• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soulymist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate Game of the Year
- Death Stranding (PC)
- Hades
- F1 2020
- Half-Life: Alyx
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Factorio
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Spelunky 2
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Genshin Impact
- Doom Eternal
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
- Demon's Souls
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Fall Guys
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- The Last of Us Part II
- Crusader Kings III
- Ghost Of Tsushima

You can vote here
The winner will be announced on November 24.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If they're gonna have a PC port of a Kojima game there, then the least they could do is also have MGS2 there then as well*. Also there's no justice in this world so it should be Ori 2 but it won't be. Unless the chaos of 2020 has one final throw.

*even if the port is a little scuffed

Last edited:

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Astro Playroom, needed to be on this list. I have not smiled so much playing a game for a long time.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Miles and Demon's Souls have been out for 48 hours lol ... I get it. The quality is there. It's just funny to see them immediately on a GOTY list.

Edit: Valhalla too!

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
list seems to make sense.

not sure about the death stranding though?
Did the PC port have a lot added, that it should be considered separate and be a GOTY contender the following year?
I don't remember.
heck, might as well add Xeno definitive in that case

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a world were as many people played Half Life:Alyx as most of these other games, it would easily win. Saddly, we don't live in such a world.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Astro's Playroom was robbed.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing for leading the fight against cabin fever. I'm sure it saved some relationships.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
VIIR is my favorite game of all time at this point, so had to give it the vote.

Tifa, Aerith, and Jessie are just too good.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
I've only beaten FF7R and Hades from this list. FF7R is my personal GOTY, Hades is fun but nowhere close.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
In any other year, Ghost would win. But last of us 2...man....Final Fantasy 7 Remake....ugh!

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
my heart says Final Fantasy 7 Remake
my brain says Hades

shoutout to Ghost of Tsushima too. Man, what a year.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I beat 2 of those games. And played only 3 on that list

Beat-
FFVIIR (decent game, nowhere near Great)
Hades ( Fantastic Game)

played
Animal Crossing (3 hours only, not my type of game)

who deserves GOTY 2020? Whichever game you loved most this year. The individual is never wrong.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Out of that list, it's Ghost of Tsushima for me. Amazing game. Plus the multiplayer is great too. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch does next.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners? Probably top 2 VR game this year

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Miles and Demon's Souls have been out for 48 hours lol ... I get it. The quality is there. It's just funny to see them immediately on a GOTY list.

Edit: Valhalla too!

Yeah, all three are definitely in my top ten. It's been a great week of gaming. DS and Valhalla will probably end up in my top three even.

Voted for Hades, though.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
The impression I got from Animal Crossing, is that game has a much larger impact in society than all other games on the list. You have talk show hosts, SNL skits, podcasts, movies made using Animal Crossing characters, parodies, music videos, online teacher-student class sessions, and a lot more.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima deserves my vote. Such an interesting take on a stale formula, executed with such respect and polish. I haaate open world games, but this game had a depth you don't usually find in most games. And the addition of multiplayer just cements this choice.

Mono no aware.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting an "Please try again later" error after submitting my vote?
Tried 4 times already with pauses inbetween.