• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some users really cant accept that Horizon is critically acclaimed lol

yeah it's weird. I've seen the "Horizon was robbed" sentiment a lot and I'm just like wait what? it came in a definitive second place to possibly one of the best games ever made in a year with critical darlings like Mario Odyssey and Nier. Horizon did extremely well at year end, better than I would have expected.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh man lol.

Whenever I read these anti-Horizon posts it's like people are offended that others like a game that they didn't and they're trying to make others feel how they felt lol.
Let's not pretend like this only applies to Horizon lol. You'll find posts in this very thread where people are doing the same to Zelda.

I feel like there's some completely false narrative still implanted in people's heads that there's a big bunch of Zelda fans going after Horizon non stop and it's just not true.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All this thread has done is make me sad that I stopped both Zelda and Horizon halfway through because life got in the way. I want to play them both again but I don't remember what I'm doing and new files seem like such a timesink!

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh man lol.

Whenever I read these anti-Horizon posts it's like people are offended that others like a game that they didn't and they're trying to make others feel how they felt lol.

GotY discussions in a nutshell

don't go in the GotY thread if that type of stuff bothers you. whew lawd all the salt about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 making top 10. people literally wanted to change how the votes were tallied because their favorites didn't win.

in short people put too much importance behind year end awards

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not pretend like this only applies to Horizon lol. You'll find posts in this very thread where people are doing the same to Zelda.

I feel like there's some completely false narrative still implanted in people's heads that there's a big bunch of Zelda fans going after Horizon non stop and it's just not true.

Confirmation bias. Both games are blasted on the regular.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
GotY discussions in a nutshell

don't go in the GotY thread if that type of stuff bothers you. whew lawd all the salt about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 making top 10. people literally wanted to change how the votes were tallied because their favorites didn't win.

in short people put too much importance behind year end awards
I voted for ride to hell retribution, it won nothing =(

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the fact that sites X, Y, and Z weren't counted this year, but were in Witcher's year, really shows how much better of a game it is than Zelda, which couldn't even will enough awards into existence.

Yeah it's hard to forget how bad it plays...
Seriously now, there's little point in discuss which game winned more GOTYs or even the percentage, because every year has different competition.
The real metric is how influential will this games become during the next years.

I'm a "gameplay-first" kind of gamer, and it was long since the last time my personal GOTY is also the most voted by the critics, so I'm kind of happy that a game that's focused on gameplay instead of story and graphics can be still well recieved as the greatest of the year in 2017.

Is this the part where we post salt memes? I'm a bit old for that kind of stuff, not sure how it works exactly.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I'm just happy to see Persona and Nier get recognition.

Love Zelda but seeing more niche titles get praise is always nice.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Congrats to BotW... started the game a few days ago and it's impressive the freedom you have to explore the vast world of Hyrule...

BTW, It's a shame that almost 100 outlets dissapear in less than a year... the question is, for 2018, how many outlets will remain for the end of the year?...

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the part where we post salt memes? I'm a bit old for that kind of stuff, not sure how it works exactly.
The percentage won is slightly higher for Witcher 3; use that, it's at least consistent from year to year. If pointing out you're using a terrible metric by which to measure is salty, then sure, post away.