• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
A professional racing cockpit manufacturer based in Australia seems to have confirmed than Gran Turismo 7 will be be out this year this year which means it could be one of Sony's big launch titles for PlayStation 5.

Next Level Racing is an official PlayStation licensee, making very big and very expensive cockpits so players get a better simulation when playing driving games. On their Instagram page they asked "What racing game are you most looking forward to in 2020?" and posted four logos representing new games. Dirt 5 is shown and we know that's real, as is F1 2020 and AMS 2, the short name for Reiza Studios' Automobilista 2.

InstaNext.jpg

Source: https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/05/20/gran-turismo-7-ps5-gt7-playstation-5-launch-games/

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I never thought I'd say this, but that is one sexy ass logo for GT7. And I'm not even a logo guy lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That seems very very soon

Or it's been longer since GT Sport than I think it was and time goes by too fast, man

2017?!

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
This better not be a fucking PS4, if PD ain't learnt their lesson after GT6 then FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
I was hoping a new Forza would get announced this year since they skipped last year and it's been 3 years since the last in the Forza Motorsport series. I will take GT7 though.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just guessing.

Would be much happier with a '7' if true though.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, it's gonna be a rushed mess isn't it

GT Sport already has high quality assets locked behind photomode. So it'snot like they'd have to redo everything that's already there in terms of cars. But I would figure they'd keep the GT Sport platform and offer a visual upgrade for the new console in the form of a patch.

Also that logo looks a bit undercooked. Then again GT6 logo didn't look great either.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Polyphony does fit as a studio that could have something ready in the 3 years since GT Sport. If they're doing a numbered entry then they really have to make it count though.

Kaz said:
"I think the next title that we're going to create will be a combination of the past, present and future – a complete form of Gran Turismo,"
Would 3 years be enough for that though?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao how did this company get the game's logo?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That logo is so generic you could make it in Photoshop in two minutes.

Honestly, I came into this thread thinking it would just be some mocked-up logo, but that lockup is more professional than I think a licensee would invent on their own. It's not just a big Helvetica "7" next to the GT logo; the 7 is well-integrated into the GT symbol and angled to match it, and placed in a lockup where it creates symmetry with the bottom half of the G.

I think that might just be the official GT7 logo.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Are people not expecting this to also be a PS4 game? I just assumed it was going to be cross gen. Like there is no chance the next Forza isn't either.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I had faith PD could do something for launch. 3 years since Sport and they're outsourcing car models which should cut down on development time.

🙏

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't wait to see how it's gonna look. GT Sport looks bonkers and Kaz said that all car models exists in much higher quality that PS4 can display (i.e PS5 models).

GT7 at launch would be absolutely huge for Sony, especially in Europe. That would give them a crazy head start.