• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Polyphony Digital hasn't announced the Gran Turismo 7 release date yet, but according to a YouTube advertisement discovered by someone at GTPlanet, the game is targeting a launch during the first half of 2021.
The advert itself reads "Sortie prévue pour la première moitié de 2021," which seemingly confirms we won't have to wait too long to get our hands on the next entry in Sony's flagship racing franchise. Sadly, it's not going to make the PS5 launch window.
https://www.psu.com/news/gran-turismo-7-release-targeting-first-half-of-2021-according-to-advert/

Hope it's true, Gran Turismo 7 never struck me as a game we'd have to wait much for considering the amount of footage they showed and that it's an iteration upon GTS. April release would be neat.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
That would be nice.

I'm still waiting for them to announce some news about VR support, I want more modes and more cars on the track.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I really hope so. One of the big reasons why I wanted one right away was just to make sure that I'm 100% ready for when this comes out.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I usually buy racing sims once a gen, so this will be it for me!

Jan 11, 2020
2021 is crowded for the PS5 : surely this has to be a cross-gen game. I was far from blown away at the reveal trailer which is quite unlikely from Polyphony Digital.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this one has some Regular Ass Cars and doesn't focus completely on online!

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
when would launch window end? Infamous SS was PS4 launch window and that came out in late February 2014 iirc. That's about as late as I'd put "launch window."

maybe April/May for GT7 is realistic. that'd be a nice surprise.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First half:

- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Gran Turismo 7
- Destruction All Stars

2021:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- Returnal
- God of War

2021 looking really good for Sony's first-party.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
My most anticipated PS title. Wonder if they'll plan a world tour around the release.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
GT7, Horizon, R&C, and GoW all making it for 2021 would make a year for the ages for PlayStation. Possibly even reaching 2001 status.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
That would be nice.

I'm still waiting for them to announce some news about VR support, I want more modes and more cars on the track.
There likely won't be vr support until psvr2, we found out the other day that no ps5 games support psvr only ps4 games played on ps5, Hitman ps5 does not support vr but hitman ps4 does for example

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'd be shocked if they maintain this window, given PD's track record.
Either way, this is the game where the adaptive triggers will really shine (dare I say even more than RT).

Last edited:

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
First half:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Destruction All Stars

2021:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- Returnal
- God of War

Wasn't aware Destruction All Stars was delayed. It was my most anticipated launch day game. Sucks, but hopefully for the better of the game. Had a feeling something was going on with it.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't aware Destruction All Stars was delayed. It was my most anticipated launch day game. Sucks, but hopefully for the better of the game. Had a feeling something was going on with it.
It was announced last week. Launching on February and free with PlayStation Plus.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hope not, I want them to spend more time and get it right with the contents.

Realtime day/night cycle and weather hopefully.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It's been awhile since Sony has released a GT before Microsoft released a Forza on a new generation of consoles.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
PS5 1st year is Godly. If nothing gets delayed then I would be comfortable saying it's the biggest 1st year for any console ever.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It was announced last week. Launching on February and free with PlayStation Plus.

It's also launching on PS Plus Day 1

No way! Alright, I'll take
In case you also missed it, the game will now also launch on PS+

No way! That's awesome, not only because of the saved money but also because it will help its player base. I was a bit worried about that as well.

As far as GT7 goes, it would be incredible to see it first half of 2021. Here's to hoping.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That would make sense. They've been improving their pipeline during GT Sport and the fact they showed it earlier this year made it seem like a 2021 game rather than further off.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
First half:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Destruction All Stars

2021:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- Returnal
- God of War

Yea, 2020 has been a crazy year too for Sony. If they hit all their targets for 2021. Absolutely amazing few years for them.

Oct 27, 2017
I still think it will be a holiday game but idk.

Ratchet is the only other launch window game we know of so maybe it's Jan-March

Sony also has ff16, GT7, GOWR, Horizon 2, Destruction All Stars (Feb right?) and Returnal all potentially slated for 2021. 1 or 2 of those may slip IMO.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
First half:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Destruction All Stars

2021:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- Returnal
- God of War

And then there might still be some stuff to be announced like the long rumored Silent Hills game and the The Last of Us MP game. Although I would expect some stuff to slip into 2022, with God of War being the prime candidate.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok I kind of expected it in 2021, but damn man kinda feels like too many games haha! If that's a thing. Not complaining. My wallet is 😂🙏