• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

Stealthy

Mar 22, 2020
This is great news! Just made a top 10 racing games on my channel and we were hoping to hear some GT news. Can't wait for the "E3" 2020 events to kick into maximum! Also, my first post on here! Glad to be apart of this community, especially one that is active!

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
My wallet is ready. Let's do this.

This is great news! Just made a top 10 racing games on my channel and we were hoping to hear some GT news. Can't wait for the "E3" 2020 events to kick into maximum! Also, my first post on here! Glad to be apart of this community, especially one that is active!
Welcome to the party. Got a link to your vid? I'll check it out.

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
I don't understand why they filed the patents in my country and not in the USA. Does this make any strategic sense?

Stealthy

Mar 22, 2020
My wallet is ready. Let's do this.

Welcome to the party. Got a link to your vid? I'll check it out.

Thank you. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link inside forums or else it may be considered advertising. Look up District Gamers on YouTube, it is the newest upload. Thanks for checking it out if you get a chance.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If Gran Turismo is a launch-window game, screw my previous commitment to a Series X at launch.

I have accepted that I am getting both the PS5 and the Series X eventually, but I am still trying to determine which one I want at launch or within launch window. Gran Turismo releasing within launch window (which I'll say is 4-5 months after launch of the console) would be an instant PS5 turnover for me, then I'd grab the Series X later down the line.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
just wondering how the HDR can be improved from GT: Sport...

the HDR in GT:Sport already blew my mind. The red in some of the cars displayed on my 4k bravia...looks so legitimately 'redder' (for the lack of a better word) than anything i've seen on a tv screen outsider of real life.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I just really hope they keep and improve Sport mode and all of Sport's multiplayer. Easily the best racing game of this console gen.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's nothing. I can't imagine a world where PD makes finished games in a reasonable amount of time.

I probably won't believe it until I'm playing it at launch tbh.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I still think it's nothing. I can't imagine a world where PD makes finished games in a reasonable amount of time.

I probably won't believe it until I'm playing it at launch tbh.
I'm not sure where this narrative comes from? Because apart from GT5 and all the problems Polyphony had adjusting to PS3/HD, they've literally always finished games in a "reasonable amount of time".

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
just wondering how the HDR can be improved from GT: Sport...

the HDR in GT:Sport already blew my mind. The red in some of the cars displayed on my 4k bravia...looks so legitimately 'redder' (for the lack of a better word) than anything i've seen on a tv screen outsider of real life.

LOL it really was. "GT7: Feel the reds"

But man this would be a hype launch game, show off what the PS5 can do.

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint's remake project ;)

But yeah, this is very interesting. We are at least seeing GT at the event even if not launch title.

petermarinus

Banned
May 31, 2020
Sony did mention they want the fastest transition ever... This could mean that there won't even be a war this time.
Great for GT fans, I guess

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
Oh its getting hot! I wanna get in to Racing game more so I might pick this up with a racing wheel!

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
The GTS models should be more than enough in poly count so hopefully they can spend time on everything else.

lolz
The GT5's models were supposedly future-proof. I am pretty sure they are making car models for GT7 from scratch as we are having this conversation. As far as planning and resource management is concerned, PD is a disaster.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
lolz
The GT5's models were supposedly future-proof. I am pretty sure they are making car models for GT7 from scratch as we are having this conversation. As far as planning and resource management is concerned, PD is a disaster.
well imo there's a diminishing return somewhere when it comes to the car modeling, and the models they have right now is good enough I think, also they're made with tessellation in mind, I hope. But we'll see if they think so or not when the car list is announced I guess LOL

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
They showed off ray-tracing 2 years ago (okay, late 2018, but still), I don't see why it'd be such a stretch to see a GT game on PS5 on launchday, or close to it.

Dec 8, 2018
lolz

I mean the cars in replays look almost better than real life since there are no dirt etc on them so if they focus on such aspects and improving the environments I belive we basically won't tell the difference of real life until the car bump into one another or a wall without much of a scrap.

I mean look at this

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If Gran Turismo is a launch-window game, screw my previous commitment to a Series X at launch.

I have accepted that I am getting both the PS5 and the Series X eventually, but I am still trying to determine which one I want at launch or within launch window. Gran Turismo releasing within launch window (which I'll say is 4-5 months after launch of the console) would be an instant PS5 turnover for me, then I'd grab the Series X later down the line.

This is me as well - GT7 at launch will 100% push me to PS5 first and SX later.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Having gt at the start will be cool. Its been releasing with shitty timing for years. Its a great showcase game and fans will jump on a new system for it so why wait till the middle if a gen?

renx

Jan 3, 2020
As much as I'd love this to happen, I hope the G29 is supported. I'm not getting ready to spend another 3-400 on senseless marketing.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Imho it would work better as a 2021 game, especially if it's true that many games planned for next year are going to get delayed due to the current inability to perform motion capture (on which GT doesn't rely much). And despite the decrease in sales it's still a system seller with a very dedicated fanbase: if initial PS5 production is going to be limited, like Bloomberg said, it only makes sense to wait for 2021.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
GT with real time global illumination, weather and how that affects the lighting, time of day transitions as well like GT5/6 had (but for all tracks). Releasing at launch. I want to believe.