• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Google has promised more than 10 Stadia timed-exclusives will be released by July 2020 - but it failed to name the games.

More than 120 games are due to hit Google's streaming service in 2020, Google promised.

"Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than 10 games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch," Google said in a note to press today.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-than-10-stadia-timed-exclusives-by-july-2020

So Google's gonna start moneyhatting games for their shitty cloud service, yay.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine the ten games will launch with a PC version as well, but the console versions will come after.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Stadia paying to delay games for other platforms is the least interesting use of Google Money imaginable.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I suspect most of those timed exclusives would be indie games in the same vain as GYLT. Also them being timed means why bother investing in their ecosystem.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Uh. Fuck off and thanks?

I get why you need to do this, but it isn't something you would want to proudly announce to gamers. Tone deaf, as usual.

Cheaptrick

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 6, 2020
I think that's great. Outside of the cost of the game it's free for anyone to try in 1080p, provided you have even crappy internet access.

The barrier to try these games is basically as low as it can get.

I don't see myself becoming an exclusive Stadia gamer but if Google wants to make exclusive games that most of us can play with zero investment beyond the price of the game, that's brilliant for gamers.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Add to gaming by creating your own games rather than paying to deprive others of them. Makes me frankly hostile towards the platform. Depends a bit on how it's handled though, I guess.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I mean, this is technically what needs to be done sometimes to get your platform off the ground. Buy some studios and have them make games for you. Sony did it, MS did it, and now Google is partially doing it.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I think that's great. Outside of the cost of the game it's free for anyone to try in 1080p, provided you have even crappy internet access.

The barrier to try these games is basically as low as it can get.

I don't see myself becoming an exclusive Stadia gamer but if Google wants to make exclusive games that most of us can play with zero investment beyond the price of the game, that's brilliant for gamers.
Yeah it's all great except for the part it's not available in most of the world and the free version of the service still doesn't exist lol. Not to mention the disadvantages inherent to streaming.

Also, they're not making these games.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's games that wouldn't likely come to PC, then when the exclusive is up it doesn't just come to Steam and nothing else. I don't mind late ports, it happens very often for PC.

Remember Stadia isn't PC.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I understand they have to announce something but 120 games in one year doesn't sound good. All that does is highlight the lack of support imo.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Will be interesting to see what they get, I really doubt any major game would risk being a timed exclusive for Stadia.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Google has promised more than 10 Stadia timed-exclusives will be released by July 2020
Ugh, this shit sucks. Already was really annoyed that they did that with Samurai Shodown's PC version (which also affected the Switch US release).

Fuck timed-exclusives in general.

Cheaptrick

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 6, 2020
They didn't make these. They are buying exclusivity.

Okay, but isn't more money being invested in games still good for us and the industry? Especially when most of us will have instant access, and no hardware costs.

if MS or Sony bought the exclusivity many ppl would be locked out. In this case almost everyone can play these games.

I'm not a Stadia fanboy, but I don't see what we have to lose. It seems like a win win situation for gamers.

Sep 23, 2018
I really don't think Google can win at this stage, mainly because they bungled they "launch" so badly they can't hope to win back people who had a little faith in the service.
Honestly I'm glad it isn't taking off, I would rather pay for my games and own them. Obviously even this is threatened with digital downloads being more prevalent but even then, I can turn on my Vita and play a Tomb Raider game from the 90s that I bought on PSN about five years ago.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a bad number for a library I guess. Hopefully nothing I'm interested in gets made into a times exclusive.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If you notice, the following services keep sharing the same games. So whatever comes out or is in the pipeline will come out to these similar services. Maybe it's good for Stadia but if you are using these services already, dont expect bangers.

Humble Bundle
PS+
XB Gold
Epic Free Giveaways
Twitch Prime monthlies
Whatever else free pc giveaways

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, but isn't more money being invested in games still good for us and the industry? Especially when most of us will have instant access, and no hardware costs.

if MS or Sony bought the exclusivity many ppl would be locked out. In this case almost everyone can play these games.

I'm not a Stadia fanboy, but I don't see what we have to lose. It seems like a win win situation for gamers.
Not sure what you mean with "instant" access, these aren't free. You have to spend money.
I guess if you don't have ANY gaming platform that would be a plus, but then you probably don't even know about Stadia. Now you have to get it on there and if it doesn't work right or you can't find any people online for multiplayer, you are stuck with a bad version.
"Exclusive" just means less choice for me.

edit: Also, Stadia is only available in a few countries, it's literally locking out most of the world.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, let's see what the reaction to timed-exclusives will be now that Stadia will be doing them.

I expect a lot less "competition" posts, especially if it affects consoles.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, let's see what the reaction to timed-exclusives will be now that Stadia will be doing them.

I expect a lot less "competition" posts.
It does seem less vindictive because they're not just getting games pulled from one specific competitor, but all competitors. But it is similarly distasteful.

I don't know if console players will defend this like many seem to for games being pulled from Steam.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Stadia timed exclusives = delayed games as far as I'm concerned. Luckily there's a crazy amount of good stuff coming this year that I don't need to be concerned.

I wonder if these will be full timed exclusives or if they'll still launch on PC like Darksiders Genesis.

This was inevitable though. Personally I don't care too much if games are PlayStation/Xbox/PC exclusive because I own those platforms and happy to play on them all. But I'm not touching Stadia with a bargepole.
If you notice, the following services keep sharing the same games. So whatever comes out or is in the pipeline will come out to these similar services. Maybe it's good for Stadia but if you are using these services already, dont expect bangers.

Humble Bundle
PS+
XB Gold
Epic Free Giveaways
Twitch Prime monthlies
Whatever else free pc giveaways
Are you referring to the monthly game included in the premium subscription?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem less vindictive because they're not just getting games pulled from one specific competitor, but all competitors. But it is similarly distasteful.

I don't know if console players will defend this like many seem to for games being pulled from Steam.
Of course they won't

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I get why you need to do this, but it isn't something you would want to proudly announce to gamers. Tone deaf, as usual.

You say that like the vast majority of gamers don't like moneyhats. Hell, the majority of ERA users don't mind moneyhats as long as it's on their preferred console.