• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It was OK I guess, but absolutely not interested until my connection stop being shit, so it'll take a LOT of time, especially here in France.

Oh yeah no price, no games, no infos that matter most for consummers....

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If the technology to make streamed gaming work sufficiently well is here, I don't see why it would fail. Streaming worked quite well for the movie industry...
Cool. So we're going to compare passive and interactive media types. By this logic we should be all streaming now. I mean people can watch 4K films through streaming right? Low latency interaction with a game is no different right?

It's very strange how reluctant this website is to the future.
I don't think it's reluctance in the future. It's that the old dogs have seen this song and dance before with regard to other tech promises.

We aren't just talking about changes or the inevitable future. We're talking about the logistics, infrastructure, and even politics that it takes to ensure something like this is viable. Data caps are a thing. The FCC wiped its ass with Net Neutrality and set it on fire. These things must be resolved before we can consider an all streaming future.

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
surprised to see so many people so down on it.

the concept is amazing and it'll keep getting better over time after launch

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The Stadia.com page just redirects me to the Google Store (Portugal).

Let me fucking guess, another limited release for no bloody reason like the damn Pixels? Which, you still can't buy here from Google. Only by 3rd party retailers, with quite some inflation to their price thanks to that. Literally the only tech giant that still does that here.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Because this has no initial barrier to entry. That's at least what they are banking on. Not sure if that will be enough but I wouldn't expect that to go over all that well here. We are enthusiasts who largely have no problem spending $500-100+ on gaming hardware. Google is banking that there are hundreds of millions of people not served by that market. People who watch streams, who play shit like fortnite and phone gamers are the new casual market.
I live in Brazil. I have the whole country as a barrier.

Subhero

Nov 18, 2018
That was nice and all to get me excited about the possibilities and cloud marketing fluff.
But in terms of actual info to get a grasp on its viability, more like
IpDAgCi.gif

Deleted member 9972

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This conference was like "Look at all these hypothetically awesome things we're going to be able to do"

And then left is as one big hypothetical. This just feels overly-ambitious without any reason to believe that they can currently achieve any of the goals they showed at this presentation. So many comments like "developers will be given the chance to do this and that with their games". But without any developers having actually applied any of these features yet. It just feels like this was announced too early, and they're at major risk of delivering a flop when they actually start applying these concepts to real-world situations and discovering they over-advertised what they can actually do.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Show something tangible.
You're not Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo. You can't just throw some buzzwords and promises and expect people to care.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this probably wouldn't be for me, but this seems like even more of a power grab than I thought.

Having less and less control and ownership of games is a dystopian trend that will bite us in the ass.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have strong doubt that they will be able to deliver on the frame rate and latency. The Project Stream beta I tried felt very swimmy, and never seemed to go above 30 FPS.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I'm interested. But I will have to see the details (connection details, price, available games) to see if it's worth getting. Idea has promise.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
OMG! That was.... just there. I was expecting "You can try it out at home now!" What was that? That didn't sell me at all.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, before you replied I realized my mistake and edited my post. Sorry about that! You are correct here.

But perhaps, as some people have said, they did rearrange the display after the first picture was taken.

That is the most likely answer. I've no issue with folks pointing out that things changed. Just not a fan of kneejerk cries of "fake news", especially from members of the press that should know better.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Announces new platform. Shows no games. When will I learn - these conferences are always a waste of time. Meh.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
People saying 'where was the price/games etc' - this isn't e3, it's gdc. They focused on dev tools and platform capabilities

It's a huge huge huge deal

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
About what I expected (well a bit less if I'm honest, thought they'd have pricing and maybe 1 1st party studio to talk about), not much actual info to be excited for, but cool tech. Game Streaming is still a ways away from being the main way people play games.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, i will still be able to play my games in PS5 or XboxTwo or Nintendo Circuit Breaker.

More ways to play games is always cool. Some people needs to really shill. Your precious black boxes wont go anywhere in the next 20 years.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The only use case for this that wouldn't drive me insane would be playing turn-based games like Civ on the go... Which I can already do on several other services.

They promised a lot of stuff to developers, but at the end of the day devs have to actually make these games and I'm not sure why they would choose Google over any other platform/publisher where they can already make really good games.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter if it was GDC or not. It was the reveal.

Stop with the nonsense.

Yall dunked on Xbox One the same way when it was TV time. Even if it wasn't E3 or a GDC.. IT WAS THE REVEAL

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Its all about the games. I love the tech talk. However, Google should have learnt from MS's X1 reveal, and gone hard with the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.