• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Astro Bot has a bunch of cleaver things it does with water for platforming. Cooling down metal, making lava rock, growing plants, cleaning stuff. Probably has the best underwater music in a game too.

Assasins Creed Odyssey has real nice looking water, screen space reflections, wave simulations etc. and it was fun to dive down and see a ship you just sunk or explore an underwater temple and what not. I really liked diving down and exploring sunken ships and castles in Witcher 3 too.

Water-based powers in Divinity: Original Sin 2 have many uses. The only limit is your imagination, really...

It's one of the few games where the ability to make it rain completely changes the game.

That's a great one I didn't really think of. Water has so much utility in Divinity: Original Sin 2 and is so important in so many situations.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
so none of you COWARDS are gonna post it huh? guess it's up to me

Water-Temple.jpg

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That sinking ship in Uncharted 3 is still one of the most spectacular set-pieces ever created.
And the ship graveyard section was amazing with all it's possibilities.
It doesn't get enough credit among fans. Running away from the water is peak Uncharted.Too bad the entire pirate(?) segment seems to have come out of nowhere in the story.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
-Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword was a good water-themed dungeon.
-I recall there being a good amount of water in Bayonetta 2 and liking it.
-Escaping from the Ginzo Tree in Ori.
-The water effects in Kingdom Hearts III.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
The Zelda games have always used water in the dungeons in clever ways, regardless of how frustrating it may be to try and solve the puzzles the first time. My personal favourite is Angler's Tunnel from Link's Awakening.
Links-Awakening-AT-First-Room.jpg