• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I like the back. Interested in seeing the whole thing and learning more.

I still have my OG Pixel that's just now starting to act up.

I really can't get over how well my Pixel 2 XL has held up. Phone is a fucking beast.

Still holds a charge for over a day of heavy use, still ridiculously fast, and rarely needs to be rebooted (an issue I used to have with older Android phones).

I'll definitely keep my eye on this... As my phone is almost 2 years old.

Nov 30, 2018
Is Apple copying the Huawei Mate 20 Pro then?
66919462.jpg

Huawei copied Apple

51rF-CAx27L._SX425_.jpg

4e7b125f-1283-48d6-9902-b7a2878480aa.jpg

Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure we can go back a long time to be honest. Phones back camera placements aren't really something you can have tons of possibilities with.

Uh huh "not many options until Apple comes out and they change it up"

Always a defense force for anybody copying Apple but anything Apple does and it's always they copied it no matter what

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Companies are always looking forward to what competitors are doing to try to stay ahead. Everyone know for months what iPhone X would be like with the notch and Android phones with notches were well in development by the time it released.

Not sure why how is a difficult concept
Apple was not the first phone with a notch. It was the Sharp's Aquos S2.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Apple is 100% the first one with a useful notch.

The rest had a notch for the camera for the sake of a notch. They had nothing like FaceID to accompany it.
That is your answer? Useful notch, so Apple can claim to be first? FaceID so all other implementations are void? As far as I know the camera is useful. Always a caveat with Apple to justify them being the first at everything.
Looking at your other post, I am going to ignore you from here on. You are too far gone to have a rationale conversation with.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol this is hilarious.. the whole who copied who. Companies "copy" each other all the time. There's only so many ways you can design a phone and they're all bound to look a like one way or another.

With that said, looking for to the Pixel 4 as I skipped the Pixel 3 and currently rocking the 2XL.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Companies are always looking forward to what competitors are doing to try to stay ahead. Everyone know for months what iPhone X would be like with the notch and Android phones with notches were well in development by the time it released.

Not sure why how is a difficult concept

It's a difficult concept because it's absolutely absurd. Phone manufacturing takes years from concept to shipment. Please tell me how Google somehow honed in on the iPhone XI leaks that happened a couple months ago and integrated those leaks into their Pixel 4 designs in a matter of weeks. Really, I'd love to hear it.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unbox Therapy put this video up with a lot of details covering what's inside the Pixel 4 and it seems like this thing will be packing a punch tech wise

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Multiple back cameras + Google voodoo software

My Pixel 2 is still going strong, but I'm so ready for this.

Oct 25, 2017

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I did a quick terrible mockup on my phone of what the Pixel 4 will camera setup will be in the front based on what Unbox Therapy said on what Google is doing.

Basically, it won't have a notch, it'll have a bezel similar to that of the Xperia 1 with a bunch of camera tech in it. It'll have 5 cameras for/with face unlock tech along with selfie related ones.

Here's my mockup

OHQ7Zdv.png

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this giant block of cameras in the corner is just the worst. apple and google making ugly ass phones nowadays.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
That is your answer? Useful notch, so Apple can claim to be first? FaceID so all other implementations are void? As far as I know the camera is useful. Always a caveat with Apple to justify them being the first at everything.
Looking at your other post, I am going to ignore you from here on. You are too far gone to have a rationale conversation with.
Lunchbox and Detective loki are 2 of the biggest Apple astroturfers here. Pay no attention to them, for they have nothing of substance to say

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's a difficult concept because it's absolutely absurd. Phone manufacturing takes years from concept to shipment. Please tell me how Google somehow honed in on the iPhone XI leaks that happened a couple months ago and integrated those leaks into their Pixel 4 designs in a matter of weeks. Really, I'd love to hear it.
The first Pixel phone went from nothing to release in nine months. Now I'm not saying there's definitive evidence that Pixel copied Apple here, but there certainly would have been time to change the design after the iPhone XI leaked three months ago in time for an October launch.

At least this looks way better than how they tried to copy the iPhone X notch.

So I did a quick terrible mockup on my phone of what the Pixel 4 will camera setup will be in the front based on what Unbox Therapy said on what Google is doing.

Basically, it won't have a notch, it'll have a bezel similar to that of the Xperia 1 with a bunch of camera tech in it. It'll have 5 cameras for/with face unlock tech along with selfie related ones.

Here's my mockup
Is the forehead really going to be this huge?

Considering past Pixels, it might be.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if your last one got Leaked fucking 5 months in advance, you might as well leak it yourself this time.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first Pixel phone went from nothing to release in nine months. Now I'm not saying there's definitive evidence that Pixel copied Apple here, but there certainly would have been time to change the design after the iPhone XI leaked three months ago in time for an October launch.

At least this looks way better than how they tried to copy the iPhone X notch.

Is the forehead really going to be this huge?

Considering past Pixels, it might be.
Not necessarily. My design was just to illustrate what they intend on doing with the cameras. The exact specifications on how big the bezel will be to house all of the cameras is something I don't know.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Don't start a war if moving the goalposts with irrational fanboys, they will push that shit infinitely. Not the first? Well its the first that "matters". Or the first that "I care about" or whatever. Its a waste of time. Please don't go down that path.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point all we can do is speculate about this phone just as much as we're speculating about Robert Pattinson is Batman. (Some people like the idea, some don't) We won't know if we'll like until we have seen it.

Personally I'm looking forward to this change in design as they've held onto the same/similar phone design for 3 years with little differentiation.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
At this point all we can do is speculate about this phone just as much as we're speculating about Robert Pattinson is Batman. (Some people like the idea, some don't) We won't know if we'll like until we have seen it.

Personally I'm looking forward to this change in design as they've held onto the same/similar phone design for 3 years with little differentiation.
The back looks great and nothing can be as the 3 XL's huge notch + chin combo.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I care too much because I'm keeping my S10 for a while, but I hope it's not too ugly of a phone like the Pixel 3XL.

Also, the Pixel 3A is an excellent phone (I own as well)

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung hosting giant meetings with massive screens and shit flying in your face and numerous suits giving each other butt smacks. Google's all "lol fuck it twitter it is!".

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Apple is 100% the first one with a useful notch.

The rest had a notch for the camera for the sake of a notch. They had nothing like FaceID to accompany it.

LOL..i'm sorry but i gotta laugh....i am just casually browsing this thread but your reply warrants a reply from me due to how much 'i really like apple!' it is...

i like apple too but i gotta tip my hat to you...because i wouldn't caught myself arguing with such logic.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not this shit again lol. Same with the last time with the notch being fake and people waiting for the 'pixel ultra'

Don't know what the pixel ultra is. Did Google confirm the pixel 3 design last year after all the leaks? If not then why now? I only suggested a possible decoy because its odd for a company to confirm a rumor this far ahead of launch all while in the middle of a current product launch with the pixel 3a. Google has done weird and viral marketing campaigns before.