• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Ninty announced a new eshop title during today's Mini Direct! Looks to fit in the indie niche of games like Goose Game and Overcooked.

As the clumsy child of a CEO, you must climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time! Complete puzzles in multiple ways as you experiment with the interactive environments—a projector can be wheeled gently through an electric door…or catapulted through the wall. So toil (or tumble) your way to the top and make your father proud!

Your job duties can vary from fixing the office's internet connection to cleaning up experimental goo. You may bump into your coworkers or knock over a priceless item or two in the process, but as long as you get the job done you're one step closer to the executive suite! True star employees can also replay stages to try to earn a higher score by maximizing speed while minimizing damages.

Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend (or coworker) for some help solving puzzles, divvying up tasks, or collecting in-game outfits. Whether you're playing alone or with a friend, Good Job! turns sometimes-mundane office dealings into a puzzling and hilarious take on climbing the corporate ladder.

The dress code at your father's company is…flexible to say the least. By exploring the office's many departments, you can find over 100 in-game outfits hidden throughout. These looks range from business casual to Viking chic, so you can leave the suit at home and let your true colors show!

Oh, and it's out now for $19.99!

EDIT: see threadmark, developed by Paladin Studios

www.nintendo.com

Good Job!™ for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Good Job!™ and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Switch_GoodJob_01.jpg

Switch_GoodJob_06.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Really wish this had online multiplayer, quarantine and all... judging from the eshop page that doesn't seem to be the case.

I wonder if this was developed by an external studio like the Stretchers. If anyone picks it up soon and can figure that out, lmk and I'll update OP!

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
This really stood out to me in the mini direct, looks pretty solid! Hoping to see some positive reviews

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize it was published by Nintendo. I wonder if Human: Fall Flat's surprising success on the Japanese eshop played a role in getting this game made

Developed by Paladin Studios
Nov 4, 2017
Do we know who the developer is on this? Is it Tarsier again?
twitter.com

brunomikoski on Twitter

“I can finally get this off my chest! After so long, Good Job! has just been released for Nintendo Switch! at the #NintendoDirect! AchievementUnlock: Work on a Nintendo Project 🤩🤩🤩 https://t.co/jvqM1hzKrl Congrats @PaladinStudios @Nintendo”

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

brunomikoski on Twitter

“I can finally get this off my chest! After so long, Good Job! has just been released for Nintendo Switch! at the #NintendoDirect! AchievementUnlock: Work on a Nintendo Project 🤩🤩🤩 https://t.co/jvqM1hzKrl Congrats @PaladinStudios @Nintendo”
Cool! Don't know them (or any of their previous titles) but the game looks great!

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This looks really cool.

Also, Nintendo really used the line, "Hey, someone's hiring!" in the Direct. 😂

Jan 10, 2018
The japanese Nintendo channel has a full trailer
youtu.be

Good Job! 紹介映像

【ウェブサイト】https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av99a/【再生リスト:Nintendo Switch】http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPh3p_yYrx0Czy6UCWAg3ZKcCdyt0ztdR動画に含まれる情報は公開日時点...

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I adore the fact that Nintendo continues to publish these off-kilter, under-the-radar games. This looks so charming and interesting, and keeps with the weird-o of all the mishmash of smaller stuff they've published so far on Switch.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Had a quick go of the first couple of levels (literally) - it's pretty simple so far but I can see how all of the different ideas are going to work together going forward. Pretty much a time attack but the trying to be careful aspect also being a ranked thing adds a bit more too it.

Fun challenge to get all the collectables too.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This game is really fun so far! It's a decently enjoyable physics-puzzle game. Plus, I can't help but laugh when I slingshot things through the room.
So far, I'm enjoying this more than The Stretchers.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Got all excited at first when I thought you had to build your company up etc - but still looks fun.

Will wait for some reviews / more impressions

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Looking forward to impressions!
At first it's kind of difficult. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be smashing as much as possible or trying to be delicate. definitely a game that makes you think. Some really crafty puzzles in so far.

I'm almost at the end of the second floor. You start on the first floor and have to make your way to the top floor which is floor 9. Each floor has a theme (Luigi Mansion style) and each floor has 3 or 4 "rooms" that must be completed before you can access the next floor. So far, it's fairly linear.

Tasks so far include, "Set up the Projector" in which you must get a projector from one side of the floor to the other but there's plenty of obstacles in the way. Another has you arranging crates using a lifting winch. And theres another task where you have to drive a fork-lift truck and move some crates.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be smashing as much as possible or trying to be delicate
the trailer says that it's better to be fast than be careful

which makes me worried that this game is gonna be like Sonic the Hedgehog where nuance goes out the window be time is the most important thing

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Instantly bought after watching the trailer at work :)

Will be nice to bounce between it and Animal Crossing

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about picking it up. More impressions wouldn't hurt, folks. (Hint, hint, lol.)

Oct 27, 2017
waiting on reviews and impressions but wow, it looks so neat. imo this wouldn't have benefited from anything but a stealth drop. its a quirky nintendo title that will get the most attention the day it is announced. looks like a lot of fun!

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Bit the bullet and am loving it. Neat little puzzler, kind of reminds of a few shrines in Breath of the Wild, but absurd. Very fun 👍

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only played the first couple levels, but it's fun! I played solo, but it reminds me a lot of Stretchers, the other relatively recent Nintendo eshop title. Fun little puzzles in there.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like after Octodad and Goose game I'm kinda over these wacky comical physics puzzlers, but this looks decent...I just hope there's more to it than the aforementioned games.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So, I've spent about 3 hours with the game now and here's my thoughts:

++ Great variety in objectives, from using cranes to sort deliveries, to coaxing workers back into a meeting, to cleaning up the employee pool. No level feels too identical to one another. Ranking is from S to D, with only your time rank mattering overall, although the game does keep track of objects damaged/price of total damage.
++ Well structured; each floor has 3 levels which introduce concepts, then a fourth promotion level which uses the ideas in tandem.
++ The simplistic look works well. Soundtrack is inoffensive.
++ Co-op works well.
-- Collectibles are fun to find... but they're just that.
-- The physics ocasionally bug out. That's to be expected though.

Overall, I'm looking forward to working my way up the floors. Another great indie game published by Nintendo.