• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019

View: https://youtu.be/VSJTK8-R_sk

another odd song choice personally

have been some spoilers for the end of the game leaked today so for anyone interested be wary

I think this is the first time they themselves have posted actual 60fps gameplay footage, and it's the same trailer on each respective platforms channel

so for people like me who have been waiting for confirmation of a 60fps performance mode on console we're either gonna be really glad or really mad

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I'm looking forward to playing it during a work break at the end of the month. Keen to see the Court of Owls storyline.

Sep 6, 2022
I just need them to confirm that at least PS5 and Xbox Series X will have a 60fps mode.
If not, then this game is a hard pass.

Being locked to 30fps will make my interest for this drop faster than any bad Metacritic score.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
The trailer being in 60fps gives me some hope that we will have that mode on consoles, but I can see that totally not being the case instead lol

Going to wait for the inevitable Black Friday sale in November.

OP
OP

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
The best trailer the game has had, can't wait.

Nope, the last trailer (the PC version trailer which this is definitely running on) was in 60FPS.
ahh gotcha, do think it's a little bit stupid to have 60fps footage even on the console channels if the consoles can't do it

either way it's a launch trailer so they'll just want it looking the best it possibly can

The trailer being in 60fps gives me some hope that we will have that mode on consoles, but I can see that totally not being the case instead lol

Yeah I thought this gave it some hope but after rethinking about it I'm doubting it, it takes 5 minutes to mention and they haven't mentioned it a single time since the game was revealed, plus with the footage of an apparent console version with no graphics modes in the options it makes me seriously doubt it

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Not buying this game because of that one punk rock cover of Livin LA Vida Loca

(Just kidding, very interested to see reviews and hopefully pick it up to play with friends if good)

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
My enjoyment of Arkham games (I know it's not technically but c'mon) has declined with each entry and some stuff about this has me concerned (the crafting stuff mainly) but they always have a solid baseline quality.

The price is rough but If I can find it for reasonably cheap I'll probably give it a go and likely have some fun with it.

Not buying this game because of that one punk rock cover of Livin LA Vida Loca

(Just kidding, very interested to see reviews and hopefully pick it up to play with friends if good)
When I heard it my jaw snapped open like a Ringu victim, my ears asploded, a man came in to yell at my cat and I had to sprint into the other room and load up Arkham Asylum to forget etc. etc. etc.

Honestly, The Vida Loca clip sold me more on it than footage of some broody boys punching people.

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019

Has me pretty worried also. None of the previews have even mentioned anything about performance or options. Unless I missed something. Only thing I saw mentioned I think in a Jorraptor video is that Raytracing will be featured. So...maybe they will just have one locked 30fps mode for consoles.

It's not looking good for 60fps on consoles.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
WB Games Montreal, please just confirm if this game is 60fps on consoles or not so that every page of every Gotham Knights thread isn't just the same shit on repeat till launch day.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
My enjoyment of Arkham games (I know it's not technically but c'mon) has declined with each entry and some stuff about this has me concerned (the crafting stuff mainly) but they always have a solid baseline quality.

The price is rough but If I can find it for reasonably cheap I'll probably give it a go and likely have some fun with it.

When I heard it my jaw snapped open like a Ringu victim, my ears asploded, a man came in to yell at my cat and I had to sprint into the other room and load up Arkham Asylum to forget etc. etc. etc.

Honestly, The Vida Loca clip sold me more on it than footage of some broody boys punching people.

This is not an Arkham game

OP
OP

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
WB Games Montreal, please just confirm if this game is 60fps on consoles or not so that every page of every Gotham Knights thread isn't just the same shit on repeat till launch day.
I will be repeating it until they confirm or deconfirm it

no need to be completely silent about it at all from them

also for anyone interested I did notice a little snippet that mentioned a certain Catherine Kane on a news cast, so either they've changed it from Katherine or it's a completely different character with practically the same name

apparently she is the GCPD commissioner with Gordon dead

Oct 25, 2017
Good trailer.

Going to play coop with my fiancé day 1.

I was originally going to wait until we knew if consoles had 60fps, but if it's a smooth 4K 30 with RT I'm good with that. I'd rather just play this on the couch instead of a monitor or go through setting the PC up to the TV.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually liked that trailer. The game doesn't look incredible or anything but it's been a minute since I've been able to punch baddies in Gotham so I'm still down to check it out.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game still looks off to me, maybe its just how long it been in development but I remember it being really visually impressive when they first announced it, but it really doesn't look anything special at this point. The lack of visual progress graphically outside of a couple of PS5 games this gen has been really disappointing so far.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Probably pick this up around Black Friday. Made this mistake before buying games in late October and then they are 30%+ off after a couple of weeks.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Am I dumb and out of touch or does this game feel like it'd be better suited as a GAAS/F2P game? Just feels like the whole approach and marketing for this game doesn't really...fit.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Am I dumb and out of touch or does this game feel like it'd be better suited as a GAAS/F2P game? Just feels like the whole approach and marketing for this game doesn't really...fit.

GAAS? F2P?

It's an open world action RPG with co-op; it's not Arkham, never been and never supposed to be.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Isn't it Destiny-esque in that sense? Or do I just not understand what this game is? I thought it was like...an alive world that you go at with friends.

No.

It's a classic open world RPG title with drop-in and drop-out co-op like the Dying Light games.

It's not a living world and co-op is limited to just two players.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Just a warning to anyone who cares about spoilers, they're out there now.

Sep 6, 2022
It's looks like a different game at 60fps. I hope xsx and ps5 have a 1440 60fps mode
If they can afford to run the game at full 4K with raytracing.
They can afford to knock the resolution down to like 1440p and remove the raytracing in order to double the framerate.

If there is still no 60fps, then the devs didn't prioritize it for their game.
Which is fine, it just means people like me won't be interested in picking up this game.

Nov 28, 2017
Soooo, is there a spoiler thread for this game, since the endgame spoilers are already out and passed around on social media?

Edit - worded the spoiler kinda spoilery...

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got my eyes out for impressions from other Era users on this one. Showcases haven't done anything for me but I love the idea of this game and its characters.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
If they can afford to run the game at full 4K with raytracing.
They can afford to knock the resolution down to like 1440p and remove the raytracing in order to double the framerate.

If there is still no 60fps, then the devs didn't prioritize it for their game.
Which is fine, it just means people like me won't be interested in picking up this game.

I dont think they ever told us if consoles will hay raytracing etc.

Sep 6, 2022
I dont think they ever told us if consoles will hay raytracing etc.
There is no way they release this game locked to 30fps with no raytracing as well on current-gen console.
The backlash would be hilarious.

Might as well make it for PS4 and Xbox One at that point, since they are not taking advantage of the hardware at all.

Edit: well according to pikachuizgod it has been confirmed to have raytracing on console atleast.