• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiazmat

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like that PS5 launch ad that confirmed the 2021 exclusives was updated to remove the GT7 date:

Before:
rxHzLlB.jpg

www.gtplanet.net

Gran Turismo 7 Release Confirmed as "Anticipated First Half of 2021" in New PS5 Video

A new official PlayStation 5 video has confirmed that Gran Turismo 7 is scheduled to launch in the first half of 2021. The new video, titled "New Worlds to Explore" is very closely related to the first official PlayStation 5 TV ad we saw two weeks ago. That clip featured a short burst of GT7 game

Now:
nAHLCVf.png

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I hope this time we have weather effects day 0. There is no excuses.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These types of texts should never be taken as "confirmations". Wait for an actual announcement from PD themselves.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, god fucking damnit.

edit: not having a big budget new first party racing game at launch for these new consoles sucks. But there are bigger fish to fry in the world :/

can we @ them on twitter to get a confirmation its been delayed? I really hope this isnt another gt5 situation where it takes like 4 years for the game to actually come out

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I'm ok with GT7 Prologue at the tail end of the PS5 so we get a true next gen release for the PS6 : D

Last edited:

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really want a proper racer built from the ground up for next gen, not cross-gen like the ones we have so far.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
"In development for Playstation"

Thats an interesting way to put it, could be a hint that its coming to PS4 too, since why not say "In development for Playstation 5"

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I honestly expected it in the first half but oh well Covid fucks up plans so not that much of a surprise in retrospect

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
That always felt pretty optimistic to me. GT games rarely launch on time so I would've been more surprised if this one ended up bucking that trend. Add in the COVID factor and I wouldn't be shocked to see this game slip out of 2021.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Prologue here we come.

Still fucking hilarious you can have a prologue for a racing game.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's barely even a real GT game without a delay.

Thats an interesting way to put it, could be a hint that its coming to PS4 too, since why not say "In development for Playstation 5"
Seems plausible. I presume by now they realise that they made a mistake with GT6 and would make some changes to how they sold a GT game on PS4 (like including both console versions in a single purchase to encourage a console upgrade later).

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Might be more to space releases out than anything? Ratchet in ~Feb, Returnal in April? and then HZ:FW, GT7 and GoW at least still to come.

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Normally I would say don't read too much into footnotes but... I don't see why they would change this if they weren't very sure it's getting delayed. It's not like "anticipated" is any type of legally binding language... Kind of sad since racing games shine in the first year, but I guess they shine even more when you polish them.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Not a big deal.

We didn't even have a firm date, so between first-half and second-half, could literally be one to 6 months difference.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna be on Polyphony time, it'll be ready when it's ready.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
In the meantime, GT Sport looks and runs fantastic on PS5 and frequently goes on sale for $15

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017

I think that makes perfect sense. Let's be honest here, by not releasing it on the PS4 Sony would be literally leaving money on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.