• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
As long as it is a complete locked 30 FPS at all times with no stutters then it is completely fine for this kind of game.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can believe the reason but that still seems quite unfortunate. Also not entirely sure if this is the kind of game that really needs untethered coop?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but this seems like an entirely horseshit response.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they are going to do this then MAYBE the game shouldn't be 70 friggin bucks on console.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Is this at 4k? If so, we need to accept that 4k is a gen too early for consoles. We haven't even really started and we're seeing 30FPS creep back?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
for those wondering, the game has RT on by default with no way to turn it off on console. that's why it "has" to run at 30fps.

Sep 6, 2022
The game HAS to be NATIVE 4K.
It also HAS to have Raytracing on.

These 2 things are non-negotiable according to the devs 😃

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Won't pretend I was gonna get it either way, but oof at the thought of paying $70 for this

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh what.

In 2022. When basically every game offers 60 FPS by default or has the option to.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I would accept this if we had Bethesda like world interaction where everything in that environment can be displaced or knocked about and it remembers it. But I highly doubt that will be the case.

Instead we will have miniscule RT effects only noticable via 300% zoomed in comparison shots and completely lost in motion.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The min requirement on PC is a 1660ti, which they say will run the game at 1080p60 on low settings. The GPUs in the consoles are a lot better. Stands to reason they should be able to at least match that.

At least add an uncapped VRR option. Kind of unfortunate.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a hard enough time going back to 60fps games in some instances with so many recent games having decent 120fps options out there on consoles now. Downright laughable that they expect people to cough up $70 for this shit and then don't even give them any options to adjust their experience.

This 100% sounds like some stupid edict from some moneyman at WB. I'm sure the developers are aware its horseshit as well but they probably have their hands tied on this one if their higher ups are pushing for 4k no matter what.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
images

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
If it's smooth it wouldn't be a huge deal to me personally. I'm buying like maybe 2 full price games this gen and by the time I buy this at like 19.99 it will probably have it.

*insert fiery reactions from people who weren't going to buy it full price if it was 60*

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
I wonder what the minimum specs are for the PC version to run at 60fps. Ain't no way a game looking like this can't run at 60fps on a lower resolution.

The good news is that I've seen this news posted in every discord server I'm in. They're getting a lot of shit for this. This basically guarantees a 60fps patch down the line lmao. I'll probably get it then as it will be on one of the subscription services and/or cheap.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Current gen only and they can't even offer at the very least a 1080p/60 FPS mode? The game doesn't even look particularly impressive anyways so it's just weird.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing I saw from it screamed "visually demanding" to warrant the old tried and true chugging along framerate. We were really getting away from that on consoles.

Feels like everything about this game that they've said and shown has missed the mark in some way. If it wasn't associated with the Batman brand, this is a peak bomba title.

Sep 6, 2022
The fact that they were avoiding the question and now had to put out a statement like this.
I guarantee you, that if a performance mode was low on the list of priority features for this game, it just shot straight to the top.

People voicing their disappointment with this and cancelling their preorders just made this a top priority for the devs.
I look forward to them explaining how it suddenly became "possible" after they just told us it was not.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The fact that they were avoiding the question and now had to put out a statement like this.
I guarantee you, that if a performance mode was low on the list of priority features for this game, it just shot straight to the top.

People voicing their disappointment with this and cancelling their preorders just made this a top priority for the devs.
I look forward to them explaining how it suddenly became "possible" after they just told us it was not.
2 years in. People are starting to expect a 60fps option like standard

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's 2022 and you even canceled the last gen version yet you can't get this running at 1440p 60fps on PS5 or Series X? Hard pass.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wonder if this will be the turning point of the generation where 60fps is largely abandoned for single player games.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm kinda curious how bad PC performance will be in online coop especially... 🤔