• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Great thread OP. I pray for this to come over to the Switch via the store or some form. One of the finest RPGs I've experienced from Nintendo and so much love. It still has the best gaming commercial I've ever seen to date even now -

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The first two GS games are my shit; the Djinn system led to many a low-level run on my part. Some of the Djinn powers really, really break the game. :P

My favorite Djinn setup is half Earth/Water, and half Air/Fire.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Such a great series. Love the first two games and even though the 3rd isn't as well-regarded, it sure scratched that Golden Sun gameplay itch when it came out.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a great series, I wish they'd return to it and wrap it up though. Constant cliffhangers get old.

Great thread OP. I pray for this to come over to the Switch via the store or some form. One of the finest RPGs I've experienced from Nintendo and so much love. It still has the best gaming commercial I've ever seen to date even now -

Never seen this ad before, lol wat

ElitePenguin

Oct 27, 2017
This was a great series. I played the first 2 games, but never got to the 3rd. I still have it in the shrink-wrap somewhere. I should play it, even though I heard it isn't as good.

BeeksElectric

Oct 25, 2017
Original game is easily one of my favorites of all time, probably 100%ed it about 5-6 different times over the years. The Issac battle theme is still one of my favorite pieces of game music ever.

MenderAllana

Jan 10, 2018
Texas
So apart from reminiscing, what do y'all tend to do in regards to the fandom? I recently found out about some mods and tried them out, and people have been posting some nice music based on GS in the reddit. Any projects you watch or places you tend to hang out with and talk about the games?

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Man these games were my childhood. Its too bad Camelot is stuck doing Mario Sports titles these day.

Never got around to playing the 3rd one. Seems like it got a pretty lukewarm reception.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
My first real RPG that I completed without guides. Also the only one that I tried to complete 100% several times as fast as possible. I think best time was around 16 hours for my fourth or fifth 100% run. What a game !