• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
giphy.gif

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to make a thread about this actually, lmao.

The bigger story is the complete burial of The Fiend after a year's worth of build-up with his new gimmick.

TZk5EBH.png

RIP 2019 - 2020

jml

Mar 9, 2018
On one hand I think it's stupid to have a 50-something semi-retired guy beat the monster they've been building up for a year

On the other hand I think Goldberg is so much cooler than Bray Wyatt so i'm good with it

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017

The bigger story is the complete burial of The Fiend after a year's worth of build-up with his new gimmick.

TZk5EBH.png

RIP 2019 - 2020
Par for the course for wwe. It's what made me stop watching. It's pointless to get invested in anything there.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they put the Jewish guy over in the main event of a Saudi Blood Money Show

Is this any worse than Roman pinning him at 12:05 AM at the end of the Wrestlemania main event when the crowd can't even bother to cheer or boo because the show started 8 hours earlier

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanna hear how they justified the near indestructible Fiend lose to a 50+ yr old Goldberg.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't watched wrestling since maybe mid 2000's and that would of been a shock to me then. 15 years later though? What the fuck.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
I genuinely hate WWE.

Build up a new young star and then have them job to another old veteran.

This is all because they think Roman will be cheered for beating Goldberg and not if he beat The Fiend.

They have no idea how to create new top tier performers.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Eww are they that desperate?

Yes. Goldberg is one of the few things that makes their television ratings pop. They are grasping at straws. Their complete inability to build stats (or let stars build organically) has brought us here. The WWE roster is loaded with talent yet the product is absolute trash, almost 2000 WCW levels of bad.

I didn't even like the Fiend all that much, but it was clearly from early fan reactions they had something there, so to fast forward a few months and find that they managed to fuck it up and have to panic and put the strap on a 50 year old part timer is the least surprising thing ever.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
wtf spoilers I'm watching it on delay.

Guess I should've stayed off the Internet if I cared that much.

But this is fucking hilarious, I ain't even mad. RIP The Fiend.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, the Fiend ran his course a while ago. Glad to see the belt is off him.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Bray got fucked over again I see.

Goldberg stopped the reign of God King Bork and now he's finished the Fiend, except Fiend ain't getting his win back.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot there was even a WWE PPV this week. This the first Blood money PPV of the year? What were the other matches in the card? Doesn't surprise me they buried the Fiend, but I thought it would have happened at Mania against DA BIG DAWG!

Friendly reminder that AEW Revolution is in a few days.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
When did this happen? Today is a thursday.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
How can AEW expect to compete with WWE when they have a garbage card like this for Saturday's Revolution PPV in Chicago?

ERwDljrX0AA-gej

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't they be building up their new stars to... you know, replace John Cena? How is this going to help them in the long run? lmao

Thank god for AEDub.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I stopped watching WWE when they re inducted Hulk Hogan into the Hall of Fame. All they said was he was on the website again, I knew what they were doing, and I ducked the fuck out.

WWE sucks. It just sucks. I kept holding out hope that the shows would get better. They don't. It's predictable cookie cutter boring ass shows. Once I realized I don't like the character Kevin Owens, I just like the performer who happened to be in a shitty role, it totally broke it for me.

I dip into AEW every now and again, and that's all I need. Pro wrestling is cool. But fuck WWE. They always bring out these old ass people to win everything, and then wonder why their new stars don't get over. They made tons of damn money in the late 90s and have no idea why. And I know they're making a ton of money now but something about it just doesn't make sense. I honestly don't expect them to continue at the same financial level in the future. Also, they happily accept blood money. Fuck, I'm glad I stopped watching years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas,tx
I wanted to get upset for op spoiling this since I'm at work and was going to watch it when I got home but... LMAO This damn idiot company. I give up on them knowing how to make new stars. This is why I'm starting to give up on NXT. What's the point if I fall in love with a keith lee or matt riddle, they will just mess them up in the main roster.