• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Which cars are $20m?

Max I've seen (or paid attention to) are $1m

Also the tomahawk is soooo much fun to drive. Pity you can't use it at all for any world circuit races, even post game

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Completely shameless. First they price the game, which already is just an iterative upgrade to GT Sport, at 80€. Then a short time after release, after reviews have been publicized, they decrease race rewards dramatically to push their own MTX? Wouldn't surprise me if this was planned from the beginning. I hope outlets will adjust review scores accordingly, this is borderline fraud.

Also deserves a new thread imo.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Right now after the patch, assuming fishermans is still the fastest way to earn money, that's 850k per hour. So, roughly 24 hours of grinding the same rally race over and over for a single 20,000,000 Cr car, of which there's surely gonna be multiple.

I think the sport mode payouts are the worst too considering that'll be the main thing a bunch of people will want to play (including myself). With the deep forest race, you got like what, 20k at best? Let's say you can do 3 of those races per hour.
That's 60K per hour, or over 330 hours for a single 20,000,000 Cr car...

I get that some people think the game should be long lasting, but I hate that argument. Your time has worth, even if you're using it to play games. If you pay 80€ for a videogame, you should be able to access its contents in a reasonable timeframe and not have to invest your entire life into it.
Post-patch, that settles it. I can afford not to buy the game until well into next year tbh. No game is worth that kind of cease-less grind.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Except, that's where you're wrong? At 50 hours, GT7 has basically no content left. You're done, and all you can do is redo events you've already done.
At 50 hours, you're still at ARR storywise (most likely at least.) in FFXIV, there's actual worthwhile content and story stuff. There's... progression. Even at that point you can already unlock a ton of stuff, and still have clear goals of where to go. You're getting a vastly higher quality of enjoyment for your time, something fresh.

I haven't even completed the game yet. I've still got several menus to go as well as missions. Then the Circuit Experience. And i'm sitting on 18m credits without spending a cent.

Well sure, the problem for me is they are clearly making things way harder to get compared to the older games. 24 hours compared to 4 hours to get a 20m car is just shit, and that's by grinding fishermans lol

Yes, for that race. They specifically note that they've adjusted payouts for various races based on the difficulty of the race and time it takes to complete. People had already pointed out that it was strange that longer and harder races would give you much smaller payouts than shorter and easier ones.

Jan 10, 2018
Except, the grind is vastly worse in this. Someone over at GTPlanet calculated it.
www.gtplanet.net

The Easiest Ways to Make Money in Gran Turismo 7

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet: The Easiest Ways to Make Money in Gran Turismo 7 One of the very first questions players always ask when a new Gran Turismo game comes out is “what’s the quickest way to make money in this game”, and Gran Turismo 7 is no different...

Right now after the patch, assuming fishermans is still the fastest way to earn money, that's 850k per hour. So, roughly 24 hours of grinding the same rally race over and over for a single 20,000,000 Cr car, of which there's surely gonna be multiple.

I think the sport mode payouts are the worst too considering that'll be the main thing a bunch of people will want to play (including myself). With the deep forest race, you got like what, 20k at best? Let's say you can do 3 of those races per hour.
That's 60K per hour, or over 330 hours for a single 20,000,000 Cr car...

I get that some people think the game should be long lasting, but I hate that argument. Your time has worth, even if you're using it to play games. If you pay 80€ for a videogame, you should be able to access its contents in a reasonable timeframe and not have to invest your entire life into it.

Fully agree about Sports races. These are without a doubt the most challenging and time consuming race events and they should reward waaaaaay more than they do at the moment. It doesn't make any kind of sense at all to design the games longevity around online modes and there's no actual reward from competing in them (besides the fun factor of course).

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Completely shameless. First they price the game, which already is just an iterative upgrade to GT Sport, at 80€.

This is what I hate about these discussions. It's a completely new fucking game. From the basic driving physics to the the weather/time of day. If they didn't release the game on the PS4 as well no one would be bringing up these ridiculous GT Sport comparisons.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Which cars are $20m?

Max I've seen (or paid attention to) are $1m

Also the tomahawk is soooo much fun to drive. Pity you can't use it at all for any world circuit races, even post game
I don't know, don't have the game yet (waiting to get a PS5 first lol), I was just repeating PockyWitch's reply in the thread

Yes, for that race. They specifically note that they've adjusted payouts for various races based on the difficulty of the race and time it takes to complete. People had already pointed out that it was strange that longer and harder races would give you much smaller payouts than shorter and easier ones.
I think people are just pissed that in general the payouts are much less compared to previous games + the MTX push. Hopefully they'll have addressed this by the time I can get a PS5 lol

Jan 10, 2018
Here are the payout changes in detail:

1647514989222-png.1125353

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky with roulette tickets much? xD

I've played for 70+ hours and I don't think I've scraped together more than 3m credits.

I think the most i've got out of any roulette ticket is 50k. So that's just been through racing. I've spend around 4-5m on cars and upgrades. The last car I bought was the F40 in the Legend Cars section.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I was trying to remember any episode where a dev goes out of his way to nerf a legit currency grind method. Can't remember any.

One thing would be if people were exploiting some glitch in order to accumulate a shitton of credits in a few minutes. But this isn't it, it was a legit (albeit boring) approach to sloooowly get somewhere.

Forza horizon 5 massively nerfed the economy, taking away wheelspins, letting you only buy one super wheelspin with FPS, etc. That's the only other one that comes to mind.

I get that they want you to keep playing, but it really sucks.

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I hate about these discussions. It's a completely new fucking game. From the basic driving physics to the the weather/time of day. If they didn't release the game on the PS4 as well no one would be bringing up these ridiculous GT Sport comparisons.

Even Sport mode is different. To its detriment infact as it stands right now.

As far as Sport goes, I actually wish "they just bolted some single player onto GT Sport!" was actually true..

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
www.gran-turismo.com

Update Details (1.07/1.08) - Update - Gran Turismo 7 - gran-turismo.com

An update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced.Update (1.08) Other Improvements and Adjustments - Fixed an issue wherein the lineup of cars would not appear in the Used Cars and Legend Cars dealerships; - Fixed an issue wherein in some...

Ridiculous. The payouts were already pretty low and they get even lower. They really want to sell thise credits dont they?

GT Sport is way more rewarding

Not to mention those spins that only give the worst prize

This game should be review bombed and this comes from a person that loves the franchise and this game

OP
OP
benzy

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
I got some GR3 race cars and 1 million credits from the roulette tickets.

The Fisherman Ranch payout nerf is complete bullshit though.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Did you repeat a lot of the high price events? I haven't done a single one of them yet.

I definitely did the HSR race several times. But over the past week I just floated around to different races while I waited for the patch to fix the rally racing tire issue so that I could finish trying to get Gold in S-5. Then i'd move onto completing the menus.

Neon Octopus

Nov 21, 2017
I don't have a problem with the payouts as much as the length of the campaign. The economy forces you to use low level cars for a while and think about which upgrades you want to invest in. Coming from FH5 has been an interesting contrast. In Fh5 I could immediately buy anything I wanted and just downloaded tunes at the top of the class. Everything felt the same and I got 1st place like 90% of the time. Here I can feel a few hp increase in a civic and am having a great time trying to shave some lap times (both buying upgrades and getting a better feel for the car). Some of this is because of the physics/handling models, some due to track design, but the slow pace of GT7 is also much more enjoyable to me. Maybe I'll never get all the cars, but I'd rather work towards golds than have everything handed to me.

I do wish they would give us a customizable hud. I just want place/lap and that thing that shows the gear of the next turn that flashes when to have to brake.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
The discussion would still be happening, all GTS does is magnify the issues.

Mar 2, 2018
Very annoying that they reduced the payout of a lot of the events. The High Speed Ring was an easy 100K (with the clean race bonus) for 6 mins for work.

I'm not even bothering with the roulette wheel anymore. Always get the worst possible reward from that.

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
I haven't even completed the game yet. I've still got several menus to go as well as missions. Then the Circuit Experience. And i'm sitting on 18m credits without spending a cent.

Its impossible to have anywhere near 18 mil playing only campaign thats not true

Unless you are playing jap version that would be like 1.8 mil on other regions

liljoka

Feb 25, 2020
I can't play the game because "server under maintenance"? Its just loading forever in the bottom right hand corner.

Faabulous

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty unnacceptable that the campaign is not playable during maintanence honestly
If I could I would have gotten a refund right about now. My gaming break is all gone and I couldn't play at all

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
There is an issue with the update apparently. Hopefully the issue is the nerfed payouts :P

I guess PD engineers are having overtime there (currently 10pm in Japan)

Waters

Mar 17, 2018
I haven't stuck to playing the campaign exclusively. I've been doing Missions as well as various races that open up on circuits as you progress through the campaign.

Sorry but i insist. That is not possible on normal gameplay unless you did a hard griding. And i mean HARD grinding

You said yourself that you spent like 4.5m on cars and parts... I have done every menu, almost all gold licenses and many missions and i have not EARNED 4mil, let alone spending it

You must be playing a version like the japanese one that the price ranges are different.

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017
I've done everything (First & Gold ) and didn't spend much and I'm barely at 10 mil (I got lucky at the ticket prices once or twice) so 18 mil seems weird

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Sorry but i insist. That is not possible on normal gameplay unless you did a hard griding. And i mean HARD grinding

You said yourself that you spent like 4.5m on cars and parts... I have done every menu, almost all gold licenses and many missions and i have not EARNED 4mil, let alone spending it

You must be playing a version like the japanese one that the price ranges are different.
Maybe they just have a different definition of grinding than you…. It's possible that they've just been playing the game a whole lot, bouncing around and repeating various events but not necessarily repeating the single most lucrative event on loop.

That said, as someone who has done a bit of intentional grinding, 18M does seem a bit high… but to be fair I didn't get the game right at launch (Best Buy didn't ship my copy out the door till launch day), and there have been a few days where I only lightly played the game to get my daily workout in.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Easy way to "fix" Sport mode.

Race A, BOP applied and choose from a supplied range of road cars.
Race B, single make, tuning allowed, car supplied.
Race C, BOP applied and choose from a supplied range of Gr cars

PD need to divorce Sport mode from your garage IMO. This wasn't needed in GT Sport due to how easy it was to obtain cars.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
There is an issue with the update apparently. Hopefully the issue is the nerfed payouts :P

I guess PD engineers are having overtime there (currently 10pm in Japan)

Hmmm, payouts wouldn't be handled server side, me thinks. And I don't think they can just issue another update today, since the patch has to go through Sony's validation proccess.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'm semi-ok with them nerfing Fishermans Ranch (45K with clean race bonus for 3.5 minutes of effort is still pretty solid), but the other ones are pushing it a bit... the dream is to have options of where to grind rather than being funneled towards Fishermans Ranch (or buying MTX, which frankly I'm just never going to do... the game already pushes hard enough to dip into the wallets of whales with cash to burn and no time to waste, pushing any harder in hopes of getting even more money is a fool's errand and will only be detrimental to the game).

They really need to add more events and/or boost the payout of custom races though... I wanna do endurance races to enjoy the dynamic time & weather, but not if they're gonna pay less than two laps of Fishermans Ranch (post-nerf).

Last edited:

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm glad I'm stuck on license tests rather than grinding all this other stuff but the payouts need to be getting higher, not the other way around. The MTX pricing is already awful but grinding 20+ hours for certain cars is insanity.

Like sure, I get Sony is probably pushing for certain revenue streams but surely there's gotta be a way better solution than this

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I'm semi-ok with them nerfing Fishermans Ranch (45K with clean race bonus for 3.5 minutes of effort is still pretty solid), but the other ones are pushing it a bit... the dream is to have options of where to grind rather than being funneled towards Fishermans Ranch (or buying MTX, which frankly I'm just never going to do... the game already pushes hard enough to dip into the wallets of whales with cash to burn and no time to waste, pushing any harder in hopes of getting even more money is a fool's errand and will only be detrimental to the game).

They really need to add more events and/or boost the payout of custom races though... I wanna do endurance races to enjoy the dynamic time & weather, but not if they're gonna pay less than two laps of Fishermans Ranch (post-nerf).
I remember someone posting that a 24 hour Nurburgring custom race only brings you 100k rewards in GT7, while I remember SuperGT doing his 200 laps on GT Sports (28 hours stream lol) rewarded about 5m credits.

Something's wrong with how they calculate the payouts for races tbh.