• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...-items-and-25th-anniversary-edition-detailed/

Pre-Order items:

51497794480_93988c9e61_h.jpg

• Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend
  • 100,000 in-game Credit (CR)

Anniversary items:

51497090878_0b5eb20ec7_h.jpg

• Includes PS5 Game Disc and Voucher for PS4 Game**
  • In-Game Credits – 1,100,000 CR
  • Toyota GR Yaris with country specific Livery
  • 30 Manufacturer / Partner Avatars
  • The Music of Gran Turismo Official Soundtrack
  • Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend

Last edited:

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
So could you just preorder the aniversary edition for PS5 and then just sell the PS4 code for near full price at launch?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
So could you just preorder the aniversary edition for PS5 and then just sell the PS4 code for near full price at launch?

I'd imagine it works like MLB The Show does and requires you to keep the PS4 disc inside the system if you want to play the PS5 version. Them allowing that kind of workaround where you can just sell the code would be pretty wild

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
PS Disc + Digital Voucher ? Am I reading this correctly ?

Also, 100k credit for preordering
1.1 millions for 25th anniversary edition ?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine it works like MLB The Show does and requires you to keep the PS4 disc inside the system if you want to play the PS5 version. Them allowing that kind of workaround where you can just sell the code would be pretty wild
The Anniversary edition comes with a PS5 disc and PS4 code, though.

Oct 30, 2017
Don't think the Digital Deluxe is worth the extra £20 for me personally.

Was prepared to splash out but will be fine with the standard bundle!

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah I just realized its the opposite of what they shipped the MVP edition of the Show with. So I dunno. I would guess you have to redeem the code to make the PS5 version usable though
Thats highly unlikely to happen. That would mean you cant sell your ps5 disc or share it which would be a much bigger shitshow.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
For the record, Hitman 3's PS5 edition also comes with a voucher for the PS4 version (since it's needed for VR), but you need a PS5 to be able to add the PS4 version to your library.

Linkie3

Feb 8, 2019
So does that mean, you can by this collection, sell the physical disk, and then redeem the PS4 code, and pay 10 dollar to upgrade to the PS5 version? Sounds great for when you want the game digital, but you also want the steelbook.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I liked the GT Sport Deluxe Edition. This feels similar in vibe, but a little bit cooler steelbook and I like the occasion it's celebrating. I might have to get this, even though I generally don't do physical games anymore. I know there's a digital package with everything but the disc and the steelbook, but I legit like that steelbook a lot (and I display my favorite steelbooks from the past on a shelf).

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does that mean, you can by this collection, sell the physical disk, and then redeem the PS4 code, and pay 10 dollar to upgrade to the PS5 version? Sounds great for when you want the game digital, but you also want the steelbook.

I would keep the disc but i'd like to know this too.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I adore the 25th anniversary steel book but the extras for it are boring. There's so much they could have done.

The best extras are the standard preorder bonuses. Castrol Supra is perfect.

Does PSN charge immediately or shortly before launch like Xbox?

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Want that steelbook but at the same time, this feels like a game I probably want to own digitally for pick up and play purposes.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
I can't justify $120 CAD for the 25th anniversary edition, but the regular preorder bonuses are nice. I'll go that route closer to launch.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with a digital ps5 but still have disc copies of 1-Sport on the shelf this sounds perfect for me. I want the disc despite never being able to play it.