• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's the Godzilla I've always imagined: a primordial leviathan who's well beyond taking anyone's shit, and I love that he's finally on the big screen.

I mean, more than any other, the 1964 suit from Mothra vs Godzilla, is what endeared me to the character, but the Legendary design is now the end-all, be-all definitive as far as I'm concerned. 2014's was a few tweaks shy of perfection, and Dougherty and his team have delivered just that.
GMK suit is still prime ultimate Godzilla suit.
godzilla2002gmkjt7_by_auxiliary4-d6chv6e.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that one was a vicious beat down and lead to one of the coolest scenes (unless it was the scene before) where every Godzilla breath attack looks like a Atom Bomb.
Yeah it was great. Godzilla flung him and stomped him, beat him with his tail and then atomic breathed him. I need to watch more of these, just wish they were free some where.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I think the best scene from GMK was Godzilla crushing Ghidorah's neck while Mothra tried sneaking up on him only to get swatted away without him needed to turn around.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Music adds so much to a trailer and I found it lacking here compared to the first trailer.

Saying that, shit looks hype as all fuck.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't care much for GMK when I first saw it. But as I've rewatched it several times over the last few years, I love how downright fucking evil Godzilla is in that movie. He's not indifferent to humans like many other Godzilla iterations, he's a fucking asshole and I love it.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You will never be satisfied because the key difference between background props, extras, or trees and parapets is that all of those things exist in the real world. We can be fooled by it because we are willing to believe they are real. You can't be fooled by Kaiju. They don't exist. We KNOW they're fake. So no matter how "realistic" the CG gets, our brains will always know that they aren't. And it will never be interpreted as something that is seamless or real like your other examples.

Not quite.

Yup.
Ahhh, but there is a simple solution for that: 100% animated film. Now my brain knows everything is fake so it doesn't care anymore.

Imagine more films like Into The Spider-verse but capable of a greater range of tones and themes.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The scene with Godzilla, King Caesar, Angurius, and Rodan was pretty much a WWE match mixed with football/soccer.

One of my favorites.
I love how Final Wars straight up steals shit from other media and doesn't seem to give a shit about it. Japanese Keanu Reeves stops laser bullets like Neo and then turns Super Saiyan to fight Not Vegeta and then has to escape the Not Death Star before it explodes. Oh and they manage to get on board in the first place because another one of Not Neo's Power Ranger pals flies into the core of the Epcot Center just like Russel does at the end of Independence Day. Oh and Godzilla is shooting shit out of orbit with mouth Kamehamehas.

Damn, I need to watch that movie again

Oct 25, 2017
I was just about to post this. At this rate they need to make an art book for this film.

It would be nice to see some of the concept designs for all of the Monsters.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
If I had gone back in time and shown those posters to 8 year old me, I think he would have fainted.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can criticize is how boring that font is compared to what's behind it.

tumblr_inline_oiogmkH0zo1skhyfu_500.png

Now this is a font and someone should edit on the Ghidorah one.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We still need a really good source pic for the godzilla and king ghidorah poster. Would love to have that as wallpaper.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit those posters.

Calling it now, in the next movie Kong and Godzilla will team up to fight Destoroyah. You can quote me on this or not.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
There's something wrong with one of those posters, so I fixed it quickly with MS Paint. Somebody please do a better job so I can print it off and put it on my wall.

e3ZMnfg.jpg

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Does anybody know what the dead monster in the first trailer of the previous film was supposed to be? Was it one of these?

It was what looked like an unused original monster concept. Seemed centipede-like to me, but it wasn't any of these guys, no. Legendary didn't have the license to other Toho monsters besides Godzilla at the time.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Holy shit those posters.

Calling it now, in the next movie Kong and Godzilla will team up to fight Destoroyah. You can quote me on this or not.
I'm betting aliens turn Godzilla straight-up against humanity, King Kong gets pulled out to take him on, and it ends with the two of them teaming up to take on Doomsday when they realize both their moms are named Mothra.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit those posters. I swear if Toho doesn't extend the license past Godzilla vs. Kong (assuming it and KotM are good and make money) I will lose all respect for them.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit those posters. I swear if Toho doesn't extend the license past Godzilla vs. Kong (assuming it and KotM are good and make money) I will lose all respect for them.

The uncertainty of the fate of the MonsterVerse past 2020 is the rare buzzkill in what's otherwise been a high point in Godzilla's recent history.

The Legendary stuff to date, and that's still to come, excites me more than anything Toho has done since GMK, but I still wish them nothing but the best for their upcoming series; it'd just be great to get the goods from both ends of the Pacific. In any event, we fans have seldom had things as good as they are right now.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
good LORD rodan looks badass in that poster

Mothra has grown on me. That shot of her extending her legs was just plain cool.