• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metacritic PREDICTION

• 0-96 - Mortal

Votes: 527 42.7%
  • 97 - Hero

Votes: 97 7.9%
  • 98 - God

Votes: 93 7.5%
  • 99 - Titan

Votes: 21 1.7%
  • 100+ - Dad

Votes: 495 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to see some headlines but avoid videos...

...headlines delivered. Hype level has blown through the roof.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to watch any footage, as I'm already sold.

This sounds like it'll be one of the best games of this generation .

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not watching anything new but glad to see it's turning out great. Apprehension is chipping away.

Oct 25, 2017
1sFS4ff.gif

LETS GOOOOOOOO!

"God Time"

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is sounding great, can't wait to get home from work and dive into all these previews. They are all glowing so far.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like GoTY battle will be GoW and RDR2. Haven't seen nearly as much of red dead but I have faith.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What about the spectacle? Im just worried about this, i want a new direction but i want the awesome boss battles too.

Any word on this matter?

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No surprise there, it looked phenomenal since day one - can't wait to get my hands on it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems people weren't allowed to take footage of their own. Strange.

Oh well, the b-roll leak is enough for me to form my own opinion. Game looks good.

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna look at the previews, gonna go in on this game fresh as fuck. Looking forward to it, hopefully I can clear some of my backlog by the time it releases next month.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Wait, one of the previews mentions you can direct control Atreus as in just let him circle around shooting and stunning enemies or directly command him to shoot arrows (aiming included). Also apparently he has limited arrows (guessing you can upgrade that as you go along). Really interesting.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Don't know what Sony studios have been on this generation, but it's looking like this is another huge hit. I'm so loving this new direction...

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
"The final, and perhaps most impressive thing about God of War is the fact that the entire game unfolds in a single, unbroken shot. There are no cutscenes, no load screens, no camera cuts, no fades to black. Despite the fact that game director Cory Barlog told us this back at E3 2016, the wildly-impressive effectiveness of this choice didn't sink in until we actually went hands-on the game and realized that it was 100% true. I can't really think of another game of this scope that has utilized this cinematic technique, but it's an incredible feat. The unwavering immediacy in which we spend our time with Kratos adds even more depth to him and in turn, to his relationship with his son"

My goodness, this sounds amazing from IGN preview

MGSV?

Bishop76

Oct 30, 2017
The game looks and feels awesome going with the previews and impressions. Please freeze me until April 20th, I want to wake up tomorrow and play GOW!!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, one of the previews mentions you can direct control Atreus as in just let him circle around shooting and stunning enemies or directly command him to shoot arrows (aiming included). Also apparently he has limited arrows (guessing you can upgrade that as you go along). Really interesting.
They've said he has a button dedicated to him, so he can probably be used for combos and stuff too.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Those previews.

As someone who's never played a God of War, or had much interest in the character, it looks and sounds fantastic.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff Keighley is pretty sold on it (as is mostly all of the press covering the game). It's funny to contrast the statements in the previews with the knee-jerk reactions of those who called the game a "cinematic thing". Glad that SSM is blowing it out of the park after how Ascension felt lacking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.