• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Coo

EDIT: Seriously though I look forward to this. They gotta hit hard.

Last edited:

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
My reaction to this is the same as it has been for everything Stadia related: "Hm. We'll see."

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
They already said this would be the case during reveal.

I still dont understnd why the big gap between "announcements" though, it's not like there's big buzz about it at the moment.

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
Price reveal translates to business model reveal right? I assume it's some sort of subscription since I don't think games are magically going to be cheaper on a streaming service.

Excited to know more!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank you Google for allowing me the privilege of receiving more information on the product you want me to purchase.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Latency will never make me opt for streaming games. Hell some TV's already themselves cause latency even on consoles.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Google: we will announce the price, launch date, and launch titles sometime before launch, like literally every product.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can they afford to make it free? I.e you buy your $60 digital game and they cover their streaming costs through their margin on that game?

Or maybe a fee around the same as XBL/PS+? That's fairly easy to justify as the competition does it already

That way you're basically taking the hardware cost away for people

I'm going on the assumption you still buy games and it won't be a Netflix model (not yet at least)

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
source.gif

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Not a drive-by, but my reaction to it anyway... yawn.

Fake edit: good luck to those of you who go in on it early, if it falters I wouldn't expect Google to hold out for it to turn around.