• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
Via Emopulse:
emopulse.com

Gotham Knights Dev Started Development On New DC Game, Possibly Superman | Emopulse

Developers of Gotham Knights are working on an unannounced multiplayer title, according to a developer's profile on LinkedIn.
Last month, there were some reports, as covered by VGC, that WB Games Montreal, the studio behind the popular action-adventure game "Gotham Knights," is reportedly working on a second Superhero project.

While details about the new project are scarce, the studio will likely use its experience and expertise in developing action-adventure games to create a unique and exciting player experience.

Now Bryan Theberge, the Senior Producer at WB Games Montreal with over 5 years of experience working on Gotham Knights, just updated his LinkedIn profile that he has been working on an Unannounced Title as a Senior Producer for a month, which could be that second rumored Superhero game project.

Last edited by a moderator:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
well i hope they got a new person on the combat team to fix that stilted gotham knights gameplay

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
why do they keep sticking with the same Superhero genre?...don't they want to try something different?...same with Rocksteady, I love the Arkham games and consider them the best superhero games ever but why not branch out and try something new

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, another few years of Superman rumors... Hopefully one day we get a Superman game, bonus points if its actually good.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I like how every single time Warner starts working on a game that it's always Superman and never is.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
why do they keep sticking with the same Superhero genre?...don't they want to try something different?...same with Rocksteady, I love the Arkham games and consider them the best superhero games ever but why not branch out and try something new
Because they're owned by Warner Bros. and DC and they want them to make DC games?

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to disrespect the devs but... why couldn't Rocksteady make a Batfamily game and a Superman game :/ I really don't care about Suicide Squad as a franchise.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
Didn't they worked on a Superman game before Gotham Knights but it got canceled? Or was that Rocksteady?

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I will not get hyped for a Superman game until it's officially announced. I feel like I've been burned so many times with games and movies for supes. I hope it's true, there were a ton of in game emails from and about him so it would make sense that is next on their list.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they reject a Superman game by Rocksteady? And now they are allowing this team to work on it? Yeah idk about that.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
So they were making both Damian Wayne and Superman games?
Not that I'm aware, I think Rocksteady pitched the game at some point either before Arkham Knight or before they started working on their suicide squad game.
IIrc they were never actually "making" the Superman game, just trying to get it or something.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Good. I'm not really interested in Superman, so i'm glad Rocksteady is not working on it.

Sep 6, 2022
I don't know if I should be excited at the prospect of getting a game that finally does Superman justice,
Or worried that it is being made by the devs who made Gotham Knights.

The literal definition of a monkey's paw if I ever saw one.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Not excited. Gotham Knights is one of the most 5/10 games I ever played, like I´d score that across all aspects of the game. Good thing I bought it when it was fittingly 50% off

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to make a good Superman game

The people who made Gotham Knights can't do that

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care anymore. After Gotham Knights, and the way Suicide Squad is turning out, I want to see some new studios making DC games instead of Rocksteady and WB Montreal.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Based on gotham knights performance, that's going to be 1 slow flying superman.

Just add some speed lines like the batcycle, should be good

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Gotham Knights is a letdown, but I hope now that they've been able to cut their teeth, maybe their next game will be better, and I am always down for more AAA superhero games.