• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
DX3grvmVAAAdXHn

Hey y'all, potentially exciting things are happening today in the world of Sonic the Hedgehog.

What's going on?

SEGA are once again having a Sonic panel at South by Southwest, for announcements and whatnot regarding the blue blur.

When is it happening?

Well, if you're in the US, it'll be starting at 3:30 PM CDT/4:30 PM EST/1:30 PM PST.
Just convert one of those times into Google and it should give you the proper time zone for your area. The panel should go for about an hour.

What can we expect to see?

SEGA have already promised a "Look into the future of Sonic". So there will certainly be a game announced. It's likely to be a new Sonic Racing game, this time starring the full cast of Sonic and his friends, as was leaked previously:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...xclusively-focused-on-sonic-characters.23646/

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5646672
Salrromano just got an email from SEGA confirming that "Multiple projects" will be announced.

Will it be streamed?

Yes! Sonic news website, TSSZ News will be streaming and covering the panel live on their Twitch channel at Twitch.tv/Tssznews starting at 3:30 PM EST.

Last edited:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pls let the rumour of the new racing game just being Sonic and his band of misfit mascots be fake.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I'm absolutely crushed that new Sonic Racing won't be SEGA Kart, I have faith in Sumo to deliver a great racing game regardless.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
A new classic Sonic game (Basically Mania 2) made by the Taxman etc would be very welcome.... Any kind of hint that this is thing.....

Beyond that meh...

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Expectation: Sonic Mania 2

Reality: DLC for Sonic Mania / Sonic Racing 3

Reality in your face: I hope not but who knows if:

3a0.gif

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please, if the Sumo racing game is Sonic only don't be an asshat and shit up the thread for the rest of us that just want to enjoy a non-Mario kart racing game. You've had enough time for this news to settle in.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking this as a reminder that I need to get around to finishing Mania at some point.

I hope we do see the new kart racer today. SASRT was rad as hell.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please, if the Sumo racing game is Sonic only don't be an asshat and shit up the thread for the rest of us that just want to enjoy a non-Mario kart racing game. You've had enough time for this news to settle in.
I mean we obviously don't want drive-bys but the official announcement of something disappointing you seems like a weird thing to want to censor.

Deleted member 37342

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
I expect to see something Mania related, and maybe a look at the movie that will bring forth the apocalypse.

They can also make amends for Chaos' lack of involvement in Forces by announcing Chao in Space 2: Perfect Chaos Strikes Back.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Not exactly sure where to ask this but has anyone been to SXSW? Koji Igarashi has a panel as well. Do you think the odds are good for presenters to do autographs/photos after the panel?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Show Sonic Team the door.
Get the Sonic Mania team on full time.

Jobs a good un.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here for the tears of joy when Sonic Mania DLC is announced

and the tears of anger and sadness that comes when its just Sonic and his cornball friends(and Big) instead of Sketch Turner and Daytona Car

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm coming to this thread for the new Sonic racer (hopefully), but I'm staying for the countless awkward moments!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
UzhX6tY.gif

(Credit to BlastProcessing)

Alright, let's get to it. If we at least get IDW comic news, that meets my base expectations.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I truly hope that there's either just Sonic forces DLC or that Shadow and the other friends get added to Mania.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
While I am sad about the SEGA characters likely not being in this time around, I'm down for Sonic Kart if the game is as good.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting more from "the future of Sonic" than a bit of DLC and a racing spinoff. I really hope we get confirmation that Mania 2 is a thing that's being made

Oct 28, 2017
Big Apple 3AM
I don't know man, I feel more interested as in, "What will they do with Sonic?" now than actually looking forward to the next game. The past six years has been dripping with hot disappointment. The worst part of it being that these weren't unknown/surprise level of disappointments, this was writing on the walls level. I just hope Kishimoto isn't directing anything and the Colors Team isn't handling anything. If it's not better than Sonic Unleashed, just throw the whole damn game away.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here for Sonic Drift 3 trailer, Mania 2 teaser and physical Mania 1 available RIGHT NOW

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Big the fucking Cat or riot.

no but seriously I'm hype for a new Sonic Racing game, maybe a teaser image for the Sonic movie. Anything else will be icing on the cake.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dare I dream for a Sonic the Fighters 2? Or any new kind of Sonic spin off that isn't a racer?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sumo's SEGA racing games are as fun/if not more fun than Mario Kart, anyone dismissing it are missing out. I'll take it over a 3D Sonic, another one so soon will just prove to be more of last years crap

Oct 28, 2017
Big Apple 3AM

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 1/2/CD taxman on switch
Sonic 3 & Knuckles taxman port
Sonic Mania physical
new taxman sonic game

would be happy with any of the above

FracturedGoat

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I wonder if the new Sonic Racing will feature the new xbox avatars for it's X1 release.

Oct 28, 2017
Big Apple 3AM
Honestly considering what happened when Colors beat Sonic 4, and now that Mania has beaten Forces, it could mean the resurgence of the Genesis era. Which I'm sure I can expect fun titles (I loved Mania.) But I'm not excited for in the least.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, if all we get today is literally memes and Mania DLC, I'm gonna be sooooooooooooooooooo disappointed. My kingdom for a Forces expansion/sequel...

I dug Forces as much as you but personally, after four Boost formula games, I wouldn't mind if they, uh... went on an "adventure" to find a new idea for the next mainline game...