• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go listen to Big K.R.I.T. double-disc album 4EVA Is A Mighty Long Time. Don't know him? My dude is a GOAT rapper, underrated, and consistent as fuck. Are you one of those who think Kendrick is the only legend in recent years? KRIT can keep up and outmatch him, no question (Check). If you like Southern shit — the type of shit to listen in the car with the speakers blasting— like UGK, T.I., Outkast, etc., you owe yourself to give this a listen.

These are the singles:

Keep the Devil Off Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWL7nM_Dig
Confetti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crsu7xe3cF0
Aux Cord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA_C9fhNeuY

Link to the album, with snippets:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/4eva-is-a-mighty-long-time/id1291119038

big-krit-4eva-is-a-mightly-long-time-1507309598-1024x512.jpg

Tracklist:

Disc 1

1. Big K.R.I.T.
2. Confetti
3. Big Bank f. T.I.
4. Subenstein (My Sub IV)
5. 1999 f. Lloyd
6. Ride Wit Me f. UGK
7. Get Up 2 Come Down f. CeeLo & Sleepy Brown
8. Layup
9. Classic Interlude
10. Aux Cord
11. Get Away

Disc 2
1. Justin Scott
2. Mixed Messages
3. Keep The Devil Off
4. Miss Georgia Fornia f. Joi
5. Everlasting
6. Higher Calling f. Jill Scott
7. Weekend Interlude
8. Price of Fame
9. Drinking Sessions f. Keyon Harrold
10. The Light f. Bilal, Robert Glasper Jr., Kenneth Whalum & Burniss Earl Travis II
11. Bury Me In Gold

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
on my second listen

album is real good. for a double album it doesn't feel bloated at all. only song that didn't really hit with me was layup but it wasn't bad. the second half of subenstein is catchy as hell.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
my friend texted me this morning that big krits album dropped, i thought a text got stuck in the waves for 2 years

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
no one is putting a double album as aoty and no one knows who big krit is anymore.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
no one is putting a double album as aoty and no one knows who big krit is anymore.

My wheels my sub my wheels my sub I put that on my sub my wheels my sub my wheels my sub my wheels my wheels

a double album of that? Lol hopefully not. Loved returnof4eva but man fell off pretty hard since. Hopefully this is decent but I'm gonna need a list of the good tracks here.

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wheels my sub my wheels my sub I put that on my sub my wheels my sub my wheels my sub my wheels my wheels

a double album of that? Lol hopefully not. Loved returnof4eva but man fell off pretty hard since. Hopefully this is decent but I'm gonna need a list of the good tracks here.

Literally posted on the OP lmao. Read before commenting people. Is not hard, is it?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Uh no? I meant anybody who heard the album wanna post what they think are the best tracks in there. Not snippets of the whole thing or the singles

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is this day?

Mario, Wolfenstein, Ass Creed
Stranger Things
Fever Ray, KRIT

I can't keep up!

wenis

Oct 25, 2017

ah that lyrical mastery. I remember when dude was getting gassed up like he was gunna pop right behind K.Dot as the next big thing. Good delusional times.

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ah that lyrical mastery. I remember when dude was getting gassed up like he was gunna pop right behind K.Dot as the next big thing. Good delusional times.

Sounds like the opinion of someone who's really ignorant and doesn't know shit. You want me to post 50 highly lyrical tracks right now that don't have any of that? Of course no, because I'd expose your ignorance lol

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the opinion of someone who's really ignorant and doesn't know shit. You want me to post 50 highly lyrical tracks right now that don't have any of that? Of course no, because I'd expose your ignorance lol

ah yes, exposing my ignorance or you can calm down about someone not liking what you like. its not the end of the world.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
It's a moral duty to get rid of ignorance. Chill bruv, I'm trying to help you. Google KRITs Saturday = Celebrations to feed your soul.

believe it or not, I was an avid fan of his from wuz here through live from, then i heard cadillactica and didn't notice any growth or upswing. he just rode that lane and stuck to it. no shame in it. killer mike did it for decades and he finally shifted just a few years ago and went to the moon, but krit hasn't shown any signs of that. not for me. ive listened to this album this morning. its fine. on par with his last record, good to fine and didn't move the needle for me. im hard on him because i care. he coulda been so much more.

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
believe it or not, I was an avid fan of his from wuz here through live from, then i heard cadillactica and didn't notice any growth or upswing. he just rode that lane and stuck to it. no shame in it. killer mike did it for decades and he finally shifted just a few years ago and went to the moon, but krit hasn't shown any signs of that. not for me. ive listened to this album this morning. its fine. on par with his last record, good to fine and didn't move the needle for me. im hard on him because i care. he coulda been so much more.

Yeahhhhh, no. Let's say that you did hear Cadillactica. Calling that "no growth" is ridiculous. Life, Third Eye, the afore mentioned Saturdays = Celebrations..... Songs like those, of which he has dozens more, leave most rappers biting dust. It's a fantastic concept album.

Oct 27, 2017
This album is alright, it's not AOTY though, especially with Lando Chill's album out there.

I agree on his growth as an artist and there definitely is a nice diverse group of songs on here. That being said, it is still kind of exactly what you'd expect from K.R.I.T. There isn't anything on here that I haven't heard from him before.

Will still bump and may possibly change my opinion later though.

Typhest

Oct 26, 2017
Also what I thought when I saw the thread title, haha.
Truth.

This album is alright, it's not AOTY though, especially with Lando Chill's album out there.

I agree on his growth as an artist and there definitely is a nice diverse group of songs on here. That being said, it is still kind of exactly what you'd expect from K.R.I.T. There isn't anything on here that I haven't heard from him before.

Yeah - I agree. I think it's an awesome album. After my first listen it could be his best or close to, it's just not AOTY for me.

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bump that shit at max volume. I did that on my second listen and I fell in love. And this will keep growing.

brightsons

Oct 25, 2017
Huge Krit fan and while this isn't AOTY for me, its really dope and there isn't really any filler on it for being a double album.
Will definitely be bumping this for a while.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
so Krit is supposed to be lame these days I guess, but even though the dude hasn't been releasing 10/10 albums I still think he's cool.

Including this album, this has some good fuckin tracks on it.

i'll be honest though, I'm still just a sucker for the style and there's a part of me that just wants to rep southern hip-hop like this.

and yes, there is one song about his subs.

OP
OP
Realeza

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so Krit is supposed to be lame these days I guess, but even though the dude hasn't been releasing 10/10 albums I still think he's cool.

Including this album, this has some good fuckin tracks on it.

i'll be honest though, I'm still just a sucker for the style and there's a part of me that just wants to rep southern hip-hop like this.

and yes, there is one song about his subs.

KRIT is da GOAT.