• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I say GOTG, you say...

• Breath of the Wild

Votes: 2,071 59.1%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 1,435 40.9%

• Total voters

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Skipping around in here, people liking BB more sure seem to be aggressive about it. Poll getting to y'all.

Considering that BOTW is far more accessible and has sold 4 times as many copies, I think it is highly likely that many more people have played BOTW than Bloodborne.

Considering that, it is very impressive that Bloodborne is so close in the poll and likely that Bloodborne is winning among the people who have actually played them both.....but don't let it get to you.

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
As much as I love both of them, I really feel that people obsess over them, giving them a lot more praise of what they really deserved.

Sure, the same could be said of any "great" game, but I feel it more with this two games.

My personal Game of the generation is The Witcher 3

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Where the fuck is Witcher 3? A game much better than BotW and Bloodborne. IMO that is.

Still loved those two games though. Big From and Zelda fan.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't cared to beat Bloodborne yet

Beaten Breath of the Wild twice and working on my third.

Oct 26, 2017
Considering that BOTW is far more accessible and has sold 4 times as many copies, I think it is highly likely that many more people have played BOTW than Bloodborne.

Considering that, it is very impressive that Bloodborne is so close in the poll and likely that Bloodborne is winning among the people who have actually played them both.....but don't let it get to you.
Well the latter is speculation and the former is rather irrelevant, considering that that factor didn't help The Witcher 3 beat out Bloodborne for GotY on here. Always interesting how people keep bringing that up as though it hasn't been shown that, time and time again, Era / Gaf has a much different userbase than the mainstream audience, but, oh well, anything to downplay BotW and prop up Bloodborne. We had Bayonetta 2 winning GotY on here as well, after all

Last edited:

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild for me for sure. I'd put it in my Top 5 of all time I love it so much.
God of War would be runner-up for me this gen and is definitely in my Top 10 of all time.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
BotW. I love Bloodborne, but it doesn't have the same magic as BotW, it feels like another Souls game (which is a good thing) that has a different setting, a masterful art direction and a really bad performance.

There's nothing else like BotW out there, but DkS III, DkS I, Sekiro... all of them feel quite similar to BB.

OP
OP
Sammy Samusu

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb

tumblr_mmozffL0Dp1sonquko2_400.gif

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Bloodborne is among my least favorite Souls games (ugly as shit with all that chromatic aberration, weightless and lacks true options to play) while BotW is among my favorite Zelda games ever.

I think this somehow bothers you.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Don't let what get to me?

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
You will have a lot of non-Nintendo players voting BB because they don't own a Nintendo console.

That is how it always is in the gaming world. People vote for what is on their console without even having tried the other game.

Oct 26, 2017
You will have a lot of non-Nintendo players voting BB because they don't own a Nintendo console.

That is how it always is in the gaming world. People vote for what is on their console without even having tried the other game.
Well that also applies the other way around as well. We don't need to downplay the results in either titles favor

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Well that also applies the other way around as well. We don't need to downplay the results in either titles favor
I don't disagree but I think there are a greater number of Nintendo console owners who also own other platforms. However the PS/Xbox/PC owners tend to have a greater percentage who don't own Nintendo consoles.

There are so many people on this forum who have never owned a modern Nintendo console (and have no clue how good Nintendo games are) but there are very few Nintendo owners who only game on Nintendo.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't disagree but I think there are a greater number of Nintendo console owners who also own other platforms. However the PS/Xbox/PC owners tend to have a greater percentage who don't own Nintendo consoles.

There are so many people on this forum who have never owned a modern Nintendo console (and have no clue how good Nintendo games are) but there are very few Nintendo owners who only game on Nintendo.
While there are more multiplatform Nintendo gamers than, say, for Microsoft or Sony in general, in this particular forum, that doesn't matter as much as a huge chunk of the posters here play all kinds of games across all kinds of consoles. It's how something like Bayonetta 2 can win GotY here, even though the Wii U sold like used tampons. Sales of consoles and games doesn't mean quite as much here, unless they sold practically nothing. I think most people voting for either game probably at least tried out both games

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
Neither of these options are Red Dead Redemption 2 or Rocket League.

(:

(Bloodborne by far is the better of the two, one is only a 7/10 game, ask Mr. Stirling)

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Quick look at the poll and your assertion is proved false. Also, Bloodborne will be remembered fondly for years to come because it is an awesome game.

PS. TW3 is the GOTG.
PPS. I voted for BOTW, fwiw.

The poll is on ERA and, as far as I can tell, unable to time travel 5 years into the future to poll users, so what exactly has been proven? I personally think the poll should have been BOTW vs GOW vs Witcher 3. I still would have voted the same but I agree with your PS and PPS.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
The poll is on ERA and, as far as I can tell, unable to time travel 5 years into the future to poll users, so what exactly has been proven? I personally think the poll should have been BOTW vs GOW vs Witcher 3. I still would have voted the same but I agree with your PS and PPS.

BOTW is winning by a large margin.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Um, I'm confused. I think you and I are making the same point. At least that was my intention with my initial post.

I interpreted your original statement to mean that ERA has a Bloodborne bias and as such it was leading in the poll. Hence my response. My apologies if that is not what you were trying to say.

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
BotW is amazing. Until you realize all you can find are dungeons and korok seeds.

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne is perfect.

Zelda has bad dungeon and story.

The witcher bad combat

That´s all.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still playing Bloodborne at least once a week.
I finished BotW, discovered the 120 shrines and never touched it again.and I will never come back. It was fun but the game has aged terrible for me,
I'll never forget the lack of proper dungeons.
Soooo, for me it's Bloodborne.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bloodborne is perfect.

Zelda has bad dungeon and story.

The witcher bad combat

That´s all.

Lies detected in this post ;)

Bloodbornes performance is really quite bad in many places and inconsistent through out. It's the easiest souls game i've played. but the story, world and setting is glorious! It is a genuinely amazing game but it's not BOTW levels, Sekiro has already topped BB for me.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BotW.

The Bloodborne love in this community is really surprising. I don't see it anywhere else. I honestly felt the game was pretty unremarkable. One you play one From game it feels like you've played them all.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played BotW yet. But GOW and W3 are both better than Bloodborne. Where did OP even pull these two games other than their ass, because they made with the impression that these two are for certain the only two GOTG contender when it's not the case.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These are very different games. So most will just say this or that because they like one genre more than the other.

But objectively it's easily Breath of the Wild.

Bloodborne is a good game in its genre. Breath of the Wild is a revolution and does many things never before done in gaming. BotW is in terms of game design and player freedom unparalleled. Whether you like the game or not does not matter. BotW has so many new and different aspects and throws them together to make a never before done gaming experience.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
BotW.

The Bloodborne love in this community is really surprising. I don't see it anywhere else. I honestly felt the game was pretty unremarkable. One you play one From game it feels like you've played them all.

Same counts for open world games.

Bloodborne is a good game in its genre. Breath of the Wild is a revolution and does many things never before done in gaming. BotW is in terms of game design and player freedom unparalleled. Whether you like the game or not does not matter. BotW has so many new and different aspects and throws them together to make a never before done gaming experience.

Lol.

BOTW is your first open world game?