• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten an alpha invite, kinda rough (being alpha and all) but it has potential. Just the ability to edit out © ,™ and the rest of the garbage from games' names is a god send.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I need to sign up for this. I love the current Galaxy launcher.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to give this a whirl. GOG are doing god's work by bringing all these fragmented libraries together in a straightforward manner.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This looks interesting, I would sign up for the beta but I'm not sure about that policy, that's a lot of data they want to collect, "emails received; and links accessed;" what does this mean exactly?

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Signed up some time ago (shortly after the announcement). Still waiting for the invite. I am very curious.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hope the invite drops soon, signed up for this when they first announced it. Look forward to see if they'll manage to deliver on the promises. Fingers crossed!

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
jZRd8Se.jpg
309YjQM.jpg
UqGfhw2.jpg
J4c8kHT.jpg
Bw7d5LT.jpg
dxDrqap.jpg

uSEFH96.jpg

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming the Playstation Network integration just scrapes your trophy list for games owned, or is it more in-depth than that?

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I signed up for this the day signups opened, I'd really love it if I got picked for these things every once and a while. I've been hooked on Playnite but this seems like a more elegant and feature rich version of what I want. (Gonna have to redesign all my icons, though...)

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Some interesting stuff in those screenshots. Not convinced it's necessarily a lot better than just juggling launchers (Especially since I use GoG very little), but it's interesting.

zeomax

Oct 28, 2017
Do all the other launcher clients need to be installed to work.

edit: FAQ says yes. So this is just an overlay for the launchers 😕

Last edited:

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Shame Steam achievements don't seem to sync yet. Or any achievements beyond Xbox Live (haven't tried PSN) for that matter.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, ive realized how little i care about all this. I just want a store where I can buy a game and load it until I beat it and thats it.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
No email yet.

Man, ive realized how little i care about all this. I just want a store where I can buy a game and load it until I beat it and thats it.

I think this is for friend connectivity. Id love to connect my steam, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo friends into one place from my PC.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
If this allows me to enter Big Picture Mode in Steam, this will be my default launcher.

If you launch a Steam game, it should be able to use the overlay still. The issue would be having controllers working seamlessly in Steam and non-steam games. The easiest way might be having a desktop setup for an X1 controller that can easily navigate through GG 2.0, then setup an action set on Back button double click to change the action set to gamepad, so you have generic controller support for non-steam games and Steam input for Steam games.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
If this allows me to enter Big Picture Mode in Steam, this will be my default launcher.
You can add any game to Steam since like 2004. This is how I personally play some Origin games on my TV - by launching them through Steam's BPM.
I agree though that the idea of automated integrations and some kind of community import can be very appealing to some people.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
can you just launch a non steam game through steam via gog galaxy to get the controller options and big picture

its stupid but it should work right