• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Got my invite, added everything, including even EGS with Shadow Complex Remastered (lol).

Looks a bit unmanageable so far with >1000 games in it and lots of duplicates. They'll have rethink their approach to showing the same game on different platforms I think. Also list view is rather bad right now and I generally don't like grid views when there's more than a dozen of games to show in it.

And this "official" Xbox integration is bad so far. Doesn't see about half of games I own in my Windows/Xbox account and can't even tell if some game is already installed.

But the beta runs fine otherwise.
What's wrong with list view? And I think for grid view you can adjust to see less games shown.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
Don't install the 2.0 update (using the link on previous page) unless you received a code !
I'll have to uninstall and reinstall GoG until I receive my key :(

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
where can i download the installer for 2.0? i'm already part of the closed beta but i'm upgrading my PC with a new cpu/motherboard and will be doing a new clean install of windows. i'm downloading installers but not sure how to get the installer for this. only the public version.

thanks!

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
where can i download the installer for 2.0? i'm already part of the closed beta but i'm upgrading my PC with a new cpu/motherboard and will be doing a new clean install of windows. i'm downloading installers but not sure how to get the installer for this. only the public version.

thanks!

try this

it'll ask you to sign in on launch, so if you're not part of the beta it won't work for you.

also, it'll delete your old gog launcher if you have it installed

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
obviously the client is still a work in progress but overall i'm happy with it. the only things i want are:

1. for them to let us automatically close clients when exiting a game. it's there in the settings but not working yet.
2. when i launch the client let me go straight to my installed games instead of the store, library, recent or last session.
3. battle net games don't automatically launch. it just opens the client and takes me to the game section. i still need to click play. all the other clients load the game up straight away with the client hidden in the background.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2. when i launch the client let me go straight to my installed games instead of the store, library, recent or last session.
It's kinda clunky, but if you exit the client while being on the installed games bookmark (and have last session option picked), you'll go directly there when you relaunch the client

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
its pretty sluggish for me at the moment, and the UI isn't as responsive as I'd like it to be.

also, no group tagging, everything is done one at a time, which is unfeasible for a 500+ library

Kinda just sitting on this thing till they update it some more.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
its pretty sluggish for me at the moment, and the UI isn't as responsive as I'd like it to be.

also, no group tagging, everything is done one at a time, which is unfeasible for a 500+ library

Kinda just sitting on this thing till they update it some more.

1:1 my thoughts on it.

It's a good start but I cba to go tag all 1000+ entries manually, and I don't see myself using it until I can do it more efficiently.

Dragonfly224

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Loving it so far. Got battle.net intergrated just now. Going to work on getting icons for some games that don't have any...or are just ugly. 😜

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I've been using the beta for the past few days and my initial impressions are positive. I've been able to launch games from all different clients without any fuss. My most wanted features are just more integrations and some of the stuff that they've already confirmed as coming. It's a bummer that some games have such bad cover art. I noticed that all the EGS art is uniform and nice. Some games have art that is cut off or has logos all over it. I like seeing all of the art nice and clean.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its right there with all the other integrations, are you looking at the settings page?
There is no Battle.net in settings page. I had to add Destiny manually.

I find it strange that there are Nintendo games like Super Mario Maker but you cant connect Nintendo Account. Maybe in the future? Overall Im pretty impressed. Im waiting for one friend list feature and I would also like to see built in Steam store. Maybe it will be possible with community integrations.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
There is no Battle.net in settings page. I had to add Destiny manually.

I find it strange that there are Nintendo games like Super Mario Maker but you cant connect Nintendo Account. Maybe in the future? Overall Im pretty impressed. Im waiting for one friend list feature and I would also like to see built in Steam store. Maybe it will be possible with community integrations.

thats strange, maybe they temporarily removed it?

you should see something like this

Annotazione-2019-06-25-132436.jpg

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My battle.net plugin was also deleted after the latest update, you'll have to manually download it and add it to the plug-in folder, or wait for a fix by gog

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm liking it so far, very neat.

Unless I'm missing it there's no bookmarking of games right? Would love a page just for favorited games.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Got my invite yesterday; the three critical things that it needs for me are:

1. Controller support;doesn't really even need seperate mode, just allowing controller navigation for couch use
  2. Sort title. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Steam, and while i appreciate that we can rename here, it's still not possible to sort distinctly from the display name
  3. A plugin to support GloSC/OSOL style Steam Input configuration for non-Steam games

Once it gets those three things, i could easily see myself using this as my primary interface.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I got my beta email, downloaded the program then when I tried to sign in I got a message saying "you've not been invited" so not sure what to do there.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm did this and it seemingly connected correctly, but no Blizz games showed up in the library.
Just opened the client to be sure, it detected my games correctly and even started an installation process without any issue. I guess the buggy behavior is the reason they disabled the plugin for now.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Received my invitation today. I connected all platforms.

Turns out I have 4602 games! It would be interesting if starting a PS4 game would launch the remote play app and selected game.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After using the Mac OSX version and connecting all of my integrations, I install the Windows client and... it doesn't save any of the integrations and I have to reconnect everything.

Really? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big problem here, after using the Mac OSX version and connecting all of my integrations, I install the Windows client and... it doesn't save any of the integrations and I have to reconnect everything.

That's how it works for me as well across different installations, you'll have to reconnect all the plugins I'm afraid.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Received my invitation today. I connected all platforms.

Turns out I have 4602 games! It would be interesting if starting a PS4 game would launch the remote play app and selected game.

This is exactly how I would like it to work, but I feel like there's a bit too much deep integration necessary. We will see.

I'd also like to see the same for Xbox One and BC games. Currently doesn't seem to list anything BC, and also no Windows Xbox Store games, either.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's how it works for me as well across different installations, you'll have to reconnect all the plugins I'm afraid.

I suppose this is for security reasons, as compromising your GOG account would then give someone access to your other accounts in a way. I guess it isn't a big deal, as long as Sony doesn't freak out and blocks your account because it deems this as suspect activity.

Deleted member 15476

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose this is for security reasons, as compromising your GOG account would then give someone access to your other accounts in a way. I guess it isn't a big deal, as long as Sony doesn't freak out and blocks your account because it deems this as suspect activity.
From what I've seen in the source code in the plugins, the tokens required for the connection with the other platforms are stored locally on your machine, but gog's backend keeps track of the imported games in their servers. That's why they appear on installations on new machines, even without having logged in the 3rd party stores.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Galaxy 2 a lot better at launching DOS games in the right resolution?

Before, they would always scale to 640px or larger and it was hard to play them full-screen on a large TV. So far, everything has immediately jumped to the correct size.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up using what I thought was my GOG email, but it wasn't. Got the invite, but can't use it because it's not the correctly linked account. LOL Oh well, guess I'll wait until 1.0. :)

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up using what I thought was my GOG email, but it wasn't. Got the invite, but can't use it because it's not the correctly linked account. LOL Oh well, guess I'll wait until 1.0. :)
Yeah I was put in a similar position. I signed up with what I used to use as my GOG account email, but I'd updated the email. I contacted their support to see if they could whitelist the email address that I now use with my account and they said they couldn't. They basically said to either create an account with the address you signed up with or change the email back. Neither of which are really solutions in my eyes.

I'll just wait till my actual email gets in or it comes out of beta. Not massively fussed anyway. It's just a tad annoying that I had to install it to see that it rejected me, and installing it overwrites your current GOG Galaxy installation.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Still no Big Picture mode?! That's crazy. The only feature I really, really wanted since Galaxy's inception.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
After using the Mac OSX version and connecting all of my integrations, I install the Windows client and... it doesn't save any of the integrations and I have to reconnect everything.

There's zero syncing anyway atm, so tagging and organizing stuff is also not going to work across installs. Annoying, and I don't really want to attempt anything until they have more meat to the library.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
I got into the alpha but I was pissed to find it's windows 10 only. I guess it must use some specific features to act as an overlay for other launchers? Still sucks though, I was looking forward to trying it.