• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

Crafty members of the community have been digging through the game's files and found all those discarded classics. What's more, GT3 tracks are in there too, and even the PS1-era Pikes Peak track!

[...]

The method to experience these tracks is what we'll call… "unofficial". To boil it down, it involves tricking the game into thinking it's loading one track, when it's actually loading one of the hidden circuits. With the GT5 online servers switching off years ago, this doesn't hurt any players, but does allow for fans to experience old tracks with cars they've never been able to before.

Gran-Turismo-5-New-York-Rain.png

also, bridal cars :

Gran-Turismo-5-Wedding-Cars-800x341.png

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it was meant to be DLC and they never bothered? Testing purposes? So much content just locked away for unclear reasons. Is there a website or subreddit dedicated to this kind of stuff?

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it was meant to be DLC and they never bothered? Testing purposes? So much content just locked away for unclear reasons. Is there a website or subreddit dedicated to this kind of stuff?
Who knows, but there were leftover tracks in the PSP game too. Their first showing of the PS3 game was a port of GT4 tracks which we never saw in the game either.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

the link has more information and a link to the thread where these are found.

also, the article says that PD was to port GT4 to PS3 before doing GT HD and then GT5 that took years, hence probably why all these PSP and PS2 assets are ported to the GT5 engine

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
any mention of the livery editor? It was long rumored they were trying to get it to work back then, 512mb split ram was the problem.
These tracks though... PLEASE PD... We want Seattle Circuit and others in GT Sport.
I know there's a heavy focus on real world tracks and all.. but us longtime fans want the classic tracks back.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I still remember every turn of the Seattle Circuit, lol.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. The best part of Sport is how they got rid of the shitty models from previous gens.
I mean they can add them into their own separate modes like the moon buggy level in GT6. Have a set of races called "Nostalgia" and keep them there as a bonus in single player.

Those that don't like them can just ignore them.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
They did have a trailer of Seattle for GT6 that was remade but it never released. Probably will in some future GT.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Seattle but the jumps were a bit silly. Remake it without them and we are talking.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is an amazing discovery. Lots of tracks are in various stages of implementation, but an incredible amount works.
Seems most tracks were dummied out of the game in v2.00, but are all still present in v1.13.
So many great tracks that deserve a spot in a new GT game.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That's a fantastic discovery, I love it when people find stuff like this. :)

Wasn't there a quote from the series director (I forget his name) that was quite recent saying something to the affect of "We'll be looking at the series past, present and future in our next game". This quote's a little conflated and having a bit of difficulty finding it.

Nostaglia Courses in long running racing games are something I love, and while sometimes certain trademarks on the tracks can get in the way for the made up courses they should always bring them back if they can. Its great seeing something familiar get utterly revamped and look freaking awesome.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Unused Gran Turismo content is fucking wild.

There was a straight up debug code left in 5 Concept by mistake, the same code works in HD concept as well. It wasn't until the proper version of 5 was released that they finally deactivated the cheat.

2 had a Drag Racing mode that was removed so late in development, that it made the game impossible to 100% complete.
GT2-Drag_Race.png

The "concept" versions in general are a complete mess in terms of how they were released. But that's worthy of another post.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Man I absolutely loved that New York track. Did they ever bring it back officially to any GT?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of heartbreaking - one of my main complaints with the GT series is the aggressive pruning of great tracks that's happened over the years. It'd be so great to see them having maintained and built out the entire staple - Tahiti Maze, Trial Mountain, Seattle, Grand Canyon etc.

TheAdmiester

Mar 1, 2018
Unused Gran Turismo content is fucking wild.

There was a straight up debug code left in 5 Concept by mistake, the same code works in HD concept as well. It wasn't until the proper version of 5 was released that they finally deactivated the cheat.

2 had a Drag Racing mode that was removed so late in development, that it made the game impossible to 100% complete.
GT2-Drag_Race.png

The "concept" versions in general are a complete mess in terms of how they were released. But that's worthy of another post.
That menu is still in GT5, it's just the button combo that was disabled. A modded save can access it still.

Also, the news of this has spread like wildfire, glad it's bringing back some interest in the game. Could lead to more discoveries if people with the right knowledge discover us and take interest.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully somebody releases a selection of modded saves with the tracks, iirc, you could swap the track codes in decrypted GT5 / GT6 saves.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I miss the Seatle track in GT3. While I love GT Sport, I do wish they had included more legacy content.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
That menu is still in GT5, it's just the button combo that was disabled. A modded save can access it still.
I've heard about the debug menu being accessible in GT5P, but this is the first time I've heard of it being available in the main game.

Any idea where one can find and use that save? Would be fun to check out GT5 again, especially with custom opponents enabled.

May 18, 2018
Kind of heartbreaking - one of my main complaints with the GT series is the aggressive pruning of great tracks that's happened over the years. It'd be so great to see them having maintained and built out the entire staple - Tahiti Maze, Trial Mountain, Seattle, Grand Canyon etc.
Fake tracks best tracks. I hope they're working on these.
Man, I miss the Seatle track in GT3. While I love GT Sport, I do wish they had included more legacy content.

I so wish they add these brilliant tracks updated in the future. GT deserves this.

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this for the camera editor hidden in GT5 and GT6.

PS3 Artemis codes for GT6 1.22:

Custom Camera (external)

0 423A821B 21

Custom Camera (internal)

0 423A821B 23

Remember the motion blur Polyphony removed from the replay gameplay cams in 1.02? Well, now you can use it during gamplay:

Motion Blur enabler
0 423A821B 22

granturismo6_830kuz.jpg

granturismo6_7d0k7q.jpg