• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think Google’s gaming hardware will be?

• Actual console

Votes: 147 9.9%
  • Streaming box

Votes: 792 53.5%
  • Both

Votes: 498 33.7%
  • Controller

Votes: 42 2.8%

• Total voters

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit, I've been out of the console scene since last gen but that teaser got me kinda hyped.

Legit curious.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit, I've been out of the console scene since last gen but that teaser got me kinda hyped.

Legit curious.
As someone who is into the gaming scene in general, I'm just excited a new challenger is entering the ring in earnest (or appears to be). Sure we've had other contenders, but none as exciting as Google. I was hopeful about Amazon for a second there, but idk what's up with them now.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who is into the gaming scene in general, I'm just excited a new challenger is entering the ring in earnest (or appears to be). Sure we've had other contenders, but none as exciting as Google.
This, competition is good.

Through the years of antiXbox sentiment few give them credit for a broadband only service with a unified ID that Sony was forced to copy kicking and screaming.

Oct 25, 2017
I generally like Google's main software / mobile hardware. Just also wary of how often they announce a service or app and then unceremoniously dump it a couple years later.

I have some Nest products if they announced tomorrow it's getting discontinued or a total brand change I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
It will be hilarious. Everyone was waiting for the PS5 or new Xbox to begin the next gen consoles party, but Google jumps in and starts the music first.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure I want to play on the same platform that hosts "Milo owning feminists" compilations and anti-vaxxer idiocy.

They should release an app that follows your subscription money getting taken offshore and washed in Ireland in real time.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Im kinda tired of negativity dominating the discussion around this.

I hope google can being great things to the industry.

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018
If they can bring anything new to the table without getting even more of my data I'm fine. If its a device or service that is tethered to any kind of online connectivity I'm out. They got already way to much data from me (YouTube, google, gmail). Also, there is nothing better than having your stuff fully accesible offline to me.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
So what games announcements can we expect from this conference?
tumblr_m6k2jyOjpt1qitl8jo1_500.gif

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I wonder how this keynote will start.

Will they talk about the history of gaming?

Will no one be on the floor when a trailer suddenly starts playing?

Will they address the developers in the room off the bat?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be fascinating

Even if this is 'just' a streaming box, if they are using relative high spec PC tech in the background then it could somewhat defuse ps5/xb2 reveals - although they'll be local hardware the 'performance' gap will appear to be closer which could take some wind out of their sails

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is a straight up ouya to me until I see it and it has actually full ass games on it

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
"not a traditional console" doesn't necessarily mean a streaming box. A box with good hardware that runs full android (and its apps) wouldn't be a traditional console but it would be a proper local box to play games on.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
"not a traditional console" doesn't necessarily mean a streaming box. A box with good hardware that runs full android (and its apps) wouldn't be a traditional console but it would be a proper local box to play games on.

That sounds like the Nvidia shield to me. If it's basically a shield but with their own controller and own Geforce now platform I'd be a little bit disappointed to say the least

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017

If the selling point of this thing is "it can run Android apps" then it's 100% doomed and Google learnt nothing from Ouya, Amazon, Nvidia, Apple and their own even attempt.

Google has to show nothing but games at these events, and obviously how this thing is going to work, but not other extra gimmicks nobody is interested (or not enough to buy another box)

Either you fully commit to making a proper console or just show us how Project Stream can work on a beefed up Chromecast.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wild guess. It's a more advanced Switch. Android streaming on the go, plus you can dock it and use a regular controller on a TV. Also handheld device has the Pixel 3 camera in it, so you can take images/videos and it all syncs like Google.