• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
These are the people Mueller has to convince in order for anything influential to truly happen. Without congress the President & his cronies basically have immunity. In other words, we're screwed.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is the playbook, you can chisel it into stone that this is the tactic they take
  1. Attorney General Jeff Sessions will resign because of leaks that he knew about the Russian involvement (this is why Carter Page sold out Sessions unexpectedly this week)
  2. In absence of A.G. with authority to fire Mueller, Trump has to cede to Congress
Audible:
  1. After Sessions resignation Trump nominates another AG who fires Mueller, but this is less likely because it'll be dicey for an AG to get through congress

Oct 30, 2017
The same could be said for the Russian professor and lawyer who are not in an official capacity working for the Russian government.

Keep intelligence services and spies out of your national elections. It's basically their job to throw up a smokescreen.

You seem to have a really hard time grasping one basic fact. Did you hear about Steele or the dossier before you cast your vote? Obviously not because none of it was ever released, so how were you influenced?

You did see a bunch of campaign and DNC e-mails though, didn't you? Which were stolen by a foreign entity, that's a crime.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The same could be said for the Russian professor and lawyer who are not in an official capacity working for the Russian government.

Keep intelligence services and spies out of your national elections. It's basically their job to throw up a smokescreen.

No, the same could not be said for them. The professor and lawyer represented themselves as acting on behalf of the Russian government, and for all we know were absolutely doing so.

Further, there is no evidence that Hillary's campaign knew who FusionGPS was hiring to get info. I don't know if there's even any evidence that they knew they had hired FusionGPS, or what specifically they were working on.

Campaign hired American law firm, presumably to get opposition research.
American law firm hired American opposition research firm FusionGPS.
FusionGPS hired British research firm Orbis.
Orbis put Christopher Steele on the case.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
Are people forgetting already that the Russian's have had many of the sources in Steele's dossier killed (all died in suspicious accidents over a course of a few months)? Gee I wonder why.

Claiming that the dossier was collusion or "just as bad" is a bizarre take on events.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are people forgetting already that the Russian's have had many of the sources in Steele's dossier killed (all died in suspicious accidents over a course of a few months)? Gee I wonder why.

Claiming that the dossier was collusion or "just as bad" is a bizarre take on events.

I don't think that was substantiated. I thought people were just finding suspicious deaths and tying them to un-named people in the dossier.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You seem to have a really hard time grasping one basic fact. Did you hear about Steele or the dossier before you cast your vote? Obviously not because none of it was ever released, so how were you influenced?

You did see a bunch of campaign and DNC e-mails though, didn't you? Which were stolen by a foreign entity, that's a crime.
I didn't vote because I don't live in the US.
However, I do feel strongly that foreign governments and spy agencies should not meddle in domestic elections even if they do it for the 'good guys'. Because that's exactly how these things spiral out of control.
Pro-EU folks in Europe were properly pissed when Obama threw in his hat for the remain Brexit vote. After all, the 'remain' folks had a tough job convincing the pissed off electorate that they were not the lapdogs of Brussels and Washington.
And the meddling by MI6/CIA in domestic elections is still causing problems to this day. Including in Greece and Iran.

Of course they hire a whole slate of contractors and front companies to 'cover' themselves when doing this sort of "research".
If you need a story from Russia given to MI6 by the former KGB that Trump had hookers piss on a bed to 'win' an election, maybe you shouldn't be on the ballot in the first place.

Also, Steele's MI6 past is being mentioned because it makes him 'credible' but his MI6 past is removed from the narrative when people bring up the issue of collusion and or election meddling.

What the Russians did to the US (if they did all the things that are suspected at this point) is nothing short or regime change without firing a single shot.
The last thing anyone should want is a repeat of that but I'm getting the sense that some Clinton-voters are disappointed that Putin didn't help Clinton instead by releasing the infamous piss tapes and it would've been 'ok' as long as Trump didn't get elected.

TheTrinity

Oct 25, 2017
"Leaks by James B. Comey to Columbia University law professor, Daniel Richman, regarding conversations had between President Donald Trump and then-FBI Director James B. Comey, and how the leaked information was purposefully released to lead to the appointment of special counsel, Robert Mueller, a longtime friend of James B. Comey."

So this is their theory? That Comey and Mueller "colluded" (nice wording) to get the latter appointed? Somehow using the "leaks"?

Embarrassing.

This is what cracks me up. A leak? It's his own conversation and it didn't take place under any veil of secrecy. Weasel words for spin, that's good stuff.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm surprised this story didn't make more noise. ALL of the fucking GOP should be coming out and condemning this shit.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just saw a picture of that chucklefuck Roger Stone posing with this guy. The sooner Stone is in jail the better

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Silver lining here:

If they're trying to oust him with scummy tactics, they must think that this investigation is legit and heating up. They must think that Trump is endangered by this, and they're shitting their collective dumb pants.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't vote because I don't live in the US.
However, I do feel strongly that foreign governments and spy agencies should not meddle in domestic elections even if they do it for the 'good guys'. Because that's exactly how these things spiral out of control.
Pro-EU folks in Europe were properly pissed when Obama threw in his hat for the remain Brexit vote. After all, the 'remain' folks had a tough job convincing the pissed off electorate that they were not the lapdogs of Brussels and Washington.
And the meddling by MI6/CIA in domestic elections is still causing problems to this day. Including in Greece and Iran.

Of course they hire a whole slate of contractors and front companies to 'cover' themselves when doing this sort of "research".
If you need a story from Russia given to MI6 by the former KGB that Trump had hookers piss on a bed to 'win' an election, maybe you shouldn't be on the ballot in the first place.

Also, Steele's MI6 past is being mentioned because it makes him 'credible' but his MI6 past is removed from the narrative when people bring up the issue of collusion and or election meddling.

What the Russians did to the US (if they did all the things that are suspected at this point) is nothing short or regime change without firing a single shot.
The last thing anyone should want is a repeat of that but I'm getting the sense that some Clinton-voters are disappointed that Putin didn't help Clinton instead by releasing the infamous piss tapes and it would've been 'ok' as long as Trump didn't get elected.

Sorry, but everything you posted amounts to rambling nonsense when you consider the fact the dossier was never used in the election and Clinton's campaign never hacked election machines.

You have failed to make a convincing argument that intelligence gathering is somehow related to election meddling, be it foreign or domestic gathering of intelligence.

Right now, it sounds like you want outlaw intelligence gathering.