• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Polyphony seems to have messed up and uploaded the patch notes for the upcoming update early:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/guaguuu4616/status/1640674070290374656

Machine translation but it's easy to see what they mean:

- 5 new cars (already announced)
- Nurburgring Endurance layouts
- A few new events
- 2 new extra menus
- Adjusted times for Missions, Licenses and Circuit Experiences to reflect the physics changes
- 120hz + VRR support (It's unclear, but I'm guessing it won't be a 120FPS mode and just unlocked performance for the regular mode)

Physics changes:

View: https://twitter.com/ShareGamePlay/status/1640701530494959616?t=BX7IZN7rmkFEVXMZxSaWeg&s=19

New 2023 Super Formula cars in next update:

c91a7850-fdf1-4a7e-8860-ff2338caf6c9-jpeg.png

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Again, I don't think it will be a proper 120FPS mode, just a "run as high as it can" mode. The game is super stable frameratewise tho so probably 80-90FPS for most situations?
That's perfectly fine with me lol. As long as they uncap it the game will feel way smoother which is awesome for a racing game.

Oct 30, 2017
Again, I don't think it will be a proper 120FPS mode, just a "run as high as it can" mode. The game is super stable frameratewise tho so probably 80-90FPS for most situations?
Awesome. GT7 finally getting VRR then. It should still provide some tangible benefits. And then a PS6 should be locking the game at 120 in the future which is wonderful.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Have they just been locked in lobbies? It's interesting that it would be mentioned if it's always been there.
Oh didn't realize it was in the patch notes lol. The keyboard replay / spectator features in GT Sport were removed on GT7 so it might be that again though yeah could totally be hinting towards a PC port.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
what's the cheapest vrr monitor or tv that I can buy?

Make sure you make damn sure that any monitor/TV works with PS5 VRR. I have a VRR 144Hz monitor that works happily with 120fps/VRR on my Series S but PS5 won't recognise it so it's stuck at 60fps with no VRR.

There's a long ass list of monitors that don't work with PS5 VRR here, and should be a good list of ones that do :)

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Implement FSR2. 2 and bump performance even further. Native 4K is insanely expensive, 1440p to 4k via FSR2 quality mode probably give it sizable performance uplift even FSR2. 2 has performance cost. Or implement DSR+FSR2 and set min fps target to 90fps. This can probably open the option for RT in game with FSR2 performance uplift.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Implement FSR2. 2 and bump performance even further. Native 4K is insanely expensive, 1440p to 4k via FSR2 quality mode probably give it sizable performance uplift even FSR2. 2 has performance cost. Or implement DSR+FSR2 and set min fps target to 90fps. This can probably open the option for RT in game with FSR2 performance uplift.
It doesnt work for this kind of game where you need as much visual fidelity as possible esp at a distance. It's better that its native. Makes no sense to have reconstruction for this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
A year later and they're still pumping out updates. I know they'll be ramping down at some point (and hopefully moving on to a PC version and Gran Turismo 8) but PD's post-launch support has been pretty great.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh didn't realize it was in the patch notes lol. The keyboard replay / spectator features in GT Sport were removed on GT7 so it might be that again though yeah could totally be hinting towards a PC port.
While it's no guarantee it was on the nVidia leak so all of this is coming together. The game has now passed the 1yr mark so if a port does happen it can get announced this year for release next year.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Make sure you make damn sure that any monitor/TV works with PS5 VRR. I have a VRR 144Hz monitor that works happily with 120fps/VRR on my Series S but PS5 won't recognise it so it's stuck at 60fps with no VRR.

There's a long ass list of monitors that don't work with PS5 VRR here, and should be a good list of ones that do :)

Yeah this is the most annoying thing about the PS5. My monitor has 48-60 freesync range so not the best thing ever but it would help to smooth out small drops if they just supported Freesync.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Noice. The new Super Formulas are a welcome addition.

I'm a bit worried about the license tests time changes. I have been first in my friends list since launch and I'm not keen on doing everything again. Specially that gorgeous death trap around Spa.

gibby

Jul 15, 2022
Excellent. Already have my PS5 hooked up to my high frame rate monitor. Gonna dive back in when it drops!

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
It doesnt work for this kind of game where you need as much visual fidelity as possible esp at a distance. It's better that its native. Makes no sense to have reconstruction for this game.
Forza horizon 5 works well for me and same with need for speed unbound. But they are different tyoe of racing game though I still dont think its an issue for GT. FSR2 quality mode to 4k internal res is 1440p, which is already a high base line to begin with.

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
120hz is absolutely awesome but I can't go back from using the VR mode.

There is a chance that some engine upgrades to get this underway will also maybe allow some better frames on VR mode, but that is very wishful thinking.

Interesting to see them actually changing the license, trials times because they did not do this for the previous changes and many challenges were made much easier with some changes.

Dupr Dog

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2022
As the owner of a VRR tv this unlocked frame rate mode is very intriguing.

Don't see it mentioned in the PS5 patch notes though…..

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet physic changes really am loving the state of the didn't think it was gel with so much after the last two sequels.

Can't wait to get in to VR this summer when I get more time.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get an event to go with those Super Formula cars please Polyphony?

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
I'll try it out but I can't see myself sticking around when the economy in the game is still pretty bad

There's like 2-4 viable races to getting a decent chunk of credits and to get one of the Legends cars it takes like 14 hours of purely grinding those races and its just unfathomably unfair

I mean don't get me wrong I greatly enjoy the driving model and etc in the game but there needs to be more viable races and tracks

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Hope these improvements can improve performance in VR somehow, already have no complaints but hey if they can make it even better I'm not going to say no.