• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can AEW expect to compete with WWE when they have a garbage card like this for Saturday's Revolution PPV in Chicago?

ERwDljrX0AA-gej
kenny omega? what!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Um da fuq is this shit? I thought Goldberg was a one off with Brock a couple years ago. Is this an attempt to bring back lapsed fans? Because I'm pretty sure they've already found an alternative. And that belt is so damn ugly and not just because it's blue. That giant WWE logo that spans the entire thing and is super emphasized just seems so garish. Looks like a toy. (and that's probably because they're looking to sell toy belts)

Bless AEW.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Do people really think this about Jericho? He still does some of the best character work around but his in ring performance is not even close to his peak. Which makes sense because hes almost 50.

I don't like Goldberg but everything about the Fiend has been a waste since the promising start.
Jericho is also being a leader backstage, do you think Bill is giving the young guys actually useful advice and sticking around to watch people's matches or anything like that? He's probably just like Lesnar; arrives for his match and leaves immediately after.

Bill only cares about the money not a thing about the wrestling.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Ahh thank you, the universal champion hashtag confused me.

Shame, that black belt was great...
Wait...that's not even right

The WWE Championship is on RAW now actually, and it's black. Brock has it though, so it's rarely on TV.

The WWE Universal Championship used to be red and on Raw, but is now on Smackdown and is blue

God I hate WWE

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Never should have put it on Bray in the first place. The character didn't need it.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer AEW, but there's a lot of people in here singing AEW's praises, yet Jericho is the champ and is 49 years old.

Goldberg is 53, both companies know the advantages of using a known legend at their "show of shows"

AEW still keep ex-wwe guys on good air time, Mox, Pac, Dusty and of course Cody.

Let's not hold AEW in such high regard bearing in mind the company is still in its infancy.

Darby Allin should be champ. I'm hoping it's a slow build.

Expecting heat from this post.

What you said would make sense if there was zero context but there is and, with even a single thought, what you said is just dumb.

Lazy both sides thought processing.

WWE would rather burn down the industry and make blood money off old guys than ever attempt to build the talent they hoard. Absolute garbage company.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a clip of that jackhammer. Yikes.

Was the Taker-Styles match any better?

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The sooner Bray can jump ship to AEW the better. They are completely fucking wasting him. After all this build up they feed him to not even a part timer, Goldberg is more like a seasonal employee, a month before Wrestlemania? The fuck.
I don't see them being that interested in Duke Rotunda honestly, he would have to lose the Bray name and the Fiend gimmick and with the dark order in AEW they would probably want him to do something different. I feel like they already have enough ex-WWE guys too, bringing him in just isn't gonna do anything except maybe give him a few better matches then his typical WWE style match.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i think i have a goldberg toy somewhere in storage

the real goldberg should prob be in storage as well

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
You know this isn't so bad. With all the shit news around here we could always use a laugh.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
How is AEW any better with Chris Jericho as champion. Jericho Brock and Goldberg all champions in 2020.

Jericho isn't just a nostalgia act from twenty years ago, and has constantly evolved his look and character? He's actually out there giving a new company some attention, helping others around him get over (like Sammy, and PnP), can still put on a half decent match, cut entertaining promos, and be in entertaining segments?

Naw dawg...totally the same as having Goldberg and Brock show up every few months to squash some young guys.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
It's not. It's a lazy argument that is completely half baked. There's plenty of other arguments you can make, but people have absolutely zero self awareness.

Of course it is. A new company using an established name who can still go to build up young talent is a lot different than dusting off Goldberg to appease the Saudis. You've got to willfully ignore context to equate them.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So much hate on this thread.

People just chill, watch the 5-10 minutes Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are on TV, then watch all NXT related stuff on the Network, and ignore everything else.

That's what I've been doing for the past 6 years.

Oh right, and watch SD next week, Edge is the nostalgia we all deserve.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, wild to see Goldberg still around in 2020. I haven't watched Wrestling since 2000 maybe 2001. In all honesty, I don't see the product ever being interesting again. There are way better forms of entertainment available today, so I am not sure how it can compete?

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017
Jericho is old, but he's having great promos and segments and his stable is really helping to establish Sammy Guevara and Santana and Ortiz to the audience. I also think Jericho is really good at selling for his opponents (in matches but moreso in promos and other segments) and allowing himself to look weak or look like a fool to help other guys get over.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho is old, but he's having great promos and segments and his stable is really helping to establish Sammy Guevara and Santana and Ortiz to the audience. I also think Jericho is really good at selling for his opponents (in matches but moreso in promos and other segments) and allowing himself to look weak or look like a fool to help other guys get over.
He also hasnt buried anyone whatsoever and has put over multiple people on the roster multiple times despite being a champ for only a few months so far.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
If you've seen other Fiend matches (espcially Rollins) it makes this even worse

Just, baffling
Like the WWE only gets view these days on dumbfuck decisions like this I swear

How is AEW any better with Chris Jericho as champion. Jericho Brock and Goldberg all champions in 2020.
This isn't a real comparison. Jericho is there every week. Jericho is the inaugural champion getting new eyes on a new company and making stars. He's not going to be champion forever.

This is a non-active competitor coming in to beat the most dominant character in the company right now after looking like he should never wrestle again for fear of hurting himself and someone else in his last match, and will get no one over.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
damn what year is it? He was my favorite when I was a kid. He was on WCW back in the day, right?

I think he'd still make a great Nappa.