• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

D19HoKRUgAEQS9M

D19HoIFU8AAZk1U

Google has a big exhibit area on the second floor of Moscone West with currently-empty hardware displays and TVs teasing its big gaming announcement tomorrow.

Follow along at @macstoriesnet for full coverage macstories.net/tag/GDC2019

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's it. That's the console. Even the device itself is cloud-based. They're going to stream it right in to the display cases. We are through the looking glass, people.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda crazy. If this is truly a legit console and they're getting the third parties on board... it's just been Xbox/PS/Nintendo for so long without a huge player stepping in.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Their partnerships will be key.
Those will matter but the business model will matter more. The cost of their subscription or tiers of subscriptions will matter. The ability to play offline and ownership rules will also matter a lot.

If they have ads on start up of every game instead of traditional loading screen this could blow up in their faces.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I believe that's the thing, the displays/stands are empty, cause they're not announcing a console, but a streaming service.

Right? :)

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Xbox is kinda...well, we'll just have to see in the coming years!
If you think Xbox is getting out of the hardware game - I'm sorry - you're delusional.

I'm just imagining seeing 3 different SKUs for the big AAA fall games, with Google being one of them... and that's a wild thought.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So we might be getting a legit console? I'm only going off the size of the display stands.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I'm baffled how there has yet to be any real or substantial leaks for whatever this is.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You folks aren't seeing it.

It's already there. It's meant to be nothing, because it's not a console, it's a app that's built into smart TVs.