• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
This is an OK ad for 12-17 year olds but an actual push for change would target biz dev guys.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the recent threads about emulations and roms, plenty of posters here would love for publishers to have a killswitch for your games.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FCK DRM is an initiative by GOG.COM to promote DRM-free art and media. If you're the owner of a 100% DRM-free source and would like to be featured here, please reach out to [email protected].

lol

In the internet age that is smart branding to rustle the industries jimmies. An evolved form of #PS4NoDrm.

Can't be hating this website as many forms of DRM that are used are colossal pains in the arse and evidence routinely points to it not doing much to stop piracy, just lining the pockets of the DRM firms.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
For this to be effective it needs to be done by a non bias source and contain alot more information IMO

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Their heart is in the right place but the tone really hurts the message.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I can't believe we still have to rally behind anti DRM initiatives despite it being proven that it doesn't stop people from pirating games and just punishes legit buyers of games

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
I guess edgy anti-DRM sites are more important than their own accounts spouting transphobic memes

SHAQ

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, Florida
They should get off RUN DMC's dick.

Nevermind, apparently everything is a meme of a meme.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The heart in its right place, but the edgy tone makes it read like propaganda for their site instead of what it needs to be: an honest psush for DRM-free products.

Being deliberately similar to the taboo word "fuck", French Connection's use of "fcuk" caused widespread controversy. In addition, there was heavy criticism that French Connection and other advertisers are "free to put up offensive posters, gain huge impact from them, and then - when they are ordered down (often after the campaign has run its course) - to notch up even more publicity".[7][10] Following a number of complaints about advertising campaigns using the initialism, the UK's Advertising Standards Authority requested that the company submit all poster campaigns for approval before running them.[10]In the United States, the American Family Association urged a boycott of fcuk products.[11]

Chariot

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg
I don't think that is has something to do. The FCK is more of an anti-fascist thing. FCK NZS. The way it looks supports this.

QycajpN.jpg

The heart in its right place, but the edgy tone makes it read like propaganda for their site instead of what it needs to be: an honest psush for DRM-free products.
Gog did it all these ways and still does. More way to reach people is nice and FCK DRM is surely eyecatching.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Childish tone, no technical information, and the first quote is from a guy whose DRM platform illustrates a few of the reasons why DRM is bad.

DRM sucks and should be opposed by something better than this.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Childish tone, no technical information, and the first quote is from a guy whose DRM platform illustrates a few of the reasons why DRM is bad.

DRM sucks and should be opposed by something better than this.

Like running a DRM free storefront and linking to other storefronts that are DRM free? And linking to non-profits?

Plus suggesting more links will be added if storefronts reach out?

If you're the owner of a 100% DRM-free source and would like to be featured here, please reach out to [email protected].

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The site has the usual CDProjekt tone, which seems a little out of step, but with a decent message behind it.
I can appreciate them trying to take a bigger stance against drm

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The person who came up with that email is an absolute genius.

Great to see a company raising awareness of DRM media. Fuck DRM, especially Denuvo.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
It's too bad they don't make a specific point about modding.
I guess the idea was to have this apply to all kinds of media.

Steam isn't a DRM platform. It's a platform which requires publishers to opt-in to DRM if they want it. (Also, maybe relevant to this point, I don't think any Valve single-player game uses DRM)

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I have no issues with the tone, DRM is disrespecting customers.
There are already many, many neutral sources on this, can't be wrong to have something which appeals to whomever this is for.

Something I do have issues with:
Why is only GOG listed in the gaming section? Did they deliberately not include itch? That's pretty uncool.

Chariot

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
GoG is a platform that sells DRM free games so as informative as such a site can be, they're probably only doing it to call out competition. The end result is for their own benefit.

GOG profitting from it or not, buying games with no DRM benefits the customer in the first place. DRM is a protection for publishers, it never had ANY real benefit for people who just bought the game (but several downsides).

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Extremely lame that the only store they link to is their own. It's just an ad campaign for them, honestly.

I'm out of the loop, it seems. What happened?

CJProject red can't stop their twitter folks from sticking their leg into their tweethole, make the anti-trans joke "did you just assume my gender"?, two locked threads, one thread at 10 pages and counting, at least 20 bans, more than 10 perma-bans.

CJProjeckt is great at games and GOG is awesome but they have no handle on how to use social media responsibly, especially in the post GG gaming online world. There's no defense for what happened and I had hoped they learned their lesson after the last twitter incident. Social media person will most likely be fired.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no issues with the tone, DRM is disrespecting customers.
There are already many, many neutral sources on this, can't be wrong to have something which appeals to whomever this is for.

Something I do have issues with:
Why is only GOG listed in the gaming section? Did they deliberately not include itch? That's pretty uncool.

That is bad, true. Itch.io is goddamn awesome, and better than GOG regarding "freedom" as there's no gatekeeping and the devs can set their own cut. Hell, Itch.io should be shown first.