• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
r3bhUtE.jpg

j1kCGSS.png

t1553014800z4.png

gghfFER.png

IsSRNFm.png

• idSoftware
  • Ubisoft
  • Bandai Namco
  • Amy Hennig
  • Crystal Dynamics
  • Raph Koster
  • SEGA
  • Jade Raymond
  • Phil Harrison

IUaQahU.png

• Video Game Streaming Box or Console?
    [*]Big SEGA Partnership (IP Revival?)
    [*]Streaming Service like NetFlix[/]

B2Z8PXt.png

https://twitter.com/googledevs

932sMwS.png

Streaming Service Stedia Announced
ID on board
Ubisoft on board
Numerous features tying into YouTube

dWdGByp.png

Last edited:

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready for zeebo 2

Seriously though, if it is a streaming only device I'm out, but if I can download the games then maybe I will buy it.

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Hearing some interesting things about this. Even if only half of it pans out, tomorrow is going to be something you won't want to miss.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The web browser as a video game streaming front-end. What a time to be alive. Flash games redeemed.

goddamnimglam

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is going to lead to game development via algorithm, albeit an extremely janky and biased one. But if it's cheap enough I'll consider jumping in.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Keeping expectations low for this, but hope they bring some good stuff.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Games better be on point, whatever shaped box they come up with ain't gonna cut it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to know what this'll be about even though I can't play streaming games with my shitty ISP.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh this is gonna be happening at noon where I am. I'll have to see what all the big news is when I get back from lunch

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Here's your absurd list of shit not happening:

• Ubisoft - Watch Dogs 3 or Avatar
  • Bandai Namco - Dragon Ball Z RPG
  • Amy Hennig - New team, new IP
  • Crystal Dynamics - Avengers
  • SEGA - Project Re: Fantasy

That's your hype ceiling set as high as it possibly could be. The floor is a streaming console that does nothing but lets you play existing games on hrome.

What's a reasonable middle between the two?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Dreamcast 2: It's Thinking...Again

EDIT: Shit I didn't even notice the OP already said that, my bad!

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
HYPED BOIZZZZZZZ
Even if I'm not the most enthused person about a STREAMING FUTURE, this event should be very interesting indeed, there are apparently some games here that hardcore gamers like us will want to play plus one or two revivals according to insiders (and since Crystal Dynamics is coming maybe they'll show us a teensy weensy widdle sneak peek at AVENGERS PROJECT? PLEASE?)
And Jawmuncher you are the last person I would expect to make this thread since you can't stream games worth a damn LOL, but it's a very nice OT anyway

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my guess: primarly a streaming box with local support for easy to run games that can be rendered by a mobile soc.

$199 USD. $15 a month subscription.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like it's either gonna be "mind blown" or "it was nothing" extremes, either way...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Ready for the Streaming Future or what Google will call "the future" lol
We finally will see if its just a dongle with a controller, or if some people's beliefs of a true home console come through.
I'm in the dongle with controller boat. Would love to see if its both though.

Interested to see how Google will sell their streaming idea.
Hope we see some surprising games announced or shown off and the price for the sub (or system if there is one) isn't too high.

Starting tomorrow "next-gen" starts and the battle with Google entering the market with their version of gaming begins.
The battle between 3 will now grow to 4. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and now Google.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely scenario is this just being a multiplat console, right? I can't see how they have any first party studios that would make exclusive games for them (and that's the only reason i'd pick one up).

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
History in the making right here. We will be looking back at this moment for a very long time.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most likely scenario is this just being a multiplat console, right? I can't see how they have any first party studios that would make exclusive games for them (and that's the only reason i'd pick one up).

As long as they don't make Rise of the Rise of the Shadow of the Now I'm really Tomb Raider exclusive, I think most people will be okay.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
New console no streaming new Jet Set Radio to launch with it.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
The high-end Google console SKU will be called 'Katana', yhe mid-range SKU will be called 'Dural' and the low-end SKU will be called 'Black Belt'.

Launch titles include

Phantasy Star V
Daytona USA 4
Altered Beast II
Galaxy Force III
After Burner Maximum Climax
Outrun III The Breeze
Herzog Zwei The Godfather of RTS

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Adventure 3, Sega 2K, Super Monkey Ball, and House of the Dead at launch.

... I'd buy it!

Edit: Oh and Billy Hatcher 2 of course.

Oct 27, 2017
What I don't get is if Google Stream works on even a web browser, why on earth would a dedicated system be that important? I see nothing wrong with it being an option, the way that someone can buy a Roku to stream content they could probably stream on 100 other devices. But, it just seems like Google could simply roll out an app for any device with controller support and bingo you've got yourself a way to use Google Stream.

So for that reason, I think this whole conference will be underwhelming as hell. I'll tune in just so I can laugh at how high and misguided some of these asinine predictions I've heard in other threads are.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
More excited about Google potentially showing games than the actual streaming console itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.