• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Google is axing Chromecast Audio

Oct 25, 2017
The Verge

Our product portfolio continues to evolve, and now we have a variety of products for users to enjoy audio. We have therefore stopped manufacturing our Chromecast Audio products. We will continue to offer assistance for Chromecast Audio devices, so users can continue to enjoy their music, podcasts and more.

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. Curious to hear from folks impacted by this. What was the experience like using Chromecast Audio devices compared to the competition? I've tended to avoid Google consumer products because I've come to expect that something like this will happen.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
weird, i love mine.

but then again, i'm one of the only millennials ii know that uses dedicated speakers.
I love mine too, disappointed that I won't be able to get any more if I wanted to.

This wouldn't be a bid deal if Google Homes had an audio out port, but they don't for whatever reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Seems that Chromecast support is built into most of the AV Receivers I’ve been eyeing, so no big deal if I really want just audio streaming on my stereo.

Definitely sucks if you wanted to add Chromecast support to a random standalone speaker via Aux In, though. They obviously want to sell you a dedicated smart speaker instead.

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm actually in the market for one of these. Better scoop one up quick I guess.

Google's site seems to be out, anyone have a source?

Or, maybe a better question does anyone know of a similar device that works with google home?

Nov 28, 2017
I love our chromecast audios. Converted our old stereos to a modern multiroom setup for next to nothing. Will see if I can get a few more before they dissappear.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm actually in the market for one of these. Better scoop one up quick I guess.

Google's site seems to be out, anyone have a source?

Or, maybe a better question does anyone know of a similar device that works with google home?
Google's eBay store and B&H Photo still have it for $15.