• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Attention Gran Turismo players! The June update for Gran Turismo 7 arrives today June 22 at 11:00pm PDT* (June 23 at 7am BST / 3pm JST).

Cars
Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98

Returning to the series for the first time in a decade, the legendary Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98 is a monster machine developed specifically to compete in the most extremely harsh conditions for any race car in conquering the treacherous hill climb. The frame is of an all-new design using an aluminum space frame. To maximize performance, the powertrain has been extensively modified, moving the engine from the base model's front position to a midship configuration. The fully tuned 2.5L V6 engine has been fitted with twin turbochargers allowing it to produce a maximum 981 BHP and 95 kgfm maximum torque.

Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3 Version)

This model is a realization of Suzuki's motor sporting prowess, extensively tuned to meet Gr.3 regulations. The base Suzuki VGT uses the 1,340 cm³ (1,340 cc) Hayabusa engine linked to 3 high-power electric motors on an all-wheel drive powertrain. This Gr.3 version however has been changed to a simple front-engine, rear-wheel drive layout with a V8 twin-turbo powerplant comprised of 2 Hayabusa engine blocks for a total displacement of 2,680 cm³ (2,680 cc). In this form, the monstrous engine can produce a maximum 577 BHP at an astoundingly high 10,000 rpm. Compared to the base model, the design aesthetics have been altered to achieve increased downforce, featuring an enlarged front spoiler as well as the addition of front and rear diffusers, a GT wing and air ducting on the bonnet.

1932 Ford Roadster

In the world of customized cars, the US is often number one in terms of quality, volume, and genre. The oldest genre of these, now an iconic part of American culture is the Hot Rod. This was a movement that originated in the 1930s, where the Ford Model T and the later Model A's and Model B's were heavily modified by their owners. Extensive exterior modifications were performed on these cars such as removing wheel arches, bonnets and cutting the body to make chop-top convertibles. More and powerful engines were then added to the cars as technology improved over the years.

Watkins Glen International

Nicknamed "The Glen", Watkins Glen International is a historic road course found in New York State, roughly 260 miles northwest of New York City, which opened in 1956 and is surrounded by rolling hills. The first half of the track comprises high-speed sections with mid to high-speed corners, with the latter half features tight, technical turn combinations. The undulating track is also narrow which encourages high-intensity racing battles. The back straight leads to a high-speed chicane, immediately followed by a right turn into a banking section (Outer Loop), which is one of the track's primary highlights. From there, the long course will run into the technical section known as "The Boot", while the 'Short Course' bypasses this segment entirely.

Gran Turismo Café – Extra Menus

The following 3 Extra Menus have been added:

• Toyota 86 Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Honda Type R Collection: Opens at Collector Level 20
  • Rotary Engine Collection: Opens at Collector Level 32

blog.playstation.com

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.17 brings three new 3 cars, an international circuit, and Extra Menus

Latest update includes two legendary cars, one Vision GT, and the introduction of the Watkins Glen International circuit.

Last edited:

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, always been a fan of The Glen, and it's been a while since I took the Escudo for a spin!

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I dipped my toes back in this past weekend for the first time in about 2 months. Really enjoyed the couple hours I spent with it and now even more reason to keep it going. Can't wait to rip around the Glen.

smarty86

Apr 4, 2022
They should really focus on the game breaking stuff (macrotransactions/low rewards, AI behavior, MP penalties,...) first, since everything else falls apart without fixes to these.

However it is good to see more content, since GT7 was also lacking there. I would like to see more higher pp championships.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing, I love Watkins Glen.

Curious how much the Escudo is going to cost in-game. I need it!

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
The disrespect in that title just listing Watkins Glen as "an international circuit".

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Oh nice, I only completed one of the last extra menu, really want to get back into this again.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Fantastic game.

Awesome that they are providing so much free extra content.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give us Pikes Peak! Polyphony has the exclusive rights to it. Because it's a rally stage, we're not going to get it, are we...?

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Watkins Glen International is the official name, not a description :P

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't get it, then it won't be because of it being a rally course. They've already said snow courses are going to come in a future update.

Oh no. This series has never handled snow physics well at all. The dirt stuff is already pretty lackluster too when compared to Dirt Rally and WRC.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
Where the fuck is Grand Valley?! A huge part of the charm are the fantasy tracks. Without them, there are better sims to drive.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Love the look of the escudo and always great to have new tracks

I fucking hate these vision cars though. They just look those old 'here's what a PS4/Xbox 720 console will look like!!1!' Mock-up image from like 2010 if they were a vehicle lol

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
A new track is always good. Hopefully they can add a track every month or two.

Really missed opportunity to add Pikes Peak with the Escudo though lol

They should really focus on the game breaking stuff (macrotransactions/low rewards, AI behavior, MP penalties,...) first, since everything else falls apart without fixes to these.

However it is good to see more content, since GT7 was also lacking there. I would like to see more higher pp championships.
I mean the people who do game design / AI stuff are different from the people who do cars/ tracks content really. They should be able to focus on both at the same time.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The vision cars are important though, as it forges a stronger relationship between PD and the manufacturers which is always a good thing.

I don't mind ones like this though as it is basically a modern version of the GSXR/4 which was in GT4 and was a cool concept that worked.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
A new track is always good. Hopefully they can add a track every month or two.

Really missed opportunity to add Pikes Peak with the Escudo though lol

I mean the people who do game design / AI stuff are different from the people who do cars/ tracks content really. They should be able to focus on both at the same time.
I was just about to say that, on top of that every single update includes a ton of fixes.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh if this confirms Red Rock is coming I'll be quite happy

Mung

Nov 2, 2017

It's not either/or though. Completely different people involved in sports mode bug fixes and track/car/content creation. So both are possible. Unless you want them to redirect the car creators to fixing sports mode bugs or tell them to chill?!

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Can't wait to get into this. The online racing in GT Sport was like crack to me once I got gud and 7 looks incredible from what I've seen.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When they add new menus are they also adding new events/prizes to existing events to win the cars like the campaign mode, or do you just need to aquire the cars using existing methods?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
When they add new menus are they also adding new events/prizes to existing events to win the cars like the campaign mode, or do you just need to aquire the cars using existing methods?
Will have to see mostly seems like adding more higher end races for credits.