• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darthkarki

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
any word on a mobile app just to see & organize your library?

+1. After setting up a new computer, having problems and having to do a system restore, it's quite a hassle setting up integrations and everything every time. Would love for everything to be stored in the cloud and accessible via web/app and not have to redo it every time.

Oct 27, 2017
elcook_GOG are there any plans to enhance GOG Galaxy with a TV mode, a la Steam Big Picture? Valve have pretty much given up on PC gaming on TV (Steam machines are done, ending production on Steam Link + Controller, no updates for Big Picture in years), and I mostly play my PC games on my TV with a controller. Big Picture still works, and is therefore still the client I use to launch the majority of my games, but I'd love to switch to something a bit more modern.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Been using it a few months and it's fantastic. Missing a few features I'd like, but it'll only get better.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
So, there's some games that are included with a game as the same game. Namely, FEAR's expansions. Old Galaxy had a way to launch these, but I can't find a way in 2.0. Any ideas?
These are the GOG versions, for clarity.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Is PSN not working for anyone (client endlessly loads). I have 2FA enabled which I think is the problem, anyone else manage to sync with PSN?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So, there's some games that are included with a game as the same game. Namely, FEAR's expansions. Old Galaxy had a way to launch these, but I can't find a way in 2.0. Any ideas?
These are the GOG versions, for clarity.

Is it not there under "extras" when you click on a game?

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Was so excited for this when announced.

After testing it and trying to get it to fit my routine I just passed. The extra plugins required and setting everything up feels like too much work for not enough benefit.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Is there an easy way to launch non steam games on gog galaxy 2 while not losing steam input functionality?
I was using gog galaxy 2 until i got a steam controller, now if i want to use the controller or even the direct input gamepads i have, i have to launch the games through steam anyway.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to launch non steam games on gog galaxy 2 while not losing steam input functionality?
I was using gog galaxy 2 until i got a steam controller, now if i want to use the controller or even the direct input gamepads i have, i have to launch the games through steam anyway.

As long as you have Steam running in the background it should work. It does for me.
Tested it just now, playing Sam & Max Hit the Road with a Switch controller acting as a KB/M.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

Unfortunately not, and I don't think a Steam input integration is possible. What I started doing was using SteamgridDB instead, which adds installed games to your library (except Win store games) with automatic workarounds to make Steam input work.

If I wanted to do everything with a controller through GoG, I would use an Xbox controller and make a desktop action set as a Gamepad, then switch to that in non-steam gamepad games so it would work normally like a gamepad anyway, but still retain steam input support in Steam games and desktop bindings.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
As long as you have Steam running in the background it should work. It does for me.
Tested it just now, playing Sam & Max Hit the Road with a Switch controller acting as a KB/M.

The controller works but It just uses the desktop configuration, unless i am missing something it doesn't apply the profile for each game.

Unfortunately not, and I don't think a Steam input integration is possible. What I started doing was using SteamgridDB instead, which adds installed games to your library (except Win store games) with automatic workarounds to make Steam input work.

If I wanted to do everything with a controller through GoG, I would use an Xbox controller and make a desktop action set as a Gamepad, then switch to that in non-steam gamepad games so it would work normally like a gamepad anyway, but still retain steam input support in Steam games and desktop bindings.

I will check out SteamgridDB some time in the future, for now i will just use steam if i want to play with a controller.
It would be nice if steam at least automatically added artwork for non steam games added, it does something similar for controller configs i think. I am too bored to add them and it looks very janky.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The controller works but It just uses the desktop configuration, unless i am missing something it doesn't apply the profile for each game.

Ah, that's what you meant. Yeah, it won't be able to do that without running through Steam I think. You'll have to change desktop config for each game beforehand. It's a roundabout way of doing it, but you can prep different templates beforehand that you switch between.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I will check out SteamgridDB some time in the future, for now i will just use steam if i want to play with a controller.
It would be nice if steam at least automatically added artwork for non steam games added, it does something similar for controller configs i think. I am too bored to add them and it looks very janky.

Steamgrid also automatically gets artwork for non-steam games from other launchers, although it's usually just for desktop mode, rather than BPM.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Ah, that's what you meant. Yeah, it won't be able to do that without running through Steam I think. You'll have to change desktop config for each game beforehand. It's a roundabout way of doing it, but you can prep different templates beforehand that you switch between.

Didn't realize you can have many desktop configs, that is something to consider at least.

Steamgrid also automatically gets artwork for non-steam games from other launchers, although it's usually just for desktop mode, rather than BPM.

Sounds good, will check it out soon then.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have an idea to get Steam Controller to work with GOG Galaxy 2.0. Use a basic GloSC config. Launch it on Steam, then play your non Steam games through Galaxy 2.0, choosing profiles through that GloSC link. This means you will have to close GloSC when you play a steam game though.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Any way to not have Origin launch to full screen when you launch and Origin game? Just want it to run in the background.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
The integrations keep disconnecting which makes using GOG galaxy 2 a big hassle, i just went back to using steam and SteamGridDB (thank you for the suggestion belmonkey).
Will try it again after it is out of beta.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using the beta for a little over a month, but keep having issues with it not showing some games in general, not showing some games that have a pending update, etc. For those of you who add everything to steam, how are you doing it? Are you just tieing each game to its respective launcher? That seems very time consuming. Are you just doing it for installed games or for every game you have on every service?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to launch games, that don't need the launcher to run, without starting the launcher? I already synced my EGS account and hardly any of the games need the launcher but when I launch them it starts the EGS launcher first. I should have just added the games one by one but that was taking quite a while.

Edit: Figured out how, you can add another instance of the game manually but you can't delete the launcher boot first version. You search for the game, then target it, and hit the add to Mark as Owned. From there, go to the game page, you'll see a "2" beside a stacked diamonds shape, so pick the non launcher version and then pair the executable with it. When launching make sure the non launcher version is selected from the stacked diamond version selector.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea behind all this, and the stats are cool when they work. But in addition to the integrations being somewhat unreliable (Steam game time doesn't update, for example), I have a concern about most of the integrations being maintained by the community, and also requiring your login for each service.

This is pretty par for the course in a way, but it DOES mean that I would have to go vet each integration's method of logging you into each service to make sure they're not stealing my login information. Worse, I'd have to keep vetting the integrations every time they update to make sure someone hasn't done anything malicious to a previously trusted integration. This is just barely within my wheelhouse because I actually do understand Python, though some integrations like the Bethesda plugin are much more complex than others (the EGS one is pretty straightforward and looks like it just uses OAuth, which is nice). I can't imagine doing this if you don't know any code or don't know Python. And in any case, it's a huge hassle and the benefit doesn't seem worth it, especially when you could potentially lose your entire Steam library if someone screws up or slips in malicious code.

So I disconnected everything except the official Xbox integration, which makes this way less useful unfortunately. My ideal scenario here would be for plugins that, if not officially developed by GOG, are at least officially VETTED by GOG, so I don't have to do that work on a regular basis myself. Kind of like how software has a stable channel for general consumption and then a beta/alpha/nightly channel for people who like the bleeding edge, I'd like the option to restrict myself to a "security" or "vetted" channel that only contains code GOG has checked out to ensure it won't steal your login info. I'm not sure if the FriendsOfGalaxy Github user is essentially doing that when they fork other people's integrations, but it doesn't matter since a) you can't see who maintains an integration in Galaxy 2.0, and b) the Github search allows you to add integrations from people other than FriendsOfGalaxy (ex. Bethesda).

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about trying Steam Library again after seeing people mention Steam Grid in here. I just spent over an hour adding art covers and such to my non Steam games only to find that if I change a path, or a displayed name of a title all the art is reset to blank. This totally shuts down my plan to set it an forget it, even if I change where I install a game somewhere else.

As I typed this I took another look at the Steam Grid site, thinking there must be some automated way to add games since people brought it up here. I found the app, tried it, and Galaxy 2.0 is still better. It even adds the games I don't have installed, and gives me a option to install it. This is so much better, even if I were to have launcher's disconnect since it's so easy to re-add them.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I thought about trying Steam Library again after seeing people mention Steam Grid in here. I just spent over an hour adding art covers and such to my non Steam games only to find that if I change a path, or a displayed name of a title all the art is reset to blank. This totally shuts down my plan to set it an forget it, even if I change where I install a game somewhere else.

As I typed this I took another look at the Steam Grid site, thinking there must be some automated way to add games since people brought it up here. I found the app, tried it, and Galaxy 2.0 is still better. It even adds the games I don't have installed, and gives me a option to install it. This is so much better, even if I were to have launcher's disconnect since it's so easy to re-add them.

The reason SteamGridDB was mentioned is because Gog Galaxy will not allow you use steam features like steam input with non steam games also because it keeps losing connection to services if you don't care about these things then i agree it is better.
I am not sure why you spent so much time adding covers though, the app imported the installed games and the art covers automatically for me with a few exceptions.

I can only assume that on GOG Galaxy connections are not lost with the same frequency for everyone because i had to constantly reenter my credentials for all the different services, i can't see how someone would tolerate this. If at least it remembered the credentials and i just had to hit the "sign in" button instead of having to type them/copy them it would be easier to tolerate. Is there an option about that i didn't see?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
My go around for Steam Input (mainly for Steam Controller) is GloSC (Global Steamcontroller, works with any other steam input controller or feature). I launch a empty GloSC link (a link placed in Steam Library by the app with no game launch/exe attached to it, so it's just the steam overlay and function as a desktop steam input) from steam and pick the game control config through the overlay menu. I just made sure it works again, and it does, though for full screen you may need to alt tab to see the overlay. I just let this stay running unless I play a native steam game. This is also good for Windows Store Games so I don't have to go through the hassle of finding their links.

Also you can see if your previously saved profiles are in the "Your Other Games" category, but usually mine aren't because I never saved them or something.

8dCZYer.jpg

Instead I make sure my wanted games are under the link's saved profile folder. I dump all of my old saved controller profiles from other non steam games into my empty GloSC steam link's folder so I can pick from the menu under local profiles. For me that folder is C:\Games\Steam\userdata\78102902\241100\remote\controller_config\glosc empty

Recently I found out about reWASD and it's amazing, you need JoyShockMapper to get gyro function for now but it's coming to reWASD soon.

In time reWASD should be a lot better than Steam Input, I'm even considering going full DS4 before my steam controllers break just to try it out for the convenience of not being tethered to Steam. This thing is fast/snappier, easy to use, looks nicer, and you can set up two switch joypads or controller + mouse + keyboard configs, it's crazy. It's not free though, but for me it would be worth it when they get Gyro in. I'm willing to tinker with setting up JoyShockMapper though.

Q97OOkP.jpg

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Btw you will need to be in Big Picture Mode, and you may need to launch Steam in administration mode if you don't see the blue controller profile loaded notification at the bottom right corner.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Got an update today. Can now manage GamePass and other PC game subscriptions in Galaxy:

ti1iVz6.png

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
No matter what I do I can't get the PSN connector to work, I always get a connection error. I've even tried turning off 2FA on my PSN account. Some searches show that this has been an issue for people for at least a year in the beta but I can find an actual solution.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Game Pass games totally show up in it now which is awesome, but oddly they're not under the "Subscriptions" tab and are only under the Xbox tab. Subscriptions only has the Origin subscription games.