• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Metacritic PREDICTION

• 0-96 - Mortal

Votes: 527 42.7%
  • 97 - Hero

Votes: 97 7.9%
  • 98 - God

Votes: 93 7.5%
  • 99 - Titan

Votes: 21 1.7%
  • 100+ - Dad

Votes: 495 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Climbing

qW0xNbv.gif

uX6oGLu.gif

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
God of War Preview: A triumphant return and potentially Sony's game of the generation - DAILY STAR

https://www./tech/gaming/689852/God...ation-game-of-the-year-generation-Cory-Barlog

WOW @ the conclusion:

Conclusion

Visually, the game looks incredible, probably, the best PS4 Pro game we've seen. Which after Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and Horizon Zero Dawn, feels like quite a feat to achieve, but somehow Sony's first-party studio's just keeping knocking it out the park - this time seemingly into the overflow car park just for good measure

Story-wise we're hooked two hours in. Actually, in truth, the boss fight one hour in had us hooked. And yet, we're still utterly clueless to the bigger picture, but dear lord we can't wait to unravel the Norse mythology surrounding this new adventure.

Then there's the combat, which was our biggest worry as a lifelong God of War fan - but it just works, seamlessly, with zero fuss and a book of further opportunities just waiting to be unlocked and exploited.

Has Cory Barlog created a potential game of the year contender? That's as safe as houses.

The better question is, has Cory Barlog created THE best game of the PS4 generation so far? We're starting to think so.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading these previews, I'm starting to get hyped. The game is (unsurprisingly) a technical masterclass, but the gameplay looks great as well! I am a touch nervous, however. With the new camera angle God of War enters into the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Nioh/Monster Hunter space... you had better bring your "A" game there! We've seen a lot of 3rd-person action/RPGs falter in comparison with the giants in that space.

Oct 26, 2017
Do any of these address the concerns about not being able to jump? As in if it gets repetitive for them, do they miss it?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The people talking about Ryse so far in here are being sarcastic before loads of you start quoting them.

The last God of War gameplay thread suddenly had a lot of Ryse fans show up to talk about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Kratos finally being different isn't a negative at all. Finally, we get some fucking character progression after four or five games as him being the same angry bastard.

G-Trev

Oct 27, 2017
London
Do any of these address the concerns about not being able to jump? As in if it gets repetitive for them, do they miss it?
I can't remember a single moment during the preview that I thought 'I wish I could jump here' and any moments when I needed to for climbing a chain or anything was just one button press away. So painless I never thought to mention it in preview.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I can't remember. Is this a "new" Kratos or is it Kratos from the ending of GOW3?

Wegelius

Nov 27, 2017
This game looks amazing. I need to get off my ass and starting playing and finishing the first three god of war titles.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Won't preorder for the stupid shield skins but will preorder because the game looks fun.

This game looks amazing. I need to get off my ass and starting playing and finishing the first three god of war titles.

I suggest just watch some YouTube videos for the story of GOW1 & 2 and then play GOW 3 instead, the gameplay and visuals holds up much nicer.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos was already different and at relative peace at the end of GoW3, I feel like people complaining about this did not finish GoW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.