• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After months of tough times with my wife and the danger of divorce looming, we spectacularly mended our differences, and another surprise came from that success. We finally broke the news to our 7 year old daughter, who has been begging for a sibling.

Her reaction hit me right in the feels. Wanted to share :)
https://youtu.be/CCHsuQpeCIc

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations!

My brother was the same before i was born but now we barely speak to each other.

OP
OP
legacyzero

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks y'all! Coffee and I were already close. Gonna enhance that relationship lol. Waking up every two hours is a bitch

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That reaction is amazing. They're both gonna be so happy to be able to look back on that when they're older.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Just be careful to help your kid adapt to having a sibling around. She's a bit older, so she may understand, but jealously is a bitch.

My brother was very excited when I was born, but know I now he never quite got over being the center of my parents' life to sharing that with me, and it killed our relationship.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
P1QYppj.gif

Also, cute daughter. Priceless reaction.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
After months of tough times with my wife and the danger of divorce looming, we spectacularly mended our differences, and another surprise came from that success.

So you were close to divorce for months, but now you've "spectacularly mended [your] differences" and your wife is pregnant?

I'm going to wish you all the luck in the world, but...

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations, OP.
How do explain to her, if she asks about the logistics of "sibling on the way"?

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

Again, I wish you all the luck in the world, but...
That sounds rather like a situation that could fall apart again, and with more issues arising from having a 2nd, infant, child in the picture.

Hopefully the solutions you found to bring your relationship from "the danger of divorce looming" to "spectacularly mending your differences" are lasting ones.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
WOW she was really freaking excited!! Congrats dude.

I have 3 kids. The older two are best friends and inseparable. The younger two push each other's buttons and fight 24 hours a fucking day. I wish you the former and not the latter :D

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, i recorded the moment where my daughter first met her brother.

Good times.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
That sounds rather like a situation that could fall apart again, and with more issues arising from having a 2nd, infant, child in the picture.

Hopefully the solutions you found to bring your relationship from "the danger of divorce looming" to "spectacularly mending your differences" are lasting ones.

Cmon man get that negativity outta here. Just watch the vid and u can see the warmth and happiness

OP
OP
legacyzero

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

understandable.

Our main problem was that we just weren't friends any more. It was like we were room mates that barely put up with each other. I think we just needed to be mad at each other for a while. Once it all snapped back into place, it all became fine. I'm cautiously optimistic

Last edited:

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
understandable.

Our main problem was that we just weren't friends any more. It was like we were room mates that barely put up with each other. I think we just needed to be mad at each other for a while. Once it all snapped back into place, it all became fine. I'm cautiously optimistic

Makes sense.
(Well, except the "just needed to be mad at each other" part - but that's just me)

Well, all the best to you :)

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Awwwww, I am so happy for you and your family! Congrats on the new addition to the family. Your little girl is going to be a wonderful big sister!

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
This is so damn cute I'm over here tearing up :') Congrats to you and your family OP!

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

lmao what is your deal man