• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
www.gog.com

GOG.com

Download the best classic and new games on Windows, Mac & Linux. A vast selection of titles, DRM-free, with free goodies and 30-day money-back guarantee.

Lunar Sale is live!

Here's a link to the deepest (90%) discounts, including Thief games, Tomb Raider stuff, Legacy of Kain, Deus Ex etc. But the sale is massive and offers much more than just this: https://www.gog.com/promo/20200124_lunar_sale_deepest_discounts

DISCO ELYSIUM IS 20% OFF. BUY IT.

I think I'm in for Pathfinder: Kingmaker at 60% off.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition, for $2.49. I think that's the cheapest it been since being on GOG.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Thinking of picking up the following:

The Saboteur (Seems to be GOG only? Has it aged well? Was always curious when it came out on consoles years ago.)
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux (Been playing a lot of old DOOM lately, and I've had Build Engine games in mind.)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Driver Parallel Lines (Is this decent?)

Anyone have preference on buying on GOG vs Steam? I know besides DRM free, there always seems to be some kind of digital bonus for buying on GOG.

Was tempted by GUN and Mafia 1 (not on Steam I think) but I don't think I'd get to them any time soon. Sad to see Stranglehold, Ion Fury, and Bloodrayne 1&2 not on sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Oooo, some nice deals.

Edit: Got Pandemonium and Pandemonium 2, some old Tomb Raiders, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, etc. So, so, so cheap.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just being curious: What is happening within the games industry that I'm starting to see Lunar New Year popping up everywhere, Rocket League, Gwent and so on. I don't remember seeing that a year ago. Is China getting that big in the industry?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Thinking of picking up the following:

The Saboteur (Seems to be GOG only? Has it aged well? Was always curious when it came out on consoles years ago.)
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux (Been playing a lot of old DOOM lately, and I've had Build Engine games in mind.)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Driver Parallel Lines (Is this decent?)

Anyone have preference on buying on GOG vs Steam? I know besides DRM free, there always seems to be some kind of digital bonus for buying on GOG.

Was tempted by GUN and Mafia 1 (not on Steam I think) but I don't think I'd get to them any time soon. Sad to see Stranglehold, Ion Fury, and Bloodrayne 1&2 not on sale.
Not every game comes with digital extras. Depends on the dev/publisher.

I do prefer to buy games on GOG, because DRM-free and standalone installers that are independent of the client and can be backed up in whatever ways I want.

Issues with GOG include limited Linux support, and issues with controller input.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Valve has had a Lunar New Year sale in the past and I have a few games that had special updates in the last few years. Overcooked 2, for example, did one last year, and WoW has had an in-game holiday for *ages*.

Sea of Thieves has some Lunar New Year cosmetic stuff in the latest update too but I don't think they have a huge following in China or anything.

I just think storefronts and games like to tie sales and events to real life things and there's always some calendar entry that you can tie it to. Otherwise they're just saying 'ANOTHER JANUARY SALE'. Lunar New Year is an easier thing for them to PR and get noticed by this week.

Also, shit, I didn't realise Pandemonium and Pandemonium 2 were on GOG. Grabbing those!

krg

Oct 27, 2017
does Soul Reaver have controller support?
I remember reading on Steam that it didn't....maybe I'm wrong

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
does Soul Reaver have controller support?
I remember reading on Steam that it didn't....maybe I'm wrong

The store page on GOG does not list it as a feature.

I sure know it didn't back in the day- that's the game I learned to play 3D action/adventures with on a keyboard and why I never felt the need to try a gamepad. I think if you check the forums there's modern workarounds to introduce controller support. But the vanilla game is M+K only.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of grabbing the Warcraft and Warcraft II bundle. Any reason to avoid the GOG version? Assume it's fine?

It's not a deep discount but I've got the itch to play them again.

Oct 25, 2017
Might go for Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. It's been at least 15 years since I rented it out at Blockbuster ffs. I'm itching for some platforming.
Oooo, some nice deals.

Edit: Got Pandemonium and Pandemonium 2, some old Tomb Raiders, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, etc. So, so, so cheap.
I've been thinking of getting of the Tomb Raider games but I have them on PS1 already and it sounds like a bit of trouble getting a controller to work.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking of getting of the Tomb Raider games but I have them on PS1 already and it sounds like a bit of trouble getting a controller to work.

Honestly it's not that much hassle (although I own all of them on Steam - I assume GOG is just as easy). And the upgrade over playing the PS1 versions is massive... Really nice playing them in HD resolutions.