• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we're comparing Jericho, who made Scorpio Sky and Jungle Boy look like a million bucks to that guy?

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Awfully telling when someone brings up Chris Jericho here.

WWE is rancid, this decision doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I wanted to get upset for op spoiling this since I'm at work and was going to watch it when I got home but... LMAO This damn idiot company. I give up on them knowing how to make new stars. This is why I'm starting to give up on NXT. What's the point if I fall in love with a keith lee or matt riddle, they will just mess them up in the main roster.
Sometimes you get messed up even before getting elevated to the main roster.
Just ask Bianca Belair how she feels about Charlotte Flair after Wednesday.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

sounds like YOURE the oldberg!

KMGJBnt.gif

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
What you said would make sense if there was zero context but there is and, with even a single thought, what you said is just dumb.

Lazy both sides thought processing.

WWE would rather burn down the industry and make blood money off old guys than ever attempt to build the talent they hoard. Absolute garbage company.

It's pretty condescending and disrespectful to approach my post in this manner.

I wasn't defending WWE, I was commenting on the constant applauding of AEW when in fact they have similarities.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The two biggest monster heels of the last 10 years, Brock and Fiend, both got utterly destroyed by Goldberg in title matches in like 3 minutes.

What is this company

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
anyone actually comparing this to jericho is an idiot not arguing in good faith. goldberg and jericho are nothing alike at this point other then that they are old. but jericho is still a full time guy that has put on multiple great matches in the past few years whereas goldberg is the drizzling shits.

jericho has literally helped build up multiple guys in aew and made them look like a million bucks. that he is champ means nothing compared to that. he's giving back to the industry.

meanwhile goldberg just took all the heat and the rub off of a guy they are trying to make into a star and they had him beat the likes of rollins and bryan to get to that point. you make everyone look like shit now.

how the fuck can anyone really defend this?

Deleted member 5260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Vince is still trying to figure out elaborate schemes to get people to cheer for Roman at WrestleMania.

Also, I don't get why people still wish retirement / death for Vince so that "hopefully WWE will be good again."

A. It would still suck
B. There's other better things to watch (wrestling and non-wrestling)
C. Vince will never retire or die

The WWE hates that they are a wrestling company and they hate you for being a fan. Just stop.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
anyone actually comparing this to jericho is an idiot not arguing in good faith. goldberg and jericho are nothing alike at this point other then that they are old. but jericho is still a full time guy that has put on multiple great matches in the past few years whereas goldberg is the drizzling shits.

jericho has literally helped build up multiple guys in aew and made them look like a million bucks. that he is champ means nothing compared to that. he's giving back to the industry.

meanwhile goldberg just took all the heat and the rub off of a guy they are trying to make into a star and they had him beat the likes of rollins and bryan to get to that point. you make everyone look like shit now.

how the fuck can anyone really defend this?

Too much WWE Ice Cream Bar flavored Kool-Aid.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
At least he lost to a devastating move

Jesus christ that's sad. Even his famous pin looks half assed and his tired as hell, gassed as hell face says it all.

He should just stop now. Whilst he can still look the part.

Oh and LOL. Fucking shit, declining company hastening their own demise once more. What a fucking way to burn what little is left of your fanbase. What a joke result!

Thank heavens for aew.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Any chance Bray Wyatt will just say "fuck it" and show up at AEW in Chicago? Because I would be pissed to the point of breaching my contract if it were me and lost like that.

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
All Elite Wrestling , folks. Give them your hard earned money and I'm return , they will give you a wrestling show you will enjoy .

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The good news in this period of human history is you have better products to watch than this.

Watch AEW. Watch NJPW.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance Bray Wyatt will just say "fuck it" and show up at AEW in Chicago? Because I would be pissed to the point of breaching my contract if it were me and lost like that.
Even if he showed up Tony wouldn't let him go out. Hes a mark but he isnt stupid lmao. That would give way tok much trouble to way too many people legally.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another dumb thing is that the WWE has constantly reminded you that they beat WCW thanks to them sticking to young up and coming stars instead of old dudes who
should be putting over them.

WCW never reached the point of putting someone as out of shape from age as Goldberg, at least Hogan and Randy Savage still had some gas left on the tank

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait until this company's relevance is so far gone that threads like this don't bother getting made.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
To be fair the heat that evening and Undertaker was mostly at fault for that.
This is just wrong. Goldberg rung his bell by running full speed into the corner and hitting the ring post, dude was concussed and couldn't support his own weight when in Taker's tombstone either, leading to his being dropped on his head. Yeah the heat definitely didn't help, but the major factor was the head injury. This was after he concussed himself after headbutting a locker door too hard before a Raw appearance too. He's just too old to be his old intense self, and it actively put Undertaker at risk that night. Even tonight, he barely got Bray over with a sloppy Jackhammer. He's a liability.

In general I see why they've done this, they consider Goldberg the bigger star, and if Wrestlemania is moving off the Network to ESPN+ as rumoured, they want a bigger star to be the champion. He's only a bigger star by virtue of not being ruined by lousy WWE booking every week, and the clock is ticking BIG TIME with him as any kind of viable performer. What are they going to do when all the old fucks are done? This strategy of theirs is short-sighted as hell, harms their day to day wrestlers in favour of very short term gains, and has been shown to be driving viewers away bit by bit. Raw is continuing to be down year on year. Yeah, they got a couple of good deals out of USA and Fox, but what happens come renewal time if the numbers keep trickling away? What stars have they made in their use of these older talents? This isn't like Jericho in AEW - the comparisons people are trying to make between the two are laughable, btw - he's there every week and is actively putting over younger guys in a variety of ways. Brock just crushed Ricochet in under 2 minutes, giving him nothing. This after beating Kofi kingston in 10 seconds after giving him nothing. At least The Fiend took a bunch of spears to get beaten, but it's still lousy treatment of a guy who's there every week and working live events, putting in work to try and reinvent himself after being fucked over the first time...and they do it again.

Drew and Roman both better win at Mania, then the likes of Brock and Goldberg need to piss off out of the title scene for the rest of their time in WWE.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Goldberg took care of everyone from the old WCW audio dept. who blessed him with that theme and that chant. Somehow it's tricked people into ignoring or accepting he's a bum for almost 25 years now.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Comparisons to Jericho make no sense because one of his most valuable abilities as the top guy is the way he is able to make stars out of younger talent. Every non-Cody type who has gone up against him has come out the other end looking a million bucks. By serving as the big bad, he's put over so many people and groups already at this point.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Since Oldberg has clearly lost a massive amount of strength they can't be booking him with big boys like Bray, probably can't lift Roman either. RIP Roman you might get head spiked at Mania.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Goldberg took care of everyone from the old WCW audio dept. who blessed him with that theme and that chant. Somehow it's tricked people into ignoring or accepting he's a bum for almost 25 years now.

It's incredible. He was terrible in the ring and his character consisted primarily of "He's big and grunts". Goldberg was always awful, and he's exactly what anybody still watching WWE deserves.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
You can't compare Jericho to Goldberg. Jericho can still go. Last time Goldberg got in the ring he almost killed Taker with a botch.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Man Royal Rumble was pretty damn good. But things need to balance out in the WWE Universe.

Well...if you can even call it that.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm with the "don't post results of something in the title the day after it happens". its kinda news worthy for how awful it is but not good enough to spoil in the title.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Bray's booking has always been shitty. He should have never taken 100 curb stomps. He should've beat Seth in that first match he had.

How do you even recover a dude like Bray after he finally reinvented the damage they had originally done to him? WWE deserves a lot of shit, and I hope there's a breaking point where ambitious wrestlers just quit for AEW. Its always been disgusting to me that they pretty much buy out so many names only to keep them away from the competition

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Drew and Roman both better win at Mania, then the likes of Brock and Goldberg need to piss off out of the title scene for the rest of their time in WWE.
Both of these will come to fruition. Goldberg will take another sabbatical until the WWE comes calling for another Saudi match. McIntyre will probably hold the belt for 4-6 months until Vince inevitably blames him for sagging business and puts the WWE title on Brock again.