• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Good Morning, SonicERA! Once again, exciting things are potentially happening in the world of Sonic The Hedgehog:

Q: What's happening?

As before, SEGA of America are having a Sonic panel at South by Southwest 2019 in Austin, Texas, hosted by Aaron Webber. As with the previous years, they'll be giving us a look at "Sonic's next steps in 2019 and beyond".

Q: When is it happening?

A: If you're in the US (Texas), it'll be starting at 1PM CST, and should run for about an hour.

Here's some other times for Americans:
2PM EST
11AM PDT
8AM HST

Some times for our European friends as well:
6pm GMT
7pm CET

I also went and made a countdown:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...+The+SXSW+Sonic+Panel+2019&font=cursive&csz=1

A: As for anyone outside of the US, just convert one of those times into Google using your time zone and you should get the appropriate time.

Q: What can we expect to see?

A: Well, as is tradition at this point, we've gotten major announcements from these panels the last two years. Last year saw the announcement of Sonic Mania Plus and a tease of what what would come to be Team Sonic Racing. With SEGA promising a look into beyond 2019, connect the dots, friends. We've also been promised a brand new look at Team Sonic Racing, and there's sure to be a lot of news on the Sonic movie, the first trailer might even drop here, so stay tuned.

Q: Will it be livestreamed?

A: Yes indeed! SXSW Gaming will be doing an official livestream on their Twitch page:
https://www.twitch.tv/sxswgaming

TSSZNews and Tails Channel will be doing streams before, during and after the panel, covering all of the news right as it happens:

TailsChannel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUNYWmlvdPYcFlrs3a1EfPg

TSSZNews:
https://m.twitch.tv/tssznews/profile

It goes without saying, but please keep the thread friendly, drama-free, and most importantly, have fun! We might be in for some real treats here very soon :)

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me rn

InfantileImpressiveAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a kind soul here who can PM me the vod when it's over since i can't watch it live and don't want any "spoilers"?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hopefully they'll properly stream it this time. Last year's was better than 2017's but it still felt very unprofessional.

If they announce the new Sonic game, hopefully they'll show some gameplay snippets too.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember this event being a general waste of time last year outside of Mania stuff. Sonic Plus was there and the whole Winter 2018, JK summer fun they tried to have felt so flat.

I guess they have more to work with/announce this year but I'll catch up after instead of watching.

Oct 25, 2017
It's in like two hours, I think?
The 2016 one had a reveal for a new 3D game and Mania, but the show itself was really bad.

This year will probably just be the movie trailer and a racing trailer?
Will probably miss it live, tho

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still stung for last years (?) limp teaser for Sonic Racing that basically told us all nothing, I guess it only go up from there if they reveal a new game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I honestly wouldnt mind a master system classics collection ala sonic genesis collection announced.
There are some neat 8 bit games on the master system/game gear that id like releases in a compilation.

Oct 28, 2017
The Q&A is gonna be a shitshow of people asking questions they can't answer like "when's the SA1 remake?" and "when's Mania 2?"

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Another giant Sonic compilation of old Sonic games similar to the Sonic Mega Collection but with Dreamcast-era games would be great. SEGA already does something like that for Genesis games (with shoddy emulation quality). Why not give Sonic the same treatment?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the reactions If I'm totally honest lol

TSR let's go!

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Still not expecting anything new. If they had a new game, they'd have teased it.

Excited for the Sonic movie trailer, which will definitely make the movie look good and prove everyone wrong