• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

D8Yk3HOW4AAi1mZ

D_2bcXyU4AECmSE

7ME3E45.png

RAfnkll.png

EAQm2cEU4AExKjD

BXADCyp.png

EJG3PX6UwAAQALS

CTWkLja.png

rI0oRBa.png

6cj67Ku.png

hMAm4FS.png

NmsRq9K.png

EII2bFEU8AE71Yb

D8YgTQhWkAEMCuA

Stadia is best experienced with the Stadia Controller. But you can still use any other supported device.
D8YhBj7XoAEdgPq

Stadia launches this November in these 14 countries, with more to come in 2020.
D8YkldvWkAAu8yF

Gamescom Stadia Connect Recap:

Test Your Connection:
Pre-order Stadia Controller

Last edited:

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Decent price. Picked up a year Now subscription for $60 that has been surprisingly awesome so I won't be counting this out.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Better than Plus if you pay monthly.
Not available in Malaysia... Waiting for import, which will inflate the price to PS4 launch day price tier.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That's more expensive than PS Now which people didn't like with a significantly smaller library. Not even all 31 games are included in this, right?

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
If you could at least also play the games natively on PC if you buy on Stadia. But I assume that is not the case, right?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The $9.99 is for Stadia Pro specifically which is the tier that lets you do 4k HDR 60fps (and some other content they didn't detail).

"Base" Stadia is free and you just buy the games.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
If I have a Chromecast Ultra and various controllers can I just sub to the service?

Not that it will work in Alaska due to my Ping :D

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People will undoubtedly shit on the price but you could get like ten YEARS of Stadia for the price of a similarly specced gaming PC. Assuming you have a rock-solid connection and don't really care about offline potential, it's theoretically a good deal.

Again, though, there's a lot of assumptions built into this calculaion, namely a highly stable connection on your end as well as Google's, and the longevity and success of Stadia itself.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
To my understanding, Stadia Pro (4K streaming) is $10 a month ON TOP of actually purchasing a game. Is that correct?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
So the only game included with Stadia Pro at launch is Destiny? Everything else you have to additionally purchase? Yikes. I thought there'd be a larger collection in the Pro library, to get things going.

You still have to buy all of the games with Stadia Pro right?

At the outset everything except Destiny. "Additional free games released regularly" and discounts on some purchases for Pro subscribers.

Nov 8, 2017
The website says additional free games added regularly. So, I get all games for 10 bucks a month and can keep the free ones if I unsubscribe?

curley

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
But what are you paying $9.99 per month for? Just the ability to play games (that need to be purchased) on this platform?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Stadia Pro:
Three months included in Founder's Edition.
Part of Founder's Edition

Resolution: Up to 4K

Frame rate: 60 FPS

Sound: 5.1 surround sound

Buy games whenever you want: Yes

Additional free games released regularly: Yes, starting with Destiny 2: The Collection

Stadia Pro-exclusive discounts on select game purchases: Yes

From the website, looks like Pro only comes with Destiny 2 free at launch with more games added regularly. This is more PS +/Xbox Live Gold than Gamepass
You will have to purchase games normally otherwise

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
so the $9.99 a month is for the ability to play some *games anywhere on an device running chrome?

*games are tbd, and some need to be purchased separately.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You still have to buy the games.
Pro is only to play them in 4K60 with 5.1 Sound and to get some discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.