• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Era, I had a great time with our B movie thread. It got me thinking about a follow up with this one. What are some films and or shows which are little known or forgotten that you enjoy or would like to share?

Some of mine :

Diggstown. James Woods plays a slimeball (what a stretch! Lol), but Louis Gossett Jr is fantastic.

Valhalla Rising. A stellar, draining film of blinding isolation and violence. Mads is just incredible here.

Medicine for Melancholy. Fine work that foreshadowed great things from a young filmmaker.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
ABC had a "Friends-like" comedy a few years ago called Happy Endings. It was a single-camera comedy and the dialogue was very fast-paced, giving Gilmore Girls a run for its money.

While the "Friends-like" comedy shows were getting pretty crowded in the early 2010s, this show stood out and was second to How I Met Your Mother for one of the best sitcoms in this "sub genre" at the time.

It was starting to get popular during its second season (airing after Modern Family helped a lot), but then ABC shuffled it around their schedule too much during its third season and caused very low ratings, to the point that no one else wanted to pick it up. (USA was mulling it over but then decided to back out.)

It was an a-mah-zing sitcom that found its footing halfway through the first season and it's a gigantic shame that it got cut short. But it was pretty remarkable that it got more than one season at all since even the cast and crew weren't expecting it to last as long as it did.

Even to this day, we still use gifs from the show like these ones:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Oct 31, 2017
People actually think "Friends" is the best sitcom of all time but "King Of Queens" blow it out of the water in every way.

and "City of God" is the best gangster picture of all time, sorry "Goodfellas"

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Films, just off the top of my head

Death Of Stalin: A really funny comedy that is clever espcially if you are aware of the history of the soviet unions and actually has some pretty good plot twists

From Up Om Poppy Hill: Probably my favourite Ghibli film. Really fill good film and great artstyle , ignore the dumb last 10 minute plot twist that immediately gets reversed

TV :
Neo Yokio: That is all

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderfalls
Early Bryan Fuller. Inanimate objects start talking to an aimless underachiever who follows their cryptic advice to help others and herself.

hKBZgUU.jpg

Misfits
This show follows a group of young offenders after a mysterious storm gives people in the local community super powers.

d8Q32Nw.jpg

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Currently partway through Black Sails and it's up their with Game of Thrones for me as one of the best TV shows out there.

Crazy that I don't see more people recommending it. Shit is fantastic.

Oct 30, 2017

Zero Effect (1998)
This is one of my favourite 90s films, loosely based on the Sherlock Holmes story A Scandal In Bohemia, it stars Bill Pullman as an eccentric private detective and Ben Stiller as his assistant.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Krisha

The best debut by a filmmaker (Trey Edward Shuts) in recent times. Filmed in 9 days, cost less than 100K, and filmed at his parents house using his family as actors. The film is stunning in making you feel off balance for the duration of the movie. Minor masterpiece.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Currently partway through Black Sails and it's up their with Game of Thrones for me as one of the best TV shows out there.

Crazy that I don't see more people recommending it. Shit is fantastic.

Black sails is dope, and unlike a lot of shows it maintains a pretty consistent level of quality throughout.