• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla's like legitly evil for like 1 movie guys
Yeah, Giant Monsters All Out Attack is the only one where Godzilla is 100% unquestionably evil and out to wreck humans. Everything else he's more or less a wandering beast and humanity just happens to be caught in its way

Oct 25, 2017
This is so wrong.

Godzilla being a force of nature was always the more entertaining route. Plus Godzilla in this movie aint much better

I very much prefer Godzillas on the spectrum between neutral and evil. 2014 was giving me true neutral vibes at first which pleased me but then they started throwing around GODZILLA OUR HERO 💖 at the end which tipped the scales a bit. They talk about him being nature neutral but emotionally they depict him as our big bro. It's not my favorite but it's still a valid interpretation.

I think it's good when he's just as likely to fuck up your city as the next monster and his only saving grace is that he's a territorial asshole. I think the heisei era probably did the best job at that balance.
I wonder how they'll tackle that balance in this new movie.

But my top favorite is evil as fuck Godzillas which would be inappropriate for this american series. I love Shin and GMK.

Isn't Godzilla 100% evil in Shin?

He feels that way and generally I agree that Shin is depicted to be an evil Godzilla, but really its motivations could be debated if you want to get into details. Especially when digging into the themes and ideas surrounding Goro Maki. When taking that stuff into account it becomes more of a sympathetic villain situation. At times you can even pity the creature. But in general tone, yes, Shin feels super evil.

Last edited:

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I don't think so. I think in that movie he falls more into the "force of nature/wandering beast" category since almost everything he does is out of defense or retaliation.

Plus if the lyrics to the song played during the atomic breath scene mean anything, he's definitely not evil

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt like it as much as the first trailer but still that was fucking cool as fuck

Prolly best blockbuster of next year for me, certainly the most interesting one coming up at least

Oct 27, 2017
Who else thinks Rodan could end up stealing the show in this? He seems all but unstoppable in the few clips we've seen, and considering that back in '65 he was, if anything, an even more serious rival to Godzilla than Ghidorah, it wouldn't be without precedent. Dude certainly wasn't above fighting dirty:

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Did I do this right?

4Le3OSe.jpg

Thank you for making my day bud!!!!

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017

How was he evil? Shin Godzilla wasn't even a Godzillasaurus, it was just a mindless zombie thing made out of a collection of radiated ocean micro organisms (as a MST I find this particularly hilarious in a head shaking way as that is the same origin as the goofball creatures in the MST3K episode "Horror of Party Beach" which also happen to have googly ping pong ball eyes like Shin's awful design) lumbering around on autopilot and wasn't presented as any kind of thinking creature. I seriously hated Shin Godzilla, not even exaggerating when I say that the only incarnation of Godzilla I dislike more is GINO from '98 and the movie overall just had a weird, unsatisfying feel to it not to mention awful acting, dumb characters and terrible attempts at humor. Keep your Attack of Titan humanoid mutations and Eva (no disrespect to either) outta my Goji.

He looks evil but Shin probably doesn't even know where he's going or what he's even doing; for the most part he walks and engages in self defense

Exactly, not sure how anyone could see Shin as evil when he doesn't seem to even have any real self awareness. lol

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Godzilla was "evil" in Godzilla 54, GMK, Godzilla 84/85, Godzilla vs The Thing/Mothra (first one in 62 I believe) Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (the one during Hesia and two in Millennium) and King Kong vs Godzilla.

Everything else he was a good guy.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Too much CGI in a movie with a giant radioactive lizard, a moth, volcanic pteranodon, and three headed golden dragon who spits lightning doing battle in the Antarctic, cities, bioelectric storms, underwater and near volcanoes...and somehow knowing how all of that would look like in real life.

.....Yeah okay. I'd love to see you explain how you'd do all of that 100% convincingly with practical effects or limited CG.

As a lifelong Godzilla fan I think I speak for most when I say a Hollywood "CGfest" is all we've ever asked for with these famous monsters which for years have only ever been depicted via suit and puppetry; and a lot of it not even that good.

Let us have our cake godammit.

Are you five? No one is stopping you from going and enjoying this movie. Grow up.

What did you expect.

I expected better looking CGI?

You've been keeping up with the wrong movie. A couple of ridiculously huge monsters fighting each other with humanity in tow is a CGI-fest?

The shock.

Snark is beyond unnecessary, you folks have serious maturity issues. How do you function IRL?

ON TOPIC: I think I'm over CGI showdowns with impossible camera angles and wonky physics. I don't think there's much box office proof that audiences aren't either. There are ways to ground CGI to retain a sense of realism or hide the imperfections of its implementation. Hopefully KOTM does so.

EDIT: Plot leak sounds wonderfully ludicrous.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man oh man what a difference watching it on your TV makes and actually the whole trailer not looking super dark. This movie is going to be incredible.

There is just so much going on, is it May yet?

I listened to Kinda Funny morning show today and they hated it, probably the only people I found on the internet today that did.

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla's alignment really changes film from film. He's been the savior to earth from a Neutral force to downright evil like in GMK. Even when he was more neutral like in Godzilla 1985 he was still burning people alive.

I generally prefer the version that's pissed off at humanity for nuking him and is retaliating against them. In the original film he was only confined to Odo Island for years and didn't appear in Japan until after getting nuked.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Man this looks dope af. And I really liked the last Godzilla and loved Kong skull island.

Can anyone tell me if the Netflix animated Godzilla's are any good? Looks like their are two.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
We aren't expecting King Kong to show into this one? what follows after this? i loved Skull Island

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Man this looks dope af. And I really liked the last Godzilla and loved Kong skull island.

Can anyone tell me if the Netflix animated Godzilla's are any good? Looks like their are two.

The first movie is ok. The second is a lot better because its a lot more exciting and everything was already established in the first. There will be a third film coming out soon and I think that's it. It also has probably the strongest and over the top version of Godzilla out there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
The first movie is ok. The second is a lot better because its a lot more exciting and everything was already established in the first. There will be a third film coming out soon and I think that's it. It also has probably the strongest and over the top version of Godzilla out there.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice! That's an awesome pic lol. Thanks for the reply, ima watch both.