• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think Google’s gaming hardware will be?

• Actual console

Votes: 147 9.9%
  • Streaming box

Votes: 792 53.5%
  • Both

Votes: 498 33.7%
  • Controller

Votes: 42 2.8%

• Total voters

ilium

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
2019318223624_1.jpg

Dreamcast 2 with full motion controls that somehow ends up buried in the desert.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
With current US telecom infrastructure, I just don't see a streaming device being a contender. I could see it occupying a niche outside of the big 3 for a more casual audience, however.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know, it's just that I think they have to go for the highest settings. They don't have MS and Sony's problem that they have to stream Xbox and Playstation games so Google can go with better graphics.

Even on Xbox 2 and PS5 Sony and MS will still be constrained by their consoles and google can keep improving on graphics as PC hardware develops faster.

I asked about a way to test my connections to see how lag and frame rate will impact the experience. I wouldn't buy it without knowing is my connection is enough.

Google will not constantly update their server hardware, this would be much too expensive.

This will be a problem for google if many people use Stadia. At weekends or even at the evening when most people play they need many Stadia instances to run simultaneously, to have this many instances reserved for Spikes that have not much to do on other times is not financial viable, unless the monthly fee for the user is big. They will have to cut down quality so that two or more people can run at the same instances.