• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 29, 2018
The name is very carefully positioned. No other console names start with "S", have red style/font, have a Greek sounding name.

Clever and people will stop worrying about it quickly.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If streaming takes off, does that mean I don't have to buy a new goddamn console every 6-10 years?

If so, I'm in.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure that in a few years, a certain type of hardcore gamer will have a hard time explaining to normies why they refuse to play streaming games.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just like a third party box?

Why would I get this instead of whatever Microsoft's streaming console is with Xcloud, at least then you get MS exclusives.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the name and logo look some generic medical appliance manufacturer or something

it inspires nothing, says nothing

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Google forever have my money by using the track "Montage" in the video alone. Beautiful stuff. Stadia looks great so far, fingers crossed Google are able to pull their vision off!

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Google's Twitch stream having issues while introducing a game streaming platform is peak irony

Edit: it's youtube probably, I'm watching EZA reactions on twitch

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the name and see the meaning behind it. I think it's creative in a way that a lot of console names aren't.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
A game platform for everyone.*

*With a solid internet connection.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Symmetrical sticks 👍 and controller looks otherwise decent.
Streaming only as expected. Never understand some people expecting a traditional console.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Love that they went with symmetrical sticks. It will be really dependent on how well it streams and most importantly content. I've enjoyed my PS Now trial for streaming.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So what games did they announce for it?

None? Then why should anyone care about this thing?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Performance, pricing and games will determine their success. Pointless to speculate until we get idea of at least a couple of those points.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, I have zero interest in this so far.

At least they got the stick placement on the controller correct though.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Look, I believe streaming is the future, but there are still plenty of consumers looking for physical, tangible devices not limited to internet infrastructure and connection to play games, especially in still-developing countries. This will be popular, maybe not within the next few years, but if Google sticks around I can see it taking off bigly as the current generation grows up, by that I mean these kids growing up around social networks, digital devices, digital platforms and the internet.