• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
So is Nintendo "secretly" working with indie devs to make small exclusive games ? That's kinda cool.

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
40$ is a bit too high for like 5 hours of content imo.
It seems really good though so I'll wait for a price cut.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the best kind of crazy. I'll pick it up once I'm done with the handful of games I'm currently dealing with.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i really really love the aesthetic. will give it a shot at some point

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The art style reminds me of those old Portal promotional videos.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, someone finally made a game based on Valve's Aperture Labs video series. On one hand the ripping-off is unabashedly blatant. On the other
I love that style/shtick so sure, I'll allow it.

I mean, the Aperture Labs videos are just an animation of the very public domain instructional sign aesthetic, so I wouldn't say it was exactly a ripoff.

Anyway, this caught my eye during the Direct. Looks like a cute way to spend a few hours, so I'll likely pick it up.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Wishlisted this, that Capcom undersea Metroidvania, and Club House games right after it ended. I have enough games right now (and just grabbed Pikuniku for cheap) that I don't want to bite for $20, but I definitly will be coming back for them later, especially if they get a discount.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Don't want to create another thread, but anyone else having issues logging into Nintendo UK website on their iPhone (safari)?
Just keeps opening and closing a new tab but fails to log me in. Worked fine yesterday.
Currently at work and wanted to buy a couple of games. Guess I have to wait and do it on the switch in the morning

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played the first 3 floors, it's not bad! I'm enjoying it, nothing amazing, but its fun.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Rather bespoke question:

Does this game come with multiple save slots?

My boy has saved up money and wants to buy this game. I'd like to share it out to the family but (from my understanding):

a) if I buy it on my account, he can only use it on my profile on his Switch.
b) if I buy it on his account, we can only use it on his profile on the family Switch.

So we need a place where we can easily play across all machines.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
this is kinda confirming what I'm fearing, that there's no real point in causing the least amount of damage possible as it doesn't seem to affect your score
Why would that be a fear? Just means the game doesnt punish you for experiementing and having a bit of fun. Unless you unlock stuff for straight As down the board? Like an S ranking?

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Why would that be a fear? Just means the game doesnt punish you for experiementing and having a bit of fun. Unless you unlock stuff for straight As down the board? Like an S ranking?

Oh shit, this just made me realize that the "D"s I've been getting in money and objects means I broke too much, not that I didn't break enough. I was wondering why it seemed impossible to get three "A"s.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though I was like, "HOW MUCH OF THIS GOD DAMNED OFFICE DO I HAVE TO DESTROY TO EVEN GET A "C"?!?!?!"
That tickled me. How is the game though? Enjoying it? Thought it looked really fun but not sure I can justify it considering I'm pretty addicted to Animal Crossing right now.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This confirmed two things for me - it is infuriating to watch other people play to puzzle games and this game seems awesome.

It's now wishlisted - is the performance solid?

And maybe it's just infuriating to watch Brad play puzzle games.

Performance is solid for the most part. Game has a way of slowing down physics objects if things get a bit too wild, like the objects may appear at a lower framerate but overall action remains stable. I did have one instance of an physics object getting stuck and really bogging things down (also had that happen recently in Half Life Alyx and that was much worse slow down).

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
That tickled me. How is the game though? Enjoying it? Thought it looked really fun but not sure I can justify it considering I'm pretty addicted to Animal Crossing right now.

It's fun. I was a little concerned about the length but it looks like there's 9 floors with at least four levels per floor. Each level is taking 5-10 minutes so far. $20 feels a bit high, $15 would be more paletable I feel, but I think so far it's a good buy.

Also, side note, just completed one level causing no damage. Got an A on time, S on money, S on damage and an S overall. Didn't get anything special for it, but it feels neat. Definitely not as fun as causing a shit-ton of damage though.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Performance is solid for the most part. Game has a way of slowing down physics objects if things get a bit too wild, like the objects may appear at a lower framerate but overall action remains stable. I did have one instance of an physics object getting stuck and really bogging things down (also had that happen recently in Half Life Alyx and that was much worse slow down).
Sounds good enough for this type of game - I'll buy it during a sale when I wanna play co-op.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I bought this but have not had time to play :(
Curse animal crossing and the rest of my backlog

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to create another thread, but anyone else having issues logging into Nintendo UK website on their iPhone (safari)?
Just keeps opening and closing a new tab but fails to log me in. Worked fine yesterday.
Currently at work and wanted to buy a couple of games. Guess I have to wait and do it on the switch in the morning
It might just be site being iffy but I'd double check that you have "Prevent across Site Tracking" turned off in the Safari settings as that breaks it in that way too.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was enjoying the single-player well enough, but honestly didn't think it was worth $20.

However...

My wife and I have really grown attached to the co-op, so if multiplayer's your jam then I would definitely recommend it.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I bought the game this afternoon and beat it in 8 hours. I enjoyed the game for what it was but thought it was going to go another angle with the "story". One thing I wish they had was a reverse mode where you try and complete the objectives with the most damage with a harsher time penalty, would really let the creative solutions flourish.

Overall it was ok.