• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think Google’s gaming hardware will be?

• Actual console

Votes: 147 9.9%
  • Streaming box

Votes: 792 53.5%
  • Both

Votes: 498 33.7%
  • Controller

Votes: 42 2.8%

• Total voters

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
newchallenger.png

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Looking forward to seeing what they've got.

Wonder if the Gather Round slogan's telling of their plans- multiplayer-focused streaming box, maybe?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So... say Google becomes a legitimate contender:

1. Can the market support more than 3 mass market console manufacturers?

2. Who has the most to fear from them?

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As with so many things, Google may not be the first out of the gate on any given opportunity, but given time, they will eat your damned lunch if you aren't named Apple or Amazon.

Gamers are a fickle audience though; much more so than most. So they will have to make something truly compelling for enthusiasts to give a fuck.

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now Google, then Amazon and then Apple.

Will the video game market adopt the Netflix model?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They're really going full steam ahead with this. Has the market ever had four major players at the same time? Sega didn't last long at all last time that happened. Or did the Dreamcast die before the Xbox came out?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that is definitely the "idea" of video games, lol.

At this point I'm quite interested to see what this ultimately turns out to be. My money's still on an AAA streaming device though.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
4th home console? I'm okay with it as long as it's not an android device.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That space door ... what was that conference that was based on a spaceship flying to different planets?
Was that the japanese Playstation one? That space door was a LOT like the one used on that conference. wonder if it is a stock film xD

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely looks like a traditional games type messaging. This will be interesting.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Unlike some I am actually willing to give google a chance, hope to see some good things from them at GDC

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Those don't look like mobile games...
Hyped for this event, I welcome more competition into the console space with open arms (as a Playstation fan especially, keeps Sony from being complacent next gen)

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Expectation that they won't have a significant impact on the current home console environment. But this is apparently what people thought when Microsoft and even Sony entered the ring, so we'll see.