1. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

So this may have an exynos too, as the only reason Samsung uses snapdragon in the US is because Qualcomm won't sell them the US bands modem if they don't use a snapdragon. But a court case just ruled they may have to provide all manufacturers with them now.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/6/18069602/qualcomm-ftc-lawsuit-patent-licensing-frand

2. Border

Border

It's not even an Apple product/press conference thread and people show up to whine about Apple -- damn.

3. Kevers

Kevers

At least they fold the right way

4. Eh, they've been making Android flip phones for years now.

5. Border

Border

Yeah, an iPad Mini will fit in a jacket pocket. I would love an iPad Mini that could unfold into something the size of an iPad Pro.

A phone that will unfold into something smaller than a mini-tablet doesn't seem all that appealing to me, though for people who really enjoy watching video/movies on a phone I get the appeal.

6. principal

principal

not quite westworld level

7. signal

signal

I know, I have one. “Continues”

8. honest_ry

honest_ry

I look at it and think "cool"

Then I realise "why?"

Its not something I will ever own. I dont go over £60 when buying a pay as you go phone. Will be expensive.

9. finalflame

finalflame

Neat. From the dark images, that looks like the shells OEMs use to hide body designs -- our testing lab gets prototypes from OEMs in those cases, which are secured with a dozen stickers around the seam. It allows us to work on device compatibility pre-release without risking a leak.

It's pretty cool, had never seen them in public.

10. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

Yep Apple used one on the iPhone 4 when it was lost in a bar and Gawker bought it. It had a case to make it look like a 3gs.

11. 8byte

8byte

This will be very cool technology in a few years when it's ready for showtime, but I think it's still too early for this to hit consumer devices and be a success.

12. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

Well they are starting production next month guess we will see :p I do remember people saying the same about edge to edge though...

13. jts

jts

So after you got banned last time for spouting this same toxic dishonest, straight-up lying bullshit for the sake of phone warring, you decide to go at it again? Wow, you really are a smart one.

14. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

That's not why I was banned but okay

15. jts

jts

Ok whatever. You do you.

16. Why were you banned then?

Let’s see if we can help you figure it as to spare other threads of similar behavior.

17. ty_hot

ty_hot

That is gonna be amazing. I just dont lke having a separate screen on the ouside when it is folded. Maybe it doesnt support good gorilla glass on the foldable screen? Prime time will be having the foldable on the outside itself.

Also, I see why Samsung didnt go with the notch: they know it wont fit well on a foldable screen.

Im curious if the foldable will come on the S10 or the Note 10 (this one is the device that should fit it better for obvious reasons).

18. Spock

Spock

If this is built as a Samsung note and includes pen support, I be will be so in on this. A true phone/e-reader/notebook is just about the perfect portable for 90% of my use cases.

19. Futureman

Futureman

In the future this will just be standard so people saying they don't want it won't have a choice.

20. Eatin' Olives

Eatin' Olives

Give it to me now.

I'd love this, give me a phone I can actually use with my hands instead of a giant slab that's stupidly unwieldy

21. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

let's maybe not derail this thread from the actual topic at hand... you can PM me if you want to instead :p

22. Bakercat

Bakercat

I’d use it. Need smaller screen, just fold. Wanna read or watch something, unfold into tablet. I’d wanna see it in daily use before I consider though.

23. Anybody else feel like they kept the lights really dim for the same reason an overweight person may want to keep the lights off during sex.........

[​IMG]

24. KillGore

KillGore

I read the phone was covered in a cass, to keep the physical design a secret, but who knows really.

25. Vermillion

Vermillion

You are perfect

26. Eggiem

Eggiem

Did you read the OP?

27. CosmicGP

CosmicGP

Nice. Looks about the same as the leaked photos, including the color of the chassis? The overall screen is smaller than I expected, but it's as easy to fold as I'd hoped, compared to the Chinese ones.

It's thick because it needs to have some space in the chassis for the screen fold to spill into. These screens obviously don't fold down completely like paper.

28. massoluk

massoluk

That looks really neat. I read a ton of ebooks, this is extremely tempting

29. darkwing

darkwing

excited to upgrade next year, my Note 9 feels old now

30. Qvoth

Qvoth

"can be folded hundreds of thousands of times"
    suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

31. Frostinferno

Frostinferno

You're comparing a handful of Apple phones to like 30 Samsung models. Here's how things actually look like when you break it down

Q1 of this year:

[​IMG]

And then in Q2 (for the US):

"All in all, iPhone accounted for eight out of the ten best-selling smartphones in the past three months in the United States."

32. Futureman

Futureman

why are the bezels on the phone side so large haha?

[​IMG]

Yea they said it's in a case or whatever but the bezels on the tablet side and phone side look way different. Either this is an old prototype or it's still going to look pretty rough as a 1st gen device.

33. TI92

TI92
    Banned Member

it has like 3 inch bezels on the top and bottom lol definitely in a case

34. Technosteve

Technosteve

Fam where the fuck is microsoft bring back project courier

35. Microsoft may have sat on Andromeda for too long. Seems like a trend for MS.

36. Poimandres

Poimandres

I don't understand how the appeal isn't obvious.

A phone that folds out to tablet size? That's awesome. My phone has a 5.7inch screen, and the form factor is too big for my tastes. I'd love something smaller that folds out to be significantly larger than my current screen.

It will take a couple of years to mature, but this IS the future of phones as far as I'm concerned!

37. Maple

Maple

There's nothing that interests me about a foldable phone. Nothing.

I want my phone to feel solid. Having a device that is malleable and bendy...it's just odd. Doesn't matter how thin it is.

I appreciate how Samsung is innovating and trying to find that next big thing. I don't know that this is it.

38. plain

plain

Super cool. I just need the tablet mode to be way bigger to be worth it.

39. THEVOID

THEVOID

Nah. I think it'll be great when it's finally shown. Probably next Spring?

It's Panos baby and he's been working on it for years. It'll be special.

40. THEVOID

THEVOID

Bigger the better. My XS Max is feeling small now. LOL

41. ASTROID2

ASTROID2

I really want to see a scratch test.

42. Chaitanya

Chaitanya

looks promising. will wait for a couple of generations though.

43. I don't have deep enough pockets and nor am I enough of a technophile to pick up a 1st generation foldable phone. I'll give it a few years when OEMs have had a crack at it to see they're any good by then.

44. Midramble

Midramble

Apple was ahead of the curve

45. Yopis

Yopis

First revision is the one to get. Not jumping in with first one. Gimme 5g S10 for now.

46. Opto

Opto

Gimme the thicc phone is it survives dropping it

47. Shinku_King

Shinku_King

Can’t wait to see more of this phone, I’m interested in it.

48. Same here

• User Warned: Continued derailment, hostility and backseat modding
    Funny coming from someone very familiar with derailing most phone/Apple threads with the same schtick that got you banned to begin with. Long story short, what jts said was correct. You were banned for antagonising others with disingenuous arguements in the interest of baiting yet more hardware warz bullshit. So I figure it’s to your benefit to point it out since it seems a week ban wasn’t enough to change your deliberate toxic posting habits.

49. Biske

Biske

Looks dope as hell, this has me excited for the real version.